WTF?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Oh, yuck. That's a hell of a thing to come across while working.

Generally speaking, I'm meh to mildly squicked with maggots. I don't mind the ones used in medicine to clean wounds, but sometimes the ones out in the wild kinda bother me. Though that could be due to the smell of whatever it is they're eating.
What is life? What if all it is is God playing a game of The Sims? Or even his own version of Final Fantasy? ~Me

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:30 pm

I would have puked.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:08 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Well, work was fun last night. I work as an overnight stocker at Wal-Mart in the infants department. All of our glass jars of baby food come in cases with 12 jars in each case. It's not uncommon to have broken jars, in which case I usually throw out the entire case for saftey and sanitary reasons (because glass sticks to the lids or the labels are ruined). These breaks can range from one jar with a tiny crack in it to half the case smashed and the box is about to fall apart because it's so wet. Sometimes the jars have been broken for so long mold starts growing (in this case the entire case has to be thrown out no matter what). I've seen some pretty advanced mold civilizations, but what I found last night was just....fuck....

I picked up a box and the corner fell off in my hand and out fell a broken jar and some REALLY old food. It looked like a clump of dirt and was full of maggots. It was so old it disintigrated the box and was full of fucking maggots. I told the managers, got maintenance to get rid of it, and then went and cryed in the corner rocking back and forth for a while.

I don't like maggots.
That's disgusting!!! I hate insects too.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:00 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Well, work was fun last night. I work as an overnight stocker at Wal-Mart in the infants department. All of our glass jars of baby food come in cases with 12 jars in each case. It's not uncommon to have broken jars, in which case I usually throw out the entire case for saftey and sanitary reasons (because glass sticks to the lids or the labels are ruined). These breaks can range from one jar with a tiny crack in it to half the case smashed and the box is about to fall apart because it's so wet. Sometimes the jars have been broken for so long mold starts growing (in this case the entire case has to be thrown out no matter what). I've seen some pretty advanced mold civilizations, but what I found last night was just....fuck....

I picked up a box and the corner fell off in my hand and out fell a broken jar and some REALLY old food. It looked like a clump of dirt and was full of maggots. It was so old it disintigrated the box and was full of fucking maggots. I told the managers, got maintenance to get rid of it, and then went and cryed in the corner rocking back and forth for a while.

I don't like maggots.
I work on the ICS Team at my store. A couple of weeks ago, I took down a pallet of Farm Feed off the top of the steel, and one of the bags had been torn open. And unfortunately, the pallet had been up there since last June. The entire pallet was crawling with weevils. That was 42 bags we had to claim out and throw away.

And I see my fair share of broken baby food, too. I mostly see it coming directly off the delivery truck, though, so we take care of it right then and there. But we do still find boxes of stuff that came in months before and never saw the salesfloor, and sometimes it will be that bad. That kind of thing falls back on the department manager for not continuously rotating their stock the way they should be, or at least making sure it gets done.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:26 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Well, work was fun last night. [...]
Reminds me of the time I found long-expired, moldy, maggot infested cans of tuna sitting in a puddle of dried ketchup.

That was just all sorts of fucked up.

Food warehouses suck.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:45 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_hitler_cake

I wouldn't have filled the order either, but I would happily put just the first name or even a middle initial. But honestly, why would you name your child that anyway? What's he going to feel when he learns what it means? What will his future employers think? I don't care if no one else will have that name, if it's that important to you name your child Sallsidifej or some other random keyboard mash.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:34 am

Aishiteru wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_hitler_cake

I wouldn't have filled the order either, but I would happily put just the first name or even a middle initial. But honestly, why would you name your child that anyway? What's he going to feel when he learns what it means? What will his future employers think? I don't care if no one else will have that name, if it's that important to you name your child Sallsidifej or some other random keyboard mash.
Wow. My friend told me that her best friend who lives in a small town in Illinois that her friend was in home ec. class and some kid iced a swastika on their cake.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:40 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote: Wow. My friend told me that her best friend who lives in a small town in Illinois that her friend was in home ec. class and some kid iced a swastika on their cake.
"It occurs mainly in the cultures that are in modern day India and the surrounding area, sometimes as a geometrical motif and sometimes as a religious symbol. It was long widely used in major world religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

Though once commonly used all over much of the world without stigma, because of its iconic usage in Nazi Germany the symbol has become controversial in the Western world."

Swastikas don't always = bad and nazis

The kid could have very well been hindu or buddhist, or hell, even just liked the symbol for what it originally stood for...its meaning actually has to do with good luck and well-being.

As for the kid named Adolf Hitler (did you check out his siblings names?)...this is why I think parents shouldn't be able to name their kids any thing they want. I think there should be SOME regulation, like a lot of the European countries have. Being able to name your kid Douchebag or Sparkles or Mittens is just ridiculous.l

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:52 am

If the swastika is counter clockwise, it's the Hindu/Buddist symbol. If it's clockwise, then you've got a nazi. However, I've seen many idiot racists (lawl redundancy!!) who've had it counter clockwise because...well, they're idiots.

