Music you hate

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:19 am

Rivalee
Nope, I have never asked. But they sing in swedish. I dunno if this kind of "music" exist somewhere else in this world.
0__o if they sing in Swedish, then why is it called Nazi-music?
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:07 am

peachvampiress wrote:Rivalee
Nope, I have never asked. But they sing in swedish. I dunno if this kind of "music" exist somewhere else in this world.
0__o if they sing in Swedish, then why is it called Nazi-music?
I don´t know for sure why. I asked ma once, and she said that it was probably some Swedish Neo-Nazis that wrote that crap.
My youtube-account / My multiply-account

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.
~Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bad luck! I´m are suffering from Rivalee´s Syndrome.
Cause: thinking too hard
Symptoms: aphasia, vague gills, mildly squeaky voice, eyelid swelling
Cure: cryogenic freezing until science catches up

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:13 pm

I dislike Rap, and Pop. With Rap I can't stand the way it sounds. It doesn't sound like anything to me, and so I just can't identitfy it. That, and I usually don't like listening to a whole bunch of swear words strung together most of the time.
Pop...I'm just tired of listening to a bunch of sugary, perfect-looking people whose main talent is to bounce around in tight clothing. Especially if they themselves can't sing, but fake it anyways.
And...Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show. My mother listens to that all the time. I *can't* stand it at all. The dudes are on drugs. And it shows. Ohmygosh their songs are baaad. XD
Mr. James : Lost a satellite on liftoff today.
Dave : Cost?
Mr. James : 10 million dollars.
Dave : Result?
Mr. James : Extreme set back.
Dave : Milk?
Mr. James : Spilled.
Dave : Gonna cry about it?
Mr. James : Not even.
Dave : I''m sitting on a rather sharp tack.
Mr. James : That's gotta hurt.
Dave : Well, life's a bitch...
Mr. James : ...And then you die.
Dave : My...
Mr. James : ...oh...
Dave : ...my.

Strawbaby
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Strawbaby » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:54 pm

I'm not a particularly big fan of rap either... I find that half the fun is singing and dancing along and it's pretty hard with those kinds of songs. ^^;

lunaP
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by lunaP » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:53 am

I cant stand country, rap/hip hop, or r&b at all.

I have a question for Jonathan: Im not bashing you or being sarcastic or trying to be a bitch(for once ^_^) but i read your post; and im curious....
your reasoning for not liking Regge is because they always use the same beat...yet you listen to rap. whats up? if anything is overrated and annoyingly the same beat....its rap. Rap is the oppitomy(did i spell that right people?) of the same beat, just that droning thumping sound.
your logic doesnt make any sense....nice try, no cigar...would you like to play again?( heehee, ive always wanted to say that)
Mia Wallace: "You heard, Marcellus threw Tony Rocky Horror out of a 4 story window, for giving me a foot massage?"
Vincent Vega: "mmm mm."
Mia: " and you believed that?"
Vincent: "well, at the time I was told it seemed reasonable."
Mia: "Marcellus throwing Tony out of a 4 story window, for massaging my feet, seemed resonable to you?"
Vincent: "It sounded excessive but that doesnt mean it didnt happen. I mean, I understand that Marcellus is very, very protective of you."
Mia: "A husband being protective of his wife is one thing. A husband almost killing another man for touching his wifes' feet is something else. "
-Mia and Vincent, at Jackrabbit Slims, Pulp Fiction

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:06 pm

I really don't like modern rap. It seems like a contest now of how many swear words you can put in a song than about good lyrics or even understandable singing. I also can't tolerate any pop bands / pop divas that have emerged since 1997: Spice Girls, Hanson, both Simpson girls, Britney Spears, Avril, Hilary Duff, and oh so many more. I'm not a fan of country, either..it all sounds the same, just like MarioKnight said.

I can tolerate most other kinds of music, though I'm never been too keen on Metal Rock.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:30 pm

There's no particular genre of music I don't like. I have country, rap, pop, and lots of other stuff in my collection. What I don't like is "cause" music. Like when a rapper talks about how hard his life has been and the only way out is either to become a rap star or sell drugs. Or when a rocker gets political and talks about how the Elite Power Structure is ruining life for everyone. That's one reason I like J-pop--they could be talking about bombing the US into the stone age, but I wouldn't know it. ^_^
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:49 pm

Sailorasteroid
What I don't like is "cause" music. Like when a rapper talks about how hard his life has been and the only way out is either to become a rap star or sell drugs. Or when a rocker gets political and talks about how the Elite Power Structure is ruining life for everyone.
Yes, thank you. In my art class, the teacher turns on the radio to whatever station the majority wants, and since my class is made up of mouth breathing valley girls, we listen to shit music and this one song always comes up everyday. It's some male singer who spends half the song yelling "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!!! NO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!!!!!!To be like meeeeeee." To quote my friend Robyn "Yeah, we don't know what it's like to be a spoiled little bitch who does nothing."

And political music pisses me off to. That's why I love classic rock, because it's a bunch of guys saying 'Fuck you' to everything equally, or singing about random crap. To quote Alice Cooper:"To me that's treason. I call it treason against rock n' roll because rock is the antithesis of politics. Rock should never be in bed with politics."
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:34 pm

lunaP wrote:I cant stand country, rap/hip hop, or r&b at all.

I have a question for Jonathan: Im not bashing you or being sarcastic or trying to be a bitch(for once ^_^) but i read your post; and im curious....
your reasoning for not liking Regge is because they always use the same beat...yet you listen to rap. whats up? if anything is overrated and annoyingly the same beat....its rap. Rap is the oppitomy(did i spell that right people?) of the same beat, just that droning thumping sound.
your logic doesnt make any sense....nice try, no cigar...would you like to play again?( heehee, ive always wanted to say that)
*Mod mode*
You want logic? Here's some: By being rude to another member, you break the rules. You break the rules, you get reprimanded. You do it again, you get it worse. Would you like to play again?. Topics like this are iffy anyway. Don't get offended by what others don't like, don't question it. Intelligent debate is one thing, petty arguments is quite another. */mod mode*

As for music that I don't like...I don't like Emo. Bands such as Dashboard Confessional irritate me. I don't like bands like Linkin Park, because every song is about the same thing (IMO). As for rap and the like, I listen to them for dance purposes. I don't take those songs seriously enough to dislike them. I place emphasis on writing, mainly. If the lyrics in a song are bad, then I don't like the song. Unless it's a super dance-y song.

Also, Rivalee, I'm not sure there's an actual genre of music called "Nazimusic." While I mean no disrespect towards your mother, I'm pretty sure it's just a term she came up with, and that the musicians aren't actually Neo-Nazis.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:47 pm

I really can't stand "punk" music. I hate all these new bands like Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, etc that claim to be punk. Punk music was about speaking out and being different during the days of the Clash and Montley Crue. One time I wore a studded bracelet even though it clashed with everything I have (I guess you could consider me a "prep", but I hate labels). Soon, everyone turns around and starts calling me a poser. Am I a poser just because I wore a studded bracelet? NO. But it's too bad "punk" is defined by the studded leather jacket one wears and not by their opinions and views on life. These days, people think that if you don't have the studded leather jacket, then you're not punk. Or if you wear something different on a spur of the moment kind of thing, then you're a "poser". It's all superficial. That's why I detest today's "punk" music. And, I put "punk" in quotations because I refuse to call it punk music when it isn't.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:58 pm

...Am I the only one who doesn't hate any genre of music?

I don't care for rap, but do like some of it. I have some Missy Elliot on my computer..and I love Eminem.

Country tends to irritate me, but I have some Shania Twain and Trisha Yearwood on my playlist.

Really, I fail to understand how one can absolutely not like any song from a single genre of music.

I love music, period. I'm a very musical person...so I can't bring myself to hate any of it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:42 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:There's no particular genre of music I don't like. I have country, rap, pop, and lots of other stuff in my collection.
I'm with you, Tiff. Every kind of music expresses a different sentiment. A lot of what goes into what music I like is the mood and time and place I'm in. I could never dismiss a whole swath of music because someday I might be ready for it.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:00 am

I'm also with Tiff and sailorasteroid, which is why I haven't posted on here before. I don't really love hip-hop, but I like to dance to it. Country bugs me sometimes, but there are some country songs I like, so I can't say I hate any type of music.

Hobbes
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Hobbes » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:00 am

For me, it would have to be country and contemporary christian. Especially when they try to make rap or country or rock christian. I mean, christian rap? On the subject of real rap, that is really starting to get on my nerves. Rap from the '80s and '90s told stories. (My absolute favorite being "Children's Story." Not sure who rapped it though.) But now, its all about getting shot, and getting tons of groupies on their tour bus. R&B is starting to sound all alike too. Everyone wants to sound like Mary J. Blige or Alicia Keyes.
I AM YOUR LOVE-LOVE GODDESS B[BLEEP]ES!
-Aino Minako from Suburban Senshi

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Uh, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
-Michael Scott, The Office

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:53 am

As Tiff said, there's not really any genre that I can't like at least a couple songs in. I have a really broad musical taste, as you can see on some of my favorite artists in that thread.

But overall... country is probably my least favorite. Like Dan said, there are a few tolerable songs, but I can't stand the twang and whinyness, dunno how else to describe it. And yes, most country songs sound the same to me. I think the one thing that bothers me most about country is when so many mainstream songs are turned into country covers and either butchered and/or the country singer gets more credit than the original artist. WTF?

I also really dislike rap and hip hop for the most part. I didn't mind it so much back before the 2000s but lately it seems like it is completely taking over the music industry, and it's the "cool" thing to listen to nowadays for anyone my age. Ugh. While there are a rare few rappers I think are actually genuinelly talented lyricists, I'm more inclined to think of it as poetry than actual music, and I really don't enjoy listening to the stupid thumping bass loops and various other repetitive aspects. And of course, other than those rare few, most rap lyrics to me are shallow and/or needlessly offensive. If you're going to be offensive, at least have a point to it. Most modern rap to me is just pointless and irritating.

Individual artists and bands? Aside from the obvious Britney, Ashlee, etc., the only one that really springs to mind that I despise is Michelle Branch. Some of her songs themselves are okay, even decent... but I quite simply cannot stand *her*. While I could go on for paragraphs ranting about why, I know there are a lot of her fans around here so I'll just leave it at not only is she SO overrated and completely talentless IMO but her voice is quite possibly the closest musical equivalent to a dying cow I've ever heard. Especially... "live" (playing guitar on Leno with your amp not plugged in and strumming not even going to the music = awesome) where her offkey whoaaawahohooaaaa's make me want to bash my head into a wall. "I won't use my body to sell records" in interviews followed by a Maxim photo shoot is also respectable.

Mmmk, I guess I ranted quite a bit more than intended. ^_^; Sorry Michelle lovers. I have nothing against you. :wink:
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

sailor_serenity33
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by sailor_serenity33 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:31 am

The one song that i hate are Simple Plan's Untitled.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:07 am

Like a few people have posted, I don't HATE any one kind of music, but there are a few genres and certain subgenres that just aren't my cup of tea.

- Emo: Not so much a musical style, per se, but I really can't get into songs that talk about how life is terrible, how the singer(s) want to cut themselves and make themselves bleed, etc. Any song that talks about self-mutilation in the name of their own "suffering" and "depression" is automatically off my list.

- Country: For the most part, I just can't get into this genre that well. There are some songs that have good beats and melodies, but those are the minority; I'm not really sure what it is about the genre, but I just can't see myself having much of it's music on my iPod. Other genres that fall into the category of "liking a few songs but generally avoiding them" are "Screaming" Rock/Heavy Metal, Punk, Grunge (general exception being Green Day and Nirvana), and whatever groups like Linkin Park and Good Charlotte represent.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

MollyNephlite_Fan
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by MollyNephlite_Fan » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:42 am

RAP AND COUNTRY

Rap~Well some of it I can stand, but I prefer music where you can hear the guitar playing and the drums beating and the voices crying out!!! I'm much more of a classic rock girl.
Country~Don't even get me started.

I also HATE music on the radio. I hate it when people hear one song by The Killers and suddenly they are their favorite band in the world! Maybe it's not like this where you guys live, but where I live everyone only likes songs on the radio! They don't go out and look for real music! It's really sad when I song you've liked for months comes on the radio and suddenly it's your preppy sister's new favorite song.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:10 pm

MollyNephlite_Fan wrote: Maybe it's not like this where you guys live, but where I live everyone only likes songs on the radio! They don't go out and look for real music! It's really sad when I song you've liked for months comes on the radio and suddenly it's your preppy sister's new favorite song.
Music on the radio IS real music. How is it not real music?? It's the same music you can find on CD's, unless you like really obscure underground bands that hardly anyone knows about. Most songs I love I first heard on the radio. I thnk that's the case with..just about anyone.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:35 pm

Am I the only one here who actually likes country music? Most of my CD collection is country.

Anyway, the music I can't stand is rap. No, correction, hip-hop. My brother and sister insist that that is what it's called. It's way too negative for me and way too annoying.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?