I really get annoyed when...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Locked
User avatar
Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1149
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA.
Contact:

I really get annoyed when...

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:20 am

.....people at msg boards always say "yeah, I agree with" whatever it is someone just said all the freakin' time. Geez, don't people have their own opinions, anymore? If they just didn't say it all the time, it wouldn't be as bad, but every freakin' time....sorry, I just had to let this anger off my chest.

Sailor_Trinity
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:30 am
Location: La La Land
Contact:

Post by Sailor_Trinity » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:09 pm

i know what you mean...then again i do that too sometimes.....im not familar with the people in this website so I can't really say that much....I might get yelled at and stuff...whaha.

User avatar
Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:56 am
Location: England baby!

Post by Em » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:23 pm

Yep I agree with what you say











People are sheep many can not think on their own they need other people's oppoains ( granted if its the same then of coures they would agree but they should at least go into detail in what way the agree)
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.


Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:07 pm

...when people don't read all of the posts.

When people are constantly off-topic.

When people feel the need to look waaayy too much into things.

When I'm at work and people come up to me with some huge complaint, and think I have the power to do something about it, and when I can't, they get pissed at me. WTF?! I'm a paid cashier. I can't do much about it, and when I refer them to the manager, they get pissed at ME, and tell the manager "she didn't care, so i'll talk to YOU." WTF?! I cared enough to refer you to the FUCKING MANAGER!
.......
^^;

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 1640
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:07 am
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Contact:

Post by MarioKnight » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:33 pm

Wow, I don't know where to start. But after my first ranting essay after the forum relaunch, I'm not gonna bother because I know I can out wirte that huge post easily. ^^;;;;;
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08


This list seems to keep on growing. =(

User avatar
Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1149
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA.
Contact:

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:41 pm

This one msg board I'm a member of has a Diversity forum, which would really be helpful for my latest English essay, in which it's an argumentive/pressusion(spelling?) essay, except that all that anyone says is "yeah, I agree with you." Like, it'll be like "do you think such and such is a sin?" and everyone will agree with whatever the person who posted the topic said. ><

User avatar
Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:19 am
Location: Massy, France

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:59 pm

Hmm.

I get really annoyed when...


On boards:

- People don't respect the mods on a board, either here or on the board I'm a mod for.

- People whine about "this is sooooooo difficult to get a rank" when you just have to post "normally" and when it's your choice to have things to say or not (happened lately on "my" board, I'll tell later if you want to hear).

- People don't read the rules of a board and then complain when they get "modded". And say they didn't read what you said in the rules when they just didn't understand it.

- People don't write correctly on a board on purpose. I forgive bad typing, cause you can't be perfect, but it you use only (for example in English) plz, u, luv or things like that, I hate it.


At work: (I am a cashier in a supermarket)

- When you open the "cash machine" (referred to as "CM" later in the post), you have to get the notes and coins in, and people don't care if you're really open or not, they just put their stuff on and look at you as if you had to hurry because they're here.

- When they don't understand that you have to close the CM to have a break, so you need to say "Sorry I'm closing" but people get pissed cause they think they have to get to your CM anyway.

- When you are at a special CM (meaning Pregnant or Handicapped CM, or the CM for the special credit card of the supermarket) and they don't understand when you either ask them to let a handicapped or a pregnant go before them, or when you ask them if they have the card or not, when the CM with the special card is for this card only.



This is it for the moment.

Nota: I used the word "cash machine" for what I work at, because I don't know the phrase for it. Since I'm not in a shop but in a supermarket, can anyone please indicate me what the phrase is ?

I'm confused because I am a cashier but the dictionary says cashier for the machine, too. A cashier working at a casher... weird, lol ^^;;;

Thanks :)
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay


Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:44 pm

Akarui Kibuno wrote:Hmm.
- People don't read the rules of a board and then complain when they get "modded". And say they didn't read what you said in the rules when they just didn't understand it.


