I really get annoyed when...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Locked
User avatar
Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:24 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Post by Sailorasteroid » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:46 pm

I'm in a ranting mode right now, and I think this is the place for this rant.

I read from time to time (and tonight has been one of the times)someone saying, "Don't use Japanese words in your communication if you don't actually speak the language. Stop pretending you're some kind of Japan expert just because you watch anime. You're really just a wannabe otaku, and if you knew the negative connotation to that word, you'd realize how pathetic you are."

Well, excuse me. I wasn't aware that there were a limited number of konnichi wa's in the world, and that I was draining the supply. Gomen nasai, Nihon! Oh, no, I'm being pathetic again!

OK, seriously, what does it matter? I (and others) use it because it's cute; it's the same reason we toss smilies into our communication. I'm not using it in my Master's thesis (unless it's in philology), and most of the people in the places I'm using it know what the words mean. And once in a while, the Japanese word fits better than its English equivalent.

When I watch Japanese people speak and they toss in English words, I'm not insulted that they're aping my culture and I don't think they're dispariging the language by using it with an accent or not using idioms exactly as a native speaker would. I'm flattered they think there's something worthwhile in my culture they can use. Why should Japanese people be insulted by the fact that I want to emulate them? (I should say that most of the people about whom I'm ranting, the comlainers, are generally not Japanese people concerned with national pride, but fellow anglophones apparantly just annoyed by someone having fun with another culture)

But that's just a telling point. The real issue is the notion that I'm pathetic for being a big fan and for taking pride in my fanhood. Is there a point at which it becomes a problem? Yes. But guess what? I know that I'm not going to be recruited by a talking cat to fight evil, that I'm never going to have a goddess come through the phone to be my girlfriend, that I'm never going to be a master martial artist living on a mountain spouting Confucian wisdom, and that my job's not going to entail riding around in a robot suit firing lasers. That doesn't invalidate the fact that all of those make fine daydreams.

There's a great Spanish proverb that says, "Take what you want and pay for it, by God!" I pay. I don't fritter away my entire life seeking unattainable goals. I have a perfectly mundane job where I get paid for work, not for dreams. When I'm in relationships, I know it's another person I'm dealing with, not some ideal off the TV screen. If I'm lucky, my friends will share my likes and my dreams, and it's in the hearts of good friends that the fantasy world I'm longing for finds its greatest reality. But the point is that so as long as I maintain a fair and rational relationship with reality on its time and its terms, then on my time I can go as deep into the fantasy as my imagination and will allows.

To all those who insist on shoving your cynicism in my face and calling me pathetic, do me a favor in the name of our fellow humanity and shut up. Wherever you find your star to follow, your dreams and love, good for you, and if you have no dreams and no love, it's I who should pity you. Don't deny me mine; you don't know what's best for me. To my fellow dreamers on similar wavelengths, I hope you'll continue to give me your support and accept mine; together we can make our world precious, and maybe just a little bit real.

Now, sumimasen, I've got to henshin and draw forth all my powers. Oyasuminasai!
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

490

User avatar
Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: Indiana

Post by Anthy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:13 pm

[Lots of posts wuz here!]

Okay, we're getting really far into this "using Japanese in conversation" topic, and no one's really posting about anything else that annoys them, so I'm going to split it into a new topic.

I'm keeping Sailorasteroid's post here, because it was the post to spawn this discussion, and it still fits the original topic. ^^
Princess AIcon by livejournal user equivalency

User avatar
peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: B.C. Canada
Contact:

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:37 pm

Anthy
and no one's really posting about anything else that annoys them,
Then allow me to^_^. Now before I type this, just to let you know, I may somehow, someway, offend someone. I don't mean to, so please don't get upset. Also, I am incredibly pissed right now and what I'm about to talk about reaaaaally pisses me off.

I really hate people who bitch all the time about how hard their life is (with this rant, I'm refering to people who's so called hard life is something that EVERY DAMN TEENAGER GOES THROUGH!!). There is this one girl in my class who I'm refering to. For this rant I will call her chainsmoking piece of shit with a man's voice, or just piece of shit.

I have her in all my classes and EVERY DAY she bitches about how she couldn't do her homework because A) She didn't "get it" (meaning she didn't want to read the work and try to understand it) or B) She had to work. If we have to hand in our work, she always bitches about how she couldn't get it done. When she doesn't get it done or "doesn't understand it" she will literally go to everyone in the class and ask people for the answers. 0___o

Then when we have to do work in class she goes up to everyone, demanding that we show her how to do her work. I'm sorry, but unless you're someone polite, not irritating and/or one of my friends, I'm not dropping my work to show you how to do something staright forward and easy. Then when no one wants to help her she says, out loud "It's not fair that I can't do my work just because no one will help me!" Geez, sorry for wanting to get my own work done in time.

