Desperate Housewives

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Desperate Housewives

Post by usachan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:01 pm

Has anyone here watched this show? Personally I love it! The writing is so clever in my opinion. But I must confess, what drew me in was Jesse Metcalfe! I love him!

LilEva
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by LilEva » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:17 pm

Awesome show. My favorite character is Bree (Marcia Cross).

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:39 pm

I saw about two episodes while visiting Mom in TN, and I must say, I was rather drawn in. It was interesting, and quite entertaining. Sadly, I haven't had the time nor have I remembered to watch anymore episodes.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:18 pm

I've been watching it, and I think its a great series.
I think that Bree is my favorite character too!

Jed-kun
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jed-kun » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:33 pm

I havn't seen it yet, but we get it on February 17 *giddy*. However, from the commercials this looks like a really funny show.

[spoiler]My favorite clip is the one where Terri Whatshername throughs the cloth behind her while eating a piece of chocolate and accidentally sets the house on fire.[/spoiler]
Nothing sucks like a Jed-kun - The "sloganize" web site.

(After Scott shoots Logan through a window)
Beast: What's this all about?
Emma: What do you think? Superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy... and I still rate below a corpse. ::storms off in a huff::
- from Astonishing X-men #1

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:37 pm

My mum and I find this show amusing. Nice thing about ti is it's so differtnet to what we're getting over here at the momnet
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

NekoSun518
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by NekoSun518 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:14 pm

I absolutely love this show. It makes me laugh sooo much. I love the characters and the all the actors/resses in it. Another big plus for me is that I can watch it with my mom. :D
My Myspace

A convo between me and my best friend Shannen

Me: Did something just explode?
Shan: *looks at me*
Me: What was that noise?
Shan: Jackie, its been thundering out for the past half hour.
Me: It has?
Shan: Yes, Jackie. Your brain exploded.

"But I am le tired"
"Well have a nap then FIRE Z MISSILES!"

Jed-kun
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jed-kun » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:49 pm

OMG! I watched the first episode tonight and I love it. All the characters are so interesting and different. I'm also really anxious(sp?) to see what the big secret is.
Nothing sucks like a Jed-kun - The "sloganize" web site.

(After Scott shoots Logan through a window)
Beast: What's this all about?
Emma: What do you think? Superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy... and I still rate below a corpse. ::storms off in a huff::
- from Astonishing X-men #1

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:13 am

I love this show! But for some reason I keep missing it. Did they change the time slot or something??
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:24 am

KoiNoVash wrote:I love this show! But for some reason I keep missing it. Did they change the time slot or something??
I think they changed aired it earlier/later a few times to accomodate sports and specials, but its usual time slot is Sunday at 9.

edit~ spelling error :oops:

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:12 am

*old topic of not-so-oldness, I resurrect thee!*

I've seen the first six episodes of this show, and it's right now one of only two shows I download (the other is Doctor Who). Hopefully, I'll soon catch up with our local screening of the show.

I personally am amazed at what Jesse Metcalfe can do when not hampered by the demanding schedule for a daytime soapie. No longer do I associate him with repeated lines about how Miguel saw part of Charity's battle with Zombie and got really confused. Then again, I haven't actually seen Passions since Timmy well and truly died (we're a little behind with the show).

I also like the fact that if you miss an episode, you're completely buggered. It's a nice change from having episodes where you can quickly catch up on all the 411.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:59 pm

I'm finding this show so well wrtten now that I've seen more of it. The character's are starting to seem more like the type of people you could find living near you ( maybe not as extreme as them mind you ^^)

I'm well and truly hooked on this show and can't wait toi see what teh hige secret is about ^^
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

Lingy
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Lingy » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:14 am

Ack >< I've heard such good things about it, yet I never seem to be able to watch it.

It is like a crazy cult following at my school... even worse than Sex and the City was... (And THAT is saying something...)

I really will have to sit down and watch it sometime...