- When you open the "cash machine" (referred to as "CM" later in the post), you have to get the notes and coins in, and people don't care if you're really open or not, they just put their stuff on and look at you as if you had to hurry because they're here.

- When they don't understand that you have to close the CM to have a break, so you need to say "Sorry I'm closing" but people get pissed cause they think they have to get to your CM anyway.
YES! God! I feel your pain, Akarui. READ THE RULES.
As for the cashier stuff, I can also feel your pain, working in a store myself. We even have SIGNS on our registers that say "register closed, please go to another one", and they still just STAND there. WTF.

And the word used is "Cash Register". The reason you saw "cashier" in the dictionary (the cashier is at the cashier) is becuase it can also be used that way.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: Indiana

Post by Anthy » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:19 pm

-purposeless posts. If you have no opinion on the subject and/or have nothing to share, DON'T POST.

-2 or more posts in a row. The EDIT button HAS A PURPOSE! If you post, think of something to add on, you can edit and add it on. No one will condemn you for it.

-endless smilies. When I'm on my gramma's 38k, it loads every. Single. One. Avatars are bad enough for loading... with millions of emoticons a single page can take 5 minutes to load. -_-;


Real Life, so to speak. Wait... I have a real life?
-Jerks who pick on people for no real reason. I never said anything to you. I never provoked you. Why must you feel the need to make fun of my shirt, my hair, or my grandmother who can't eat very well and sometimes needs help?

-Girls who wear approximately one square foot of clothing. Your pimp might find you fiiiiiine. The rest of us are nauseated.

-Rap videos. SHUT UP AND STOP WAVING YOUR ASS ON MY TV SCREEN!

-Stupid people who are disrespectful to me because I'm a teenager. Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean you can cut in front of me in line and tell me I'm stupid, crazy, sleazy, short in attention span, ignorant, or a shitty driver. Thanks.

-Babies or young children in movies. Who would think that if you brought a BABY to Freddy vs Jason it would start wailing? Or if you brought your two eight-year-old sons that they would be loud, obnoxious, and start running up and down the aisles? Wow. I never would have guessed THAT happening!

-Drunk people that claim they're not drunk and proceed to pour beer on my shoes, not notice, try to pull down my skirt, and then call me an uppity bitch when I tell them to leave me alone. Enough said.

::growls:: Anyone ELSE wanna PISS ME OFF today?!

::bounces back to Anthy genkiness:: ^^
Princess AIcon by livejournal user equivalency

User avatar
Sailor Sapphire
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:04 pm
Location: The Realm of Crystal Tokyo

Post by Sailor Sapphire » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:29 pm

My pet peeves include, but are not limited to:
--Missing your fav. show when the previous day was a cliffhanger episode
--annoying DJs on the radio
--stupid TV commercials (especially those that copycat products)
--getting caught out in the rain when you least expect it
--pop quizzes
Bringing a presence that's cold as ice, I am the icy cool Gem Senshi, Sailor Sapphire!

Sapphire Gem Power, make up!

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:32 pm

Anthy wrote: -Stupid people who are disrespectful to me because I'm a teenager. Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean you can cut in front of me in line and tell me I'm stupid, crazy, sleazy, short in attention span, ignorant, or a shitty driver. Thanks.
It's so true. At work, I'm one of the youngest people there, but I've worked there longer than most of the other people...But if some old man asks me a question, and I give the right answer, he doesn't believe me, and he asks an older lady the SAME QUESTION.
Example:
(old man) do you carry *insert product here*
(tiff) No, Sir.
(Old man) You don't know what you're talking about. *Goes to older lady* Do you carry *insert product here*
(older cashier) No, Sir.
(old man) I knew you'd know *nods*

YES, this happened to me. WORD FOR WORD. I'm not an idiot because i'm 21, people. I work hard, I'm a full-time college student...what, becuase I'm young and have a hello kitty button my apron, i'm a blithering idiot?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

J Anderson
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:22 am

Post by J Anderson » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:12 pm

I get annoyed watching the news. Because half of it isn't news. It's no wonder the enws on Iraq barely leaks out. Just Friday, I had to witness a news report on how Pink and Christina Aguilera are arguing.

