WTF?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:22 pm

Meh. We eat cow, pig, chicken, goose, deer, duck, rabbit, and more. Rats aren't THAT different. And as the article says...it's very very unlikely that they just gathered up random vermin from the streets. In other countries, food such as this is usually raised just for food, just like we raise livestock for food.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:59 am

I just find it icky even if they are hand raised, because I thought I read somewhere that disease is attracted to rats like metal to a magnet. Either way, I'd never risk taking a bite out of anything like that; pufferfish are sometime ill prepared and kill people, so I'm not going to even think about rats.

I found this in the news, but I was a little hesitant to post it... All I'll say is that while there's a lot of great teachers out there, I wonder how on earth some of them get hired. Before anyone bites me in the ass, I'm talking about a very SMALL amount that shouldn't be teaching children; like this guy: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061013/D8KO0RVO2.html
Shouldn't common sense tell you that you shouldn't allow kids to do this?
STAGE OUT!!!

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:21 pm

ew.
who would be so desperate to use a TRASH CAN?! it wasn't even a long lockdown! bah. idiots.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:16 pm

That's... gross. I don't even want to think about it.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:21 pm

Mad Hatteress Belial wrote: pufferfish are sometime ill prepared and kill people, so I'm not going to even think about rats.
They die becuase they underestimate the amount of poison they end up consuming. Poison is always consumed while eating Fugu, but only a small bit. Specially trained chefs are the only ones allowed to prepare and sell them to the public. In fact, the people who die often die becuase they ate fugu that was prepared by amateur chefs who didn't go through the proper checking/testing process of the fish.

Derek wants to try Fugu someday. *shrugs* If we go to Japan, more power to him.

Rats are a completely different story. Fugu actually HAVE toxins and poisons int heir organs and skin. Rats don't, especially if they aren't random filthy, wandering vermin that feed on garbage and carry diseases. We're talking rats BRED for food, just like cows or pigs.
Last edited by Tiff on Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:25 pm

I want this T.V., and the ExoBed, and the Dining Table, and the crib, and definately the levitating bed.

But in all seriousness, who'd honestly pay over $2000 for something you can only use a few times? You'd think that eventually word would get around that "Oh Jim has a skeleton in his table and The Ring chick in his T.V., so becareful if you ever have dinner at his house."
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:28 pm

peachvampiress wrote:I want this T.V., and the ExoBed, and the Dining Table, and the crib, and definately the levitating bed.

But in all seriousness, who'd honestly pay over $2000 for something you can only use a few times? You'd think that eventually word would get around that "Oh Jim has a skeleton in his table and The Ring chick in his T.V., so becareful if you ever have dinner at his house."
'

Um, Haunted Houses. Think about it. People who run haunted houses probably buy this kind of stuff. I think they're awesome, and it'd certainly scare me if I were in a haunted house and Ring chick popped out of a damn TV.

EDIT: in fact, it even says in the title bar: Haunted Attractions
Furniture and Props, Peach. ^^;

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:33 pm

._.

oh yeah. Still, it'd be a expensive riot to use that stuff on your friends and family.

And I still want that levitating bed >_>

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:14 pm

peachvampiress wrote:._.

oh yeah. Still, it'd be a expensive riot to use that stuff on your friends and family.

And I still want that levitating bed >_>
XD indeed.

The levitating bed is awesome. I want to levitate ;_;

The Ring tv woudl scare the FUCK out of me if I saw it. X___x;

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:18 am

Attleboro (MA) elementary school bans tag.

The article says the school has "banned playground tag, touch football and any other unsupervised chasing games", but if the games are unsupervised, how does the administration know they're being played? Surely, to enforce this rule, they'd need someone watching over the kids at recess, which would make them supervisors, and thus let them be in a position to supervise children while playing tag...
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:17 pm

Starscream wrote:Attleboro (MA) elementary school bans tag.