Today in S.S., we had a project that was due tomorrow, but the teacher decided to give us until Monday since everyone was having problems. Piece of Shit yells out "That's not fair, I worked hard last night to get it done, it should be due tomorrow!" Everyone at this point was telling her to shut up and the teacher wisely told her that he's doing no harm to her by helping the rest of us out. For the rest of class it was "This is bull shit" from her.

Finally, the one thing that has pissed me off most about this subject; when people try to belittle others problems with their own. Awhile ago Piece of Shit was bitching about having to much homework in Math and told the teacher that she couldn't do it because she had to work (which was sitting at the window at Burger King) and other homework. One of the students who was in the big play with me told her "Me and [my name] have the play in a week, but were not bitching." And she has the nerve to say "Oh yeah, that's hard work, learning lines [/sarcasm]."

Let me tell you something, DON'T YOU EVER try to make it seem like the stress in my life, or anothers lives, is nothing when compared to yours. She is the only person I know of who complains about how hard her life is, no one else I know even brings it up, you know why, No one cares. That's harsh, but guess what, the majority of people don't care if you have to much homework or have to go to work. I'm not going to say what hardships I have to go through because it would be hypocritical of me, and I'm sure no one here would care. All I'll say is that I work just as hard as most people my age, but I don't get paid for it, I don't get paid for anything. But I don't say anything.

Whew ^^; sorry if this is a little long, but I just needed to say that :feels 110% better: The moral is, don't complain about you're life if it's trivial and something everyone else is going through, because people like me jsut don't give a damn after a while. Thank you for reading :glomps:
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

User avatar
crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: Roasty Kansas

Post by crazydiamond » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:02 pm

I get super annoyed when a show gets cancelled before it's finished. I mean, really, there were only a few episodes of Wonder Falls to begin with, but to cancel it only three or four episodes in? WTF? I really liked that show. Also, recently, is Kingdom Hospital. I have been waiting for FOUR WEEKS now for a new episode. But nooooo, all this crap has to be on. Tonight, it's hockey. It really really annoys me because there are only a few episodes LEFT, so the series was getting good. Ihateit!! *kicks stupid hockey* I'm afraid it's going to get cancelled, or forgotten about or whatever. I *really* want to see the rest of it.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

User avatar
Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:19 am
Location: Massy, France

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:01 am

peachvampiress wrote:Anthy
and no one's really posting about anything else that annoys them,
Quote edited for space, but see, Peach, I'm like you in a way, I hate people like that. I think I already mentioned the person I knew who was like that.

But I'm a bit luckier than you, I guess: thanks to school that has ended, I won't see that person again.

Other than that, I found a new thing that annoys me: I hate it when my cat chooses the time I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt to scratch my elbow u_u or when he tried to eat my head this morning(sometimes it looks like so o.O, he does that all the time ) and instead of eating me, he managed to scratch my face! So now I have a lovely Zorro sign on my elbow and a little red star on my face. How lovely o.O
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay


Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !

User avatar
Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1149
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA.
Contact:

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:10 am

I just noticed something that really annoys me last night...when things are out of place. It's strange because I'm the most un-organized person in the world. You should've seen my notebooks in high school and of course, my room. Well, my room isn't too bad. You can at least still walk in it and see the floor, but if something isn't in the place where I want it to be, I'll get annoyed. Like, for example. My shoes are placed up against the wall in the corner so you don't trip on them or anything like that and they're facing each other paralled(spelling?). If one of those shoes is moved so they're not paralled, I'll get annoyed until I move it back into that position.

My SNES is currently in front of my desk that my tv rests on pointing in my direction where I'm sitting as I watch tv. If my SNES is moved even just a little bit so it's not facing me directly, I'll get annoyed until I move it back. Last night I was downstairs in the kitchen and the cabinet doors underneath the sink were opened and the side of the garbage can was sticking out. That annoyed me until I moved the garbage can all the way back in and closed the cabinet doors. I also get annoyed when people leave things like the fridge doors (even though I accidentally do that myself a few times ^^;; ) or the cabinet doors opened when they're not using them and will close them. It's strange that I'm picky about these things when I'm not clean or neat at all. ^^;;
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

User avatar
Celexa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:39 pm
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Post by Celexa » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:22 pm

One thing that really annoys me is when in, and I only find this in American cartoons though it could be elsewhere, people make girl's waists ungodly skinny.

"Lookit me!! I have a skinny waist! My waist is even smaller than my wrist is! Hehehehehe*snort*hehehe!"

I thought it was BAD to be anorexic.

