Flight Of The Ladybugs.

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Flight Of The Ladybugs.

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:31 pm

Has anyone else been having any problems with ladybugs lately or is it just Tennessee? Two of my online friends who also live in my state are being invaded by them and so are my grandparents, who also live around here, and we're having lots of problems with them, too. A while back I had about 20 freaking ladybugs in my window. They keep crawling all over the ceilings and dropping out of nowhere. One time a ladybug fell on top of my keyboard and while I killed it, it fell between the keys, so now it's really gross typing. >< And just yesterday a ladybug landed on top of my CD player while I was listening to it! And I find them crawling in the sinks sometimes too, and they just won't stay away. My sister keeps telling us not to kill them because they bring good luck, but I told her that if you have too many ladybugs, the good luck will cancel itself out, so you'll just wind up with bad luck. >< So, is anyone else having any problems with ladybugs and when are these things going to bug off?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:06 pm

*Nods* I noticed they were flying around outside yesterday after school (I live in Texas). But my mom lives in TN, and she says that's happened every spring she's lived there so far (she's been there almost three years)...so i figured you'd be used to it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:35 pm

We currently don't have the ladybug problem right now because it's still winter, but we had a huge ladybug problem last summer. It was really gross because they kept covering my window. It got so bad that we had to get the house fumigated. Hopefully, the problem won't come back again this year.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:56 pm

Tiff wrote:*Nods* I noticed they were flying around outside yesterday after school (I live in Texas). But my mom lives in TN, and she says that's happened every spring she's lived there so far (she's been there almost three years)...so i figured you'd be used to it.
We have had ladybugs before, but we usually only got a few ladybugs at a time, and usually they don't stick around for long, but it seems like there's more than usual this year.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

SailorSpace
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorSpace » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:58 am

We don't have a lady bug problem. It's been too cold and wet for ANYTHING to be out flying. Not even birds. ;_;

I wish mother nature would get her weather things straight..........
"Miko Miko Nurse"
Madamada iku yo!!
Miko miko nurse! Miko miko nurse!
namamugi namagome miko miko nurse!!
Kaerue pyoko pyoko miko miko nurse!!
Miko miko nurse! Miko moko nurse!
Sexual violet miko miko nurse!!
Soul train miko miko nurse!!
Anesan rokkaku miko miko nurse!!
Riichi ippatsu miko miko nurse!
Saigo ni mou icchou! HAI!!
Miko miko nurse!!

Oh my god.

That's so incredibly fucked up and so incredibly cute all at the same time.-Tiff-Chan

Seeking a band.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:00 am

There's a ladybug in my room somewhere... I think it's still here... I don't have a clue where the hell it came from...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:51 pm

I'm betting the swarm will happen in May/April here.

in Kansas, that NEVER happened. it was only nice for 2 months and then <85 degrees daily. and the months were usually Feburary and March.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:26 am

I had LOTS of ladybugs flying and crawling around my apartment and my place of work this and last year. I didn't kill them, but put them outside whenever I encountered them. :oops:
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

SailorSpace
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorSpace » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:49 am

yoshmaster5 wrote:I'm betting the swarm will happen in May/April here.

in Kansas, that NEVER happened. it was only nice for 2 months and then <85 degrees daily. and the months were usually Feburary and March.
It's March right now, and we're STILL getting 30 degree temperatures and snow. o.O;
"Miko Miko Nurse"
Madamada iku yo!!
namamugi namagome miko miko nurse!!
Kaerue pyoko pyoko miko miko nurse!!
Miko miko nurse! Miko moko nurse!
Sexual violet miko miko nurse!!
Soul train miko miko nurse!!
Anesan rokkaku miko miko nurse!!
Riichi ippatsu miko miko nurse!
Saigo ni mou icchou! HAI!!
Miko miko nurse!!

Oh my god.

That's so incredibly fucked up and so incredibly cute all at the same time.-Tiff-Chan

Seeking a band.

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:39 am

My roommate and I have had a ladybug problem all winter. They come into our room through a crack in the wall somewhere so they can stay warm, but end up dying on the windowsil. It's so gross, it's like a ladybug graveyard.
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)