Case in point, the parents in this article. Someone on another site posted a photo of the dad infront of his car with his totally [email protected]@zz Arianian paint job, complete with douchbagish backwards swastika.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:03 pm

peachvampiress wrote:If the swastika is counter clockwise, it's the Hindu/Buddist symbol. If it's clockwise, then you've got a nazi. However, I've seen many idiot racists (lawl redundancy!!) who've had it counter clockwise because...well, they're idiots.

Case in point, the parents in this article. Someone on another site posted a photo of the dad infront of his car with his totally [email protected]@zz Arianian paint job, complete with douchbagish backwards swastika.
Now I did not know that. I think I also heard that the swastika, before Hitler and Nazis, used to be a good luck symbol.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:52 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
Now I did not know that. I think I also heard that the swastika, before Hitler and Nazis, used to be a good luck symbol.
...Read my posts about two posts up. -_-;

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:50 pm

I agree with Tiffu about parents not being able to name their children things like Douchebag...but what if a man or woman wants to change their name to something like that? Should they be allowed to? I don't know why they would want that name, but I do understand non-offensive, but odd names. I have a friend who's name is Mysticol Starr (her name is spelled that way, not like the words), and she is extremely proud of it. I think regulations on what parents name thier children should only include curse words, slurs, or other offensive things. I think Mittens, for example, should be allowed and if the child wants to change it later they may. I also think that adults should be allowed to change their names to anything they want unless they are a teacher, in which case their last name must be non-offensive (I don't want some 2nd graders being forced to call their teacher Mr. Shitsack for example). I hope that all makes sense...I'm kinda tired.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:42 am

I hate to tell this story on the day after christmas but it has to be told. and its a bit rough so beware

Yesterday (Christmas day) A bunch of cop cars came barreling down the street and hauled away some guy. It was a man who lived in the same house as this cute little 10 year old girl I often see playing outside. I mean she is one of the sweetest little angels Ive ever seen, the kind that can melt your heart with a smile, wellI hadn't seen her in about a week which is unusual because shes always out playing even in cold weather, but I just found out not only why I havent seen her but also why the man (her father) got hauled away on christmas day.

Apparently last week one of this guys friends had a birthday, and as a present to him he let this guy have his way with his daughter. I dont think I need to spell it out anymore then that do I? Well anyway the mother found out what happened yesterday and called the police. Both men have been arrested now and personally I hope they both "have a lot of fun" in prison.

I mean how can this kind of thing happen. The man was her fucking father, and biological father too. He's supposed to protect her, but not only did he allow this to happen he arranged it. what the hell?
That poor girl. I just hope she is able to smile again someday :(
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:37 am

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:
Well anyway the mother found out what happened yesterday and called the police. Both men have been arrested now and personally I hope they both "have a lot of fun" in prison.
That's the best part of this story. Too often you see mothers take the sides of their husbands/boyfriends when it comes to the sexual abuse of their own children. They oftentimes accuse the child of lying, and dismiss it completely. I'm glad this mother knew the truth and did exactly what she should have. I'm sure she'll help that little girl through her healing.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:02 pm

I think they were having marriage issues anyway, so thats probably why the mother was more willing to believe her.

But damn. I dont even have kids myself but everytime I saw this girl alone outside I would kinda watch over her while I was out there, in case there was trouble. I just dont understand how her own father could do something like this.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:25 am

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:I hate to tell this story on the day after christmas but it has to be told. and its a bit rough so beware

Yesterday (Christmas day) A bunch of cop cars came barreling down the street and hauled away some guy. It was a man who lived in the same house as this cute little 10 year old girl I often see playing outside. I mean she is one of the sweetest little angels Ive ever seen, the kind that can melt your heart with a smile, wellI hadn't seen her in about a week which is unusual because shes always out playing even in cold weather, but I just found out not only why I havent seen her but also why the man (her father) got hauled away on christmas day.

Apparently last week one of this guys friends had a birthday, and as a present to him he let this guy have his way with his daughter. I dont think I need to spell it out anymore then that do I? Well anyway the mother found out what happened yesterday and called the police. Both men have been arrested now and personally I hope they both "have a lot of fun" in prison.

I mean how can this kind of thing happen. The man was her fucking father, and biological father too. He's supposed to protect her, but not only did he allow this to happen he arranged it. what the hell?
That poor girl. I just hope she is able to smile again someday :(
That's terrible! It's sick and wrong, I hope that they get a long sentence in prison.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:59 pm

Anybody hear about what happend in California on Christmas Eve? Here's the link:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/story.html?id=1117139

I think that's so terrible. I don't understand how anyone can do that. He brought so much devastation and pain to that family, it's unbelievable. Those who survived will be traumatized for a while. I really hope the little girl recovers quickly.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:49 pm

*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:20 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:Recliners found in Texas Jail
including cells that locked from the inside or contained recliners
I'm sorry, cells that LOCK from the INSIDE...this severely defeats the purpose of doing time -_-
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:45 am

Behold! Franken Fran

A sample page as to what to expect from the series (worksafe): http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/000005 ... 964/08.jpg

Not for the squeamish or if you recently ate something.

A brief summary as to what to expect: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FrankenFran
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.