Music you hate

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

denizenofevil
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by denizenofevil » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:26 pm

I also hate a lot of the new pop songs out there. Britney Spears just needs to go away. Same with all those talentless hacks like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Tiff wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:I loathe that song that goes, "You're beautiful!!! You're beautiful! You're beautiful, it's true!!!" .
Oh, I love that song, I believe it's lovely.

And it's "you're beautiful" by james blunt.
Sadly, one of my friend's showed me this somewhat funny video that made fun of that song it was called 'Emotional' I think. Instead of going 'You're Beautiful' the guy who's making fun of it sings 'EMOTIONAL! EMOTIONAL IT'S TRUE!'

Anyways as for music, I just don't like a lot of today's new music in general. Country-depends, the only actual country that I can sit through is Johnny Cash. Rap-I agree that most of today's rap is just a contest to see who can swear the most and whoever does is like the pimp of rap [/sarcasm], although I do like some Kanye West.

I'm annoyed by emo music, mainly Panic! @ The Disco, MCR I can handle some of it, but I had a friend who was a HUGE fan of Panic! and was like OOOOOMMMMGGGGG PANIC!!!!! Bleh, I just don't like songs about suicide and how life sucks. In general I don't like songs with sad lyrics and sad beats.

I lost all respect for Fergie. She sings nice when I heard some of her Black Eyed Peas (I'm not a huge fan of the lyrics of 'My Humps' but it does have a good beat) stuff she seemed okay. Until she went solo and then the song 'London Bridge' came out I was like WTF? She sounded all whiney and then I thought wtf is a london bridge? Then I heard 'Clumsy' and that was bad too. I also heard 'Big Girls Don't Cry' but even that didn't redeem her, I found the lyrics too depressing. I think Fergie should just write a dictionary of slang terms (i.e. London Bridge, humps, lady lumps etc) she would make millions.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:59 pm

Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up

"I always wanted to be a superstar
And knew that singing songs would get me this far"

Trust me, it's not your singing that got you this far. This sounds like it belongs on the soundtrack to Bratz: The Prostitute Years (coming soon to theaters).
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:27 pm

NameGoesHere wrote:Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up

"I always wanted to be a superstar
And knew that singing songs would get me this far"

Trust me, it's not your singing that got you this far. This sounds like it belongs on the soundtrack to Bratz: The Prostitute Years (coming soon to theaters).
LMFAO!!! I also dislike The Pussycat Dolls. I hate the song 'Don't Cha?' it's a lot like Avril's song 'Girlfriend' very shallow.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:41 am

Don't Cha is only cool when Weird Al sing's it :)
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:23 pm

Okay, I officially hate the Jonas Brothers. They're not talented, they sound like whiney girls and I hated their cover of Hello Goodbye, I nearly died and cried. I bet John Lennon is about to get out of his grave right now and go on a mad killing spree.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

demoneyeskyo87
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by demoneyeskyo87 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:34 am

Rihanna - "Umbrella", ohh how I loathe that song and I don't like her...

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:11 pm

demoneyeskyo87 wrote:Rihanna - "Umbrella", ohh how I loathe that song and I don't like her...
Agreed 100% +1

"Shut Up and Drive" is worse, though. I caught the music video for it a while back and thought, "Awesome! A song about chicks that like cars—no wait. Euphemism for sex. Damn it."
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.