Me: This is coming from the kid who doesn't know what Viagra is!
Ko: It's cold medicine, right?
Our Group: NO!!!
Me: Can I just say?
Dylan: Sure, it's no weirder than what normally comes out of your mouth.
Me: (says what)
Ko: .....What's that?
Me: ......*starts crying*
Carley: STEVE! STEVE GET OVER HERE AND TELL KO WHAT VIAGRA DOES!
Steve: See, it's like this: The bridge goes up and the soldiers rush out....

Tiff: Aww, you killed someone for me. That's so sweet in a f***ed up sort of way!

User avatar
peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: B.C. Canada
Contact:

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:35 pm

Something new that has made the enemies list :evil:

Playlists. I don't know what the smeg they are, but they irritate me. You know when you're searching for an mp3 and you type it in and you get a lot of hits. Well I find that 80% of these hits are these playlist things. What is it? As far as I could tell, it's a person who lists all the mp3s they own, but aren't willing to share with other people. I don't care what you have, all I care is what you're offering people to download. Here I am trying to find Setsuna's prologue and poem and all I'm getting are the lyrics and these playlists :scowls evily:
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

User avatar
doodlebuguk
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:59 pm
Location: England ^-^
Contact:

Post by doodlebuguk » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:29 am

peachvampiress wrote:Something new that has made the enemies list :evil:

Playlists. I don't know what the smeg they are, but they irritate me. You know when you're searching for an mp3 and you type it in and you get a lot of hits. Well I find that 80% of these hits are these playlist things. What is it? As far as I could tell, it's a person who lists all the mp3s they own, but aren't willing to share with other people. I don't care what you have, all I care is what you're offering people to download. Here I am trying to find Setsuna's prologue and poem and all I'm getting are the lyrics and these playlists :scowls evily:
God, yes! Playlists are just awful is you are searching for an mp3. I've been searching for ages for songs from Di Gi Charat and all I ever find is annoying playlists! Why oh why do people make them? Is it just to go "Look at all these cool songs that I have, oh, and by the way, there's no way I'm sharing them with you, I just want to make you really jelous... hahahahaha!"... OK, you get my point. :oops:

User avatar
Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by Starscream » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:35 am

This might not apply to all of them, but some people do have playlists up so that others can browse the collection and then possibly offer up a trade in order to get the song they want. Most times, the playlists are only sent to specific individuals (i.e., those that request them), but I, at one point, have also put up a playlist in the hopes that people would stop by and be willing to trade with me, especially if I'd included a "Wish List" so they can see if it's worth their time to bother me :)
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

User avatar
Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1149
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA.
Contact:

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:04 pm

Another thing to add to the list. I hate it when my mother (or anyone else, for that matter, but in this case my mother) always changes our plans. For example, last Saturday we had planned to go to shopping at the mall on Saturday afternoon. Then, she said we were going to wait until later that evening after we ate supper. Unfortunately, we couldn't do that because we had to go to Walmart to buy my sister a new tv to replace her broken one, so we changed our plans to go to the mall on Tuesday, since it was going to be closed on Monday. Then, yesterday she said we weren't going to go to the mall because of rainy weather and that we would go today, but today, she said we were going to go on Friday. Geez, at this rate, it'll be next month before I actually get to go the mall and I'm getting impatient. It's not the fact that she wants to go to the mall on Friday that pisses me off; it's that she keeps wanting to change the day. All she needs to say is she wants to wait until this Friday instead of saying "we'll go tommorow" and then tommorow comes, but she changes it to the next day. At this rate, it'll be the end of the month before I get to go. :evil:
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

User avatar
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:31 am
Location: Australia

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:33 am

peachvampiress wrote:stuff about a teen bitch
I'm sure she would love Girl TV and their mini-show "It's a Girl's Life". It should at least put her in her place.

Basically the show features four stupid teenage girls (played by Girl TV's hosts). They are so ditzy they tackle the gaining of 250 grams as though it's the end of the world (the solution is that they hire a personal trainer who actually does more exercise than they do--they lose pounds from the worry). Fortunately, each episode is only 5 minutes long.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

User avatar
peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: B.C. Canada
Contact:

Post by peachvampiress » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:51 am

Another rant. As with all rants it will appear as if I'm refering to someone, but of course, I am not. Please don't get offended (not that I care). This is one of the things in life that piss me off the most.

I HATE it when people assume stuff about a book or movie. It's one thing to specualte, I enjoy speculating, it's fun. Stuff like "I think that this was suppose to mean this" or "this character probably did that because of this". Like I say, everyone does it, it's what makes a conversation fun. But the second it turns into "I think the author meant this" "The author probably ment this" "The director most likely ment it like this" is when I get really pissed off. I hate it when a person takes something in a novel and assumes that the author meant it to be a symbol or something similar.

