WTF?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Jamesares wrote:
AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:This has to be the strangest anti-Teen Pregnancy PSA ever

New Teen Mommy Darci comes with no job, barely-adequate education, a disturbingly conservative background, shit prospects and the horrifying realisation that she's not Juno. Teen Daddy Darren not available.
Oh wow that is creepy. :shock: I think they should have added to use an effing condom.
sadly that would be unlikely because this probably a product of Abstinence only sex education
Yea it does seem like it. And Juno gave up her baby for adoption, couldn't Teen Mommy Darcy do the same?
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:58 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
Yea it does seem like it. And Juno gave up her baby for adoption, couldn't Teen Mommy Darcy do the same?
...yes, becuase that's the sunshine-y perfect solution to every teen mother getting pregnant.

=D All teens should get knocked up since the option of adoption is out there, after all.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:12 pm

Speaking of procreating....I'm sure many you have heard of the woman who had octuplets and also has six other kids.Well here's the grandma's take
:shock: Seriously, I agree with the grandma here, if she loved kids so much why couldn't she just become a teacher or something that involves being around kids instead of popping out 14 through in vitro?
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:45 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:Speaking of procreating....I'm sure many you have heard of the woman who had octuplets and also has six other kids.Well here's the grandma's take
Dear GOD. Why don't infertile people just adopt? It's not like we don't already have a huge stockpile of premade children that could really use a family.

And, not to sound like a bitch (too late), but after cranking out a certain number of kids, you shouldn't get tax credits/welfare anymore. If you like them that much, you pay full price.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:30 pm

NameGoesHere wrote:
AnimatedEvey12 wrote:Speaking of procreating....I'm sure many you have heard of the woman who had octuplets and also has six other kids.Well here's the grandma's take
Dear GOD. Why don't infertile people just adopt? It's not like we don't already have a huge stockpile of premade children that could really use a family.

And, not to sound like a bitch (too late), but after cranking out a certain number of kids, you shouldn't get tax credits/welfare anymore. If you like them that much, you pay full price.
Exactly. One of my cousins is infertile and she's like "I want kids so bad!" And I ask her why she doesn't just adopt a child who needs a home. The common excuse: They won't look like me! A friend of mine knows someone who was adopted, that person told her that being adopted by someone was the best thing that has ever happened to them.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:21 pm

Disney's anti Nazi propaganda from the 40's. (lol duh)

Saw this at an anime con last weekend. It cracked me up, but maybe that was due to the fact that Donald Duck kept saying "Heil Hitler!" And if I had just seen the first half of this I would have been like "WTF!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UduuydP9_MU
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:55 am

Rin wrote:Disney's anti Nazi propaganda from the 40's. (lol duh)

Saw this at an anime con last weekend. It cracked me up, but maybe that was due to the fact that Donald Duck kept saying "Heil Hitler!" And if I had just seen the first half of this I would have been like "WTF!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UduuydP9_MU

1943 to be exact. 8) (Directed by Jack Kinney)

To quote Futrama, "You watched it, you can't unwatched it!"

BTW, they did more anti Nazi propaganda. But, did you know they did a PRO propaganda film called "Education To Death"?

I'll let you find out about its' horrors. :twisted:

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:46 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:Exactly. One of my cousins is infertile and she's like "I want kids so bad!" And I ask her why she doesn't just adopt a child who needs a home. The common excuse: They won't look like me! A friend of mine knows someone who was adopted, that person told her that being adopted by someone was the best thing that has ever happened to them.
See, to me, that is just horribly narcissistic. I've heard that excuse from other people as well, and it just disgusts me.

To imply that a child is somehow inferior because they don't look like you completely undermines the concept of unconditional love that parents are supposed to have for their children. What if your biological kid doesn't look a thing like you? It happens. A lot.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:53 pm

The excuse I've always heard is "But they're not really my kid. I want my own child." or some variation. If the kid doesn't have your DNA, apparently that means they're not really yours.

These mothers usually end up being the last people who should raise kids.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:17 am

NameGoesHere wrote:
Joe and I COMPLETELY agree with you.

I feel sorry for these kids. There's no way in hell this woman can possibly give them the attention and support they need ON HER OWN. Hell I have a hard enough time with one and one on the way. Fourteen? Ridiculous.

What baffles me is that she was ALLOWED to continue in-vitro fertilization after having 6 already.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Tiff wrote:
NameGoesHere wrote:

I feel sorry for these kids. There's no way in hell this woman can possibly give them the attention and support they need ON HER OWN. Hell I have a hard enough time with one and one on the way. Fourteen? Ridiculous.

What baffles me is that she was ALLOWED to continue in-vitro fertilization after having 6 already.
VAGINA: It's not a clown car.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:19 am

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:
Tiff wrote:
NameGoesHere wrote:

VAGINA: It's not a clown car.
thank you for that line. I almost woke up my entire house because of it :lol:
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:09 pm

*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:37 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:And now...The mother speaks
I just read that, and was baffled that she's unemployed, which leads me to believe she MUST be getting some sort of state/government assistance.

my question is...WHY?

What a flawed system we have.

EDIT:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090205/ap_ ... disability

Okay, well there ya go. That, in addition to state aide = no need to work.

You know, you'd think someone with such a delibitating back injury wouldn't have the ability or energy to look after 14 kids. Just saying.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:42 am

Court finds that private schools are able to expel lesbians.

I don't agree with the decision to expel them myself, but they were acting well within their rights.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Tiff
I just read that, and was baffled that she's unemployed, which leads me to believe she MUST be getting some sort of state/government assistance.

my question is...WHY?

EDIT:

You know, you'd think someone with such a delibitating back injury wouldn't have the ability or energy to look after 14 kids. Just saying.
There is no way in hell this woman is fit to raise kids. You'd think that Children's Services would be able to take them away.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:41 am

peachvampiress wrote:Tiff

my question is...WHY?

EDIT:

You know, you'd think someone with such a delibitating back injury wouldn't have the ability or energy to look after 14 kids. Just
saying.

There is no way in hell this woman is fit to raise kids. You'd think that Children's Services would be able to take them away.
See that's what I would think would happen. It's only a matter of time when child protection services will show up. Apparently, the mother of the kids is planning to write a book.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:23 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
peachvampiress wrote:Tiff

my question is...WHY?

EDIT:

You know, you'd think someone with such a delibitating back injury wouldn't have the ability or energy to look after 14 kids. Just
saying.

See that's what I would think would happen. It's only a matter of time when child protection services will show up. Apparently, the mother of the kids is planning to write a book.
awww but shes planning on loving them unconditionally :roll:.

She is making the same mistake that a lot of people make. She thinks love alone is enough to have kids or to get married and it isnt. It's important to have love but you need more then just that. I dont see her being able to support those kids long term even with government help. And what about her original 6 kids? Did she forget about them?
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:48 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
Please. Fat chance. On what grounds? If she has the money to raise them, it doesn't matter whether she got them from the State or not. If she's not obviously neglecting or abusing them, then Child Services won't give a shit (and even then, it's like pulling teeth to get them to do their job correctly).

Having a lot of kids isn't grounds for CPS to show up.
She is making the same mistake that a lot of people make. She thinks love alone is enough to have kids or to get married and it isnt. It's important to have love but you need more then just that. I dont see her being able to support those kids long term even with government help. And what about her original 6 kids? Did she forget about them?
Like people who stay with deadbeats and assholes because "WE LOVE EACHOOOOTHER" and they think love is all you need to make a marriage work? Ah, idealism.

Why care about the previous kids? Something cuter and shinier came along.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 am

Thank God, they're attacking the crisis now.

Here I thought they were just blindly throwing money at it.
With the private sector so weakened by this recession, the federal government is the only entity left with the resources to jolt our economy back into life.
Only, they don't actually have the resources. They just have nearly 11 trillion in national debt.

I'm fine with a little deficit spending to create infrastructure, manufacturing, and alternative energy jobs, but all of that non-emergency spending that's coming along with it? No.

When you're in debt, you target your highest priorities first, then you go after the rest once things start evening out. You don't just blanket everything at once with a shitstorm of cash. It's like carpet bombing a city to assassinate one guy.