The article says the school has "banned playground tag, touch football and any other unsupervised chasing games", but if the games are unsupervised, how does the administration know they're being played? Surely, to enforce this rule, they'd need someone watching over the kids at recess, which would make them supervisors, and thus let them be in a position to supervise children while playing tag...
-_-

You've already heard my rant, but SMU hasn't. XD

it's bull shit, plain and simple. First off, ALL recesses are supervised, end of story. And if this school has too many kids to where playtime CAN'T be properly supervised, then that's a school issue, not an issue caused by tag, dodgeball, chase, running, or touch football.

Kids have ACCIDENTS. They fall. They trip. It's a fact of life. America is raising wimps here, plain and simple. Kids don't need to be put into plastic bubbles and stand there watchign eachother blink during recess. They need to RUN, and jump, and play. They need to be able to organize their own games like tag and such.

Soon, they'll be banning running on the fucking playground. And shoes. Becuase god forbid children trip on their shoelaces. Let's all wear velcro instead.

Idiots.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:34 pm

Did anyone else picture that scene from Simpsons where they had to wear uniforms and were playing tag by walking?

It's kind of ironic that with the whole obesity problem in America people state how children need to be more active, then try to do everything to prevent children from exercising.

"Children today are facing major health concerns, so it is imperative that parents and teachers encourage a more active lifestyle....so long as it doesn't envolve running, chasing, jumping, or throwing.

And no sports, because competition fucks up a child's self esteem."

~Suicide Kings

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:44 pm

Yeah, blinking during recess helps with a longer lifespan. :roll:

Come on...jumping off a swing would be more dangerous than running around....oh shit...I hope I didn't give anyone any ideas. What else are they going to do during recess? There's only so many times you can play tetherball or in the sandbox; my friends and I spent most of our time playing pretend and all that.
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:12 pm

SeiUsa wrote:Yeah, blinking during recess helps with a longer lifespan. :roll:

Come on...jumping off a swing would be more dangerous than running around....oh shit...I hope I didn't give anyone any ideas. What else are they going to do during recess? There's only so many times you can play tetherball or in the sandbox; my friends and I spent most of our time playing pretend and all that.
Actually, swings are being banned all over the nation too. They're "too dangerous" -_- Luckily, we have swings and the kids love them.

Sandboxes are a no no becuase they're pretty gross, honestly. Cats and other animals tend to find them and use them for a giant toilet.

Tetherball...I haven't seen that in years.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:33 pm

Tiff wrote:Actually, swings are being banned all over the nation too. They're "too dangerous" -_- Luckily, we have swings and the kids love them.
I'm willing to wager they're not the swings I knew in my youth. The one I had was a horizontal plastic plate instead of a flexible sheet. It wasn't too comfortable, but it was excellent for standing and jumping off of.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:34 pm

Tiff wrote:
SeiUsa wrote:Tetherball...I haven't seen that in years.
Too dangerous?
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:08 pm

At least teetherball being dangerous kinda has an excuse. You can definatly get hurt playing that game....

But damn... stupid fucking people. I remember when running was banned at my Elementary School. Luckily it only lasted for 2 weeks (if that...)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:08 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote: I'm willing to wager they're not the swings I knew in my youth. The one I had was a horizontal plastic plate instead of a flexible sheet. It wasn't too comfortable, but it was excellent for standing and jumping off of.
We never had swings that had the horizontal plastic piece. I've only seen swings (both now and growing up) that are the flexible rubbery thing.

Too dangerous?
Hell, probably.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:10 pm

[quote="Tiff
Soon, they'll be banning running on the fucking playground.
[/quote]

at my elementary school, by the time i was in fith grade, they would yell at us if we ran on the playground... we could only run if we were playing a supervised game on the field. it was total crap, so we would run away when they started to yell XD

i think banning that stuff is IDIOTIC. i don't think i need to elaborate.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:19 pm

the*blue*girl wrote: at my elementary school, by the time i was in fith grade, they would yell at us if we ran on the playground... we could only run if we were playing a supervised game on the field. it was total crap, so we would run away when they started to yell XD

i think banning that stuff is IDIOTIC. i don't think i need to elaborate.
Fuck that. My three year olds NEED to burn that energy. I always let them run around. They're expected to walk and be quiet in the building, so let em run outside.

*Shakes head* it's getting ridiculous.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama