BUZZ Bunny?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

BUZZ Bunny?

Post by DistantMemory » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:59 am

I just got the news from my dad yesterday. The WB is making a spin-off the Looney Tunes characters for a show called Loonatics. You can read it here. (By the way, they're not the actual characters, as some people want you to believe. They are their DESCENDANTS.)

I have mixed feelings abou this. The style is cool, but this is just unlike them. O.o;
"I want to go back to believing in everything and knowing nothing at all..."
~Evanescence, "Field of Innocence"

"I love you."
"WHAT!?! What did you say!?"
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"
"*in a whisper* Olive juice you too!"
~Stewie and Brian, Family Guy, "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou"

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:45 am

The artwork looks cool, but I think it be better with completly original characters, not recycled Looney Toons.

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:09 pm

That's very.... strange? I wonder how this will do.
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:38 pm

I was going to post about this, but you beat me to it! I saw this on the news, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. They said that anime inspired them to redesign the characters, but... I just don't like the new concept. They should have stuck with the original idea, but that's just my opinion. They said that their sales weren't doing too well, so they wanted to start with something new and fresh.

Jed-kun
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jed-kun » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:13 pm

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the "re-vamp" type stuff in general. It's the same reason I don't like Baby LoonyToons or Tom & Jerry Kids. If you want to make something new than have the balls to take a chance and acctually MAKE SOMETHING NEW rather than injecting old characters with staroids and calling them "decendants." However, I have been known to like simular stuff (I loved Tiny Toon Adventures) and so I will wait for the actual show to make my final (personal) judgment. Who knows, maybe it will be good after all (already not a fan of the art though).
Nothing sucks like a Jed-kun - The "sloganize" web site.

(After Scott shoots Logan through a window)
Beast: What's this all about?
Emma: What do you think? Superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy... and I still rate below a corpse. ::storms off in a huff::
- from Astonishing X-men #1

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:52 am

I've been reading up on this and I have come to this conclusion: "Loonatics" looks cool, but the concept might suck. I'm more of a "Give it a chance before you condemn it to the gallows" type of viewer. :wink: In other words, let's keep an open mind about this.
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:40 pm

Parallax wrote:I've been reading up on this and I have come to this conclusion: "Loonatics" looks cool, but the concept might suck. I'm more of a "Give it a chance before you condemn it to the gallows" type of viewer. :wink: In other words, let's keep an open mind about this.
That's kinda what I was thinking. As long as it's clever and funny in some way and has a good plot, that's all that matters... right? Right! ^^;

"I love you."
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:37 am

This seems like one of those things that will either fly high, or fall to a fiery doom in a hurry. I'm leaning toward the latter. Regardless of the whole "descendants" thing, all I see is a poor attempt to modernize classic characters. If they want something new, they should make something new.

People can't seem to leave well enough alone. The more you touch up the painting, the muddier the colors get.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri May 06, 2005 7:25 am

I've just looked at the Wikipedia article for the show. From the looks of things, it's going to be worse than the OP might suggest--Buzz Bunny's name has been changed (due to legal and moral issues) to ACE Bunny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loonatics
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Fri May 06, 2005 5:05 pm

The first thing that comes to my mind about Loonatics was this old saying:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

Pipestrell
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Pipestrell » Mon May 09, 2005 7:36 am

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:I've just looked at the Wikipedia article for the show. From the looks of things, it's going to be worse than the OP might suggest--Buzz Bunny's name has been changed (due to legal and moral issues) to ACE Bunny.

I'm more concerned by the name 'Spaz' for the Taz character. Have they any idea how offensive that is?
Rosencrantz: Do you think death could be a boat?
Guildenstern: No; Death is not, it isn’t. Death is the ultimate negative; not being. You can’t not be on a boat.
Rosencrantz: I’ve frequently not been on boats.
Guildenstern: No; what you’ve been, is not on boats.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Tue May 10, 2005 8:32 am

Pipestrell wrote:
Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:I've just looked at the Wikipedia article for the show. From the looks of things, it's going to be worse than the OP might suggest--Buzz Bunny's name has been changed (due to legal and moral issues) to ACE Bunny.

I'm more concerned by the name 'Spaz' for the Taz character. Have they any idea how offensive that is?
You know, I've always wanted to threaten someone with a lawsuit. :mrgreen:
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Tue May 10, 2005 12:57 pm

My sister told me that they canned this series. That there was too much protest to go through with it. I'm not too entirely sure how accurate this information is. It was just mentioned in brief conversation while I was eating.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Tue May 10, 2005 1:39 pm

Tempest wrote:My sister told me that they canned this series. That there was too much protest to go through with it. I'm not too entirely sure how accurate this information is. It was just mentioned in brief conversation while I was eating.
That's definately the best thing I've heard about the series so far. I still don't want to see this show make the airwaves.

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Tue May 10, 2005 3:17 pm

Tempest wrote:My sister told me that they canned this series. That there was too much protest to go through with it. I'm not too entirely sure how accurate this information is. It was just mentioned in brief conversation while I was eating.
<off-topic>Your avatar looks a lot like Kenny from South Park. Where did you get that from? :)</off-topic>

"I love you."
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Tue May 10, 2005 4:32 pm

*off Topic* That's because it IS Kenny. Read the "Your Avatar" post in the Members forum, and you'll see.

I'm also kinda glad they decided not to run with the idea. Though the looney tunes characters are getting a bit long in the tooth, I certainly don't want an "extreme!!" version to take their place. It happened with that new Batman series "The Batman"... granted, The Joker's freakin' terrifying, the rest is just...blah. I do like the name Ace Bunny over Buzz, tho. And the name Lexi's cool too.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Tue May 10, 2005 6:35 pm

crazydiamond wrote:*off Topic* That's because it IS Kenny. Read the "Your Avatar" post in the Members forum, and you'll see.
I'm even sorry I asked that then. I didn't know...

"I love you."
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Tue May 10, 2005 10:09 pm

I'm sorry if I sounded snarky/mean. I didn't mean to. But we should probably let it go, or someone *will* get snarky with both of us ;)
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue May 10, 2005 10:17 pm

crazydiamond wrote:I'm sorry if I sounded snarky/mean. I didn't mean to. But we should probably let it go, or someone *will* get snarky with both of us ;)
*cough* that comment was a little unnecessary *cough*

TBA

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Tue May 10, 2005 11:59 pm

Back on topic, I'd like to say that Loonatics hasn't been canned. I didn't believe it when I read it here so I made sure to dig up evidence otherwise. Here is the most recent article I could dig up, which states that they're reworking the characters. While I will still remain neutral on the show itself until it airs, this article definetly raises an eyebrow. First off, an Internet petition.... started by an 11-year old? That raises a bunch of questions to me at least. It has really boggled my mind, I've tried to think of something to type about that and it's too much a strain on my brain. So moving onto the next thing that doesn't sit right, putting how online petitions usually are worthless aside for the moment, the signature count according to CNN was at 800,000. Not even a million. I find it odd how a really big company such as Warner Bros. would consider changing their current plans with only a small fraction of viewers voicing their disdain. A few million and we'll talk, not even one million should barely merit a mention among the higher-ups. I dunno, the whole article just seems messed up to me, but the fact remains, it's not cancelled.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(