That's not news. I don't think it's even anyone's business, not even to their fans. It's unimportant. The media is merely fishing for material at that point, I think they could come up with better.

User avatar
Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: Indiana

Post by Anthy » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:52 pm

Tiff wrote:
Anthy wrote: -Stupid people who are disrespectful to me because I'm a teenager. Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean you can cut in front of me in line and tell me I'm stupid, crazy, sleazy, short in attention span, ignorant, or a shitty driver. Thanks.
It's so true. At work, I'm one of the youngest people there, but I've worked there ...{snip}
¬_¬; this lady at the movie theater made me sooo mad...

Lady: ::cuts in front of Anthy in the line::
Anthy: Um, miss, the line ends back there. ::points and smiles politely::
Lady: ::glares:: You teenagers think you know everything, don't you? You don't know how ungrateful you are to be provided with a safe roof over your head and food to eat on the table and disrespect your elders!
Anthy: ::baffled:: Err? I'm... sorry, I don't follow you.
Lady: You can't even park the fancy car I bet your dad bought for you. ::points at flashy red car that takes up two spaces::
Anthy: Ma'am... that's not my car. My dad dropped me off. I don't have a car.
Lady: SEE!? ::nods::
Anthy: ::sighs and gives up::
Princess AIcon by livejournal user equivalency

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:08 pm

Anthy wrote:¬_¬; this lady at the movie theater made me sooo mad...*cut*
WTF? Wow, what a dipshit. I just love how they ASSUME that becuase we're young, we're spoiled, stupid, selfish, and ungrateful. Morons.
Just Friday, I had to witness a news report on how Pink and Christina Aguilera are arguing.
That's not news. I don't think it's even anyone's business, not even to their fans. It's unimportant. The media is merely fishing for material at that point, I think they could come up with better
I know. If I have to hear one more "news" story about J.Lo and Ben, I'm going to explode. Come on...there are more important things happening in the world.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Sailor Sapphire
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:04 pm
Location: The Realm of Crystal Tokyo

Post by Sailor Sapphire » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:24 pm

Yeah, add the entertainment report to my pet peeves too.

Others:
Agree with those who have 'people who think teenagers are stupid' as a pet peeve
Getting called to do a chore when the best part in your fav. movie's about to come on
Bringing a presence that's cold as ice, I am the icy cool Gem Senshi, Sailor Sapphire!

Sapphire Gem Power, make up!

J Anderson
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:22 am

Post by J Anderson » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:29 pm

If Christina Aguilera feels inadequate enough about her career to start rivalries with other people, fine, but this petty rivalry stuff can stay on ET, not news programs.

I also dislike calling customer service lines for any large corporation. Lately, any company, it seems I always get someone who doesn't speak english as a first language. It wouldn't even be an issue if they could understand you. Let alone whoever I get, they rarely ever listen... which is why I explain things 3 or 4 times. And it tirk me when I call with a computer issue and am told to find the answers online. When I tell them the problem is that I can't get online.

User avatar
Sailor Sapphire
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:04 pm
Location: The Realm of Crystal Tokyo

Post by Sailor Sapphire » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:35 pm

Even worse: When you're downloading something and it gets cut off! and you can't get back on to try again!
Bringing a presence that's cold as ice, I am the icy cool Gem Senshi, Sailor Sapphire!

Sapphire Gem Power, make up!

User avatar
LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:17 am
Location: New Jersey

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:12 pm

Some pet peeves from me, a few are minor rants ^^;

Real life-

I don't like it when people assume a shitload of things based on anyone’s appearance going by stereotypes and such. But I can mostly speak from my general experiences and not everyone else’s. Well I feel like I shouldn’t change how I act or look to fit any stereotypes or particular group. But it pisses me off when some people act as if they already know me without getting TO know me. Example- A lot of people get the impression that I think I’m better than everyone else and I think part of it is because I like to dress up sometimes, and I’m shy when I don’t know people. Uh excuse me for liking to dress up sometimes since I like stylish stuff and all. And the shy thing is complicated so I won’t even go into it. Once you get to know me I’m a pretty nice person…..most of the time :P


Professors who act so condescending to students and make you feel stupid. Okay yes it’s nice you have your degree and graduated from Harvard, blah blah but we’re here to learn from YOU. We aren’t supposed to know everything already!!!

Commercials because 90% of them are incredibly stupid

Racists/homophobes/sexist people... do I really need to explain?

When people are louder than necessary. Dude shut up, there's no reason to try to bust my eardrum. mm kay?


When people have practically no sense of humor. That sucks, don't be so serious. Life is too damn short, have some fun!!

On msg boards
-trolls. You know the people who post things just for the sake of trying to annoy others.

-over use of emoticons. 6 emoticons in a two sentence post is too much.

-people who overreact because they find out/know a girl is... a girl and don’t know anything else about her. On other forums there’s almost always two ridiculously extreme reactions from a lot of guys. It’s either "OMG a gurl!11!! a/s/l!?!?! Will you marry me!?!?!" Or “OMG a girl posting on a msg board? Impossible!!! She’s either hideous looking or she’s really a 60 yr old dude!!!” I’m glad SMU has more sensible guys. :) (The guy to girl ratio is probably more balanced here but still.)

-People who can’t accept other’s well expressed opinions on stuff like anime, games, movies, music, etc. If you like this game or whatever and that other person doesn’t, big deal. Get over it and move on with your life. They’re just opinions. Then again it does get annoying when people need to constantly say what they like and don’t like especially when it has nothing to do with the subject at hand
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

User avatar
Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by Starscream » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:28 pm

J Anderson, Tiff, Sapphire: Total agreement on the entertainment garbage. If I want my daily dose of Bennifer, I'll watch Extra/Entertainment Tonight/Access Hollywood, or read People/US/etc....enough is enough ><

Anyhow, my peeves:

- the MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transport Authority). Explain to me why I have to wait 15 minutes for trains during the morning and afternoon rush hour, while we get 5 trains in 2 minutes going in the other, USELESS direction. Of course, that 15 minutes becomes 30 when the train that DOES come is SO filled to the brim that the train just whizzes by. Bastards.

- people aren't curteous. I can deal with people not saying "thank you" when you open the door. But when my fianceé is OBVIOUSLY sick, and you are a healthy, teenage-to-twenty-something kid, you get up and give up your seat to her! Same for the elderly and the disabled; don't just stare at them like a moron. You're young; you can bear to stand for, what, 3 stops? Jerks.

- people are rude. Don't sign up to be a PR person if you're going to be mean in your e-mail replies >< It's not my fault you had a shitty day *apologizes for cursing*

- people are ignorant. I saw a terrible religious slur scrawled on a transformer yesterday...and people wonder why we have the situation we do today ><

- babies cry in Church. That's what the crying room is for, people...*sighs*

I have more, but those are all the ones that happened to me this weekend ><
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:17 am

LadyFlameSniper wrote: -people who overreact because they find out/know a girl is... a girl and don’t know anything else about her. On other forums there’s almost always two ridiculously extreme reactions from a lot of guys. It’s either "OMG a gurl!11!! a/s/l!?!?! Will you marry me!?!?!" Or “OMG a girl posting on a msg board? Impossible!!! She’s either hideous looking or she’s really a 60 yr old dude!!!” I’m glad SMU has more sensible guys. :) (The guy to girl ratio is probably more balanced here but still.)
Considering the fact that one of the owners of SMU is a girl ^_~ I would HOPE it would be balanced and reasonable.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Locked