Stuff like this even happens in Sailormoon. People assume Naoko meant a shite load of stuff to be a certain way when she hasn't said it herself. That is the only way I'll believe something, when the original author said it themselves that they meant for something to be a symbol. This stuff happens too often. Someone reads a book or sees a movie and thinks that there's some deep, hidden meaning. Of course there is a lot of the times, but that's usually when the author/director has said so themselves. Then these people pass of their interpretation like it's true and act like anything else is wrong or "not what the author meant".

This maybe be hard for some people to swallow (i.e. my grade 10 English teacher) but sometimes and author puts things in because they like it. Not because it represents something, but because they think it's cute, looks good, looks cool etc. Take the word muppet. Everyone thought it meant 'mop' and 'puppet'. Jim Henson (I think) eventually said that he used the word because he liked the way it sounded. Could you imagine that? Someone creating an odd sounding word because it sounds nice. Some people just add random shit to make something look cool.

So why does it bother me so much? Because I sort of speak from experience. I write stuff and add objects/events randomly in. Sometimes I give it a deeper meaning, but usually it's just my screwed up mind creating things and adding it at random. And I've had people think that it has a deeper meaning and then act like my writing's crap just because I say "not everything is a symbol".

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't assume someone meant something, because it just makes an ass out of you (or however that saying goes).
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

User avatar
Sailor X
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:04 am
Location: The place where it shines...

Post by Sailor X » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:40 am

peachvampiress wrote:Something new that has made the enemies list :evil:

Playlists. I don't know what the smeg they are, but they irritate me. You know when you're searching for an mp3 and you type it in and you get a lot of hits. Well I find that 80% of these hits are these playlist things. What is it? As far as I could tell, it's a person who lists all the mp3s they own, but aren't willing to share with other people. I don't care what you have, all I care is what you're offering people to download. Here I am trying to find Setsuna's prologue and poem and all I'm getting are the lyrics and these playlists :scowls evily:
AMEN! All the time I'm looking for Dirty Pair Flash songs, which are really rare. Every damn time I search, it's on somebody's playlist. And there are a million of them! Irritating to no end.
That avatar is a self portrait. Really. Really. No matter how much it looks like D'Angelo, that's me. .... Oh, just shut up.

"Man, I am like obsessed with this show...could anyone have made a worse tv program if they set out to? The best part is, it was my grandma's FAVORITE show. We put her in a home shortly after she made that comment."
Jump the Shark comment on "Small Wonder"

User avatar
Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:24 am
Location: ...Chicago? (I wish)

Annoyance of the Day

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:40 pm

This is the place to post the number one things in everyday life that get on your nerves. What's the number one most annoying thing that has happened to you today?
Mine can be summed up in two short words: Microsoft Word. Nuff said. Seriously, using Microsoft ANYTHING to make a lyrics booklet is TRULY annoying. It's even more annoying that that's the only tools I can use at the moment to make it. grrr....
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

User avatar
Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Post by Panda » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:16 pm

I caught my friend in lie today... I don't care if people lie but there's really no good reason to lie to the person you call your best friend (regardless of what i think of her at this point...)

User avatar
nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 350
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: London

Post by nap* » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:40 pm

When family members hum an advert or finish of someone else's sentence of the TV

User avatar
SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:39 pm
Location: Color Red
Contact:

Post by SeiUsa » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:18 pm

* Ever since elementary school, I've hated how the teacher would erase the chalkboard, and there would always be one little mark left. i could never concentrate because I was always OCD about looking at that damn mark.

* I hate it when people pour a bowl a cereal, and then DROWN it in milk, and when the cereal's all gone they don't drink the rest of the milk. -_- Ugh. I say if you're not going to drink all the milk, then you can just have your Cheerios dry.

* I'm probably the only one who's ever noticed this, but it annoys me how nobody actually says the word "you" anymore. They just seem to combine it with another word. Like, "Couldju?" instead of "Could you?" or "I hatechu!" instead of "hate you". GAH! Why doesn't anyone pronounce the Y anymore?!

Be back to add more later. There are a great many annoyances.
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:23 pm

SeiUsa wrote:
* I hate it when people pour a bowl a cereal, and then DROWN it in milk, and when the cereal's all gone they don't drink the rest of the milk. -_- Ugh. I say if you're not going to drink all the milk, then you can just have your Cheerios dry.
=P Some of us just plain don't like milk, except in certain circumstances. I'm one of those people. I don't just drink milk. I drown my cereal in milk becuase I enjoy soggy cereal, but I don't drink the remaining milk becuase I don't like milk.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Post by Panda » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:25 pm

Mmmmmm.... I eat cereal just for the milk! Yum!

Locked