Music you hate

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:39 pm

NanananananananananananananananaBatpeen!
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Anthy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:45 pm

Batpeen has a sidekick, Robpeen, who is a bit shorter than he, but with much more spunk. :D

They both wear masks to hide their identities. >_>
Princess AIcon by livejournal user equivalency

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:41 am

*Blinks* *Just now notices Anthy*

[off-topic]
Anthy?? How long have you been back?? You've been like... Gone for forever! o_O
[/off-topic]
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:47 am

*thwaps Anthy and Kisu*

Stop talking about peen!

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:06 am

...peenguins?

...peencakes?

XD
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Anthy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:11 pm

peeninsula. peento bean. pretty in peenk. peencil. subpeena (subpoena). peenyata (pinata). peendulum. :D

*wonders what comprises the batter of peencakes*

*shudders*

I come and go with the wind and/or bored-of-myspace-ness. That anyone remembers teh anthy amazes me.
Princess AIcon by livejournal user equivalency

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:14 am

ADMIN MODE

¬.¬ Back on topic.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:35 pm

I don't really "Hate" any music either, although I am not too fond of country, some of the songs can make me cry ;-;.

I actually like rap alot, being I have grown up around it. Basicly all mianstream music I've liked. My mother was a DJ so I grew up knowing all music XD; Except for country, because my mother never liked country.

I HATE HATE Emo music. >-> Just cause I dress "Gothy" does not mean I litse to those bands. (Allthough some Evenessances songs are good). I adore the song "Crawling" because its fun to make fun of.

"Crawling in my skiiiin, this orange it will not peel!!"

[/b]
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:25 pm

The one song I hate the most is that new Avril Lavigne song "Girlfriend." I cannot stand that song because she's singing about how it's cool for you to go out and steal somebody else's boyfriend just because you think that you're cooler than the guy's geeky girlfriend. The girl in the music video wasn't even doing anything wrong and the guy was clearly having fun, so I don't know what was so wrong with the geeky girl. And it just annoys me that the whole song is about making fun of geeks. The only reason why I can see this song is so popular is that it has a catchy beat, but personally I think it reminds me of those annoying cheers cheerleaders would chant over and over again to no end at a high school pep rally with her obnoxious "Hey, you, hey you!" lyrics. What annoys me most about this is that in all the interviews I've read Avril acts like she's more mature than Britney Spears when she's just as trashy as she is. Isn't she supposed to be married? So, why is she acting like a high schooler? And it makes me disappointed because I used to actually like Avril's music. Her old music wasn't the greatest but I thought she was one of the better pop singers, and it was fun and catchy to listen to. I don't expect her music to be super-deep or anything but does she have to write a song telling kids that it's cool to be a whore?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm

I dont care for country music much. espically the really banjoey stuff
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:33 pm

I dont think theres a genre I truly hate, though Im not too big a country fan. And any rap from the 90s and up save LL cool J, and Outkast annoys the hell out of me and will not play on any music system I own. I guess as long as the rhythm of the music is good or the lyrics are something that touches me I can listen to any style music. I just get sick of the carbon copy music trends, in rock, rap and now even country. My tastes are truly stuck in the 90s grundge and indie scene with touches of late 60s early 70s rock music. I just think alot of stuff nowadays dont compare to it. Im not a big fan of pop music either you know the songs that you hear in the darn kid bop commercials. I think someone mentioned the song "Girlfriend" if I hear that damned song one more time...sigh. I dunno Im weird though cause I can play a song from the 20s and find it fun to listen to as well. I was listening to an old recording of "Aint she sweet" lol. But seriously hate is too strong of a word for music tastes if I dont like it I just dont listen.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:The one song I hate the most is that new Avril Lavigne song "Girlfriend." I cannot stand that song because she's singing about how it's cool for you to go out and steal somebody else's boyfriend just because you think that you're cooler than the guy's geeky girlfriend. The girl in the music video wasn't even doing anything wrong and the guy was clearly having fun, so I don't know what was so wrong with the geeky girl. And it just annoys me that the whole song is about making fun of geeks. The only reason why I can see this song is so popular is that it has a catchy beat, but personally I think it reminds me of those annoying cheers cheerleaders would chant over and over again to no end at a high school pep rally with her obnoxious "Hey, you, hey you!" lyrics. What annoys me most about this is that in all the interviews I've read Avril acts like she's more mature than Britney Spears when she's just as trashy as she is. Isn't she supposed to be married? So, why is she acting like a high schooler? And it makes me disappointed because I used to actually like Avril's music. Her old music wasn't the greatest but I thought she was one of the better pop singers, and it was fun and catchy to listen to. I don't expect her music to be super-deep or anything but does she have to write a song telling kids that it's cool to be a whore?
The radio here whores that song!They play it 24/7! I hate it. >_> I agree fully.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:43 pm

Cardcaptor Takato
Isn't she supposed to be married? So, why is she acting like a high schooler?
Because she's all tough and punk. RAWR!!!

The genre I can't stand the most right now is techno. This girl at my college would play these techno songs and each one was the SAME.DAMN.NOTE. played over and over and over and over for four minutes. How is that music?
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:46 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:The one song I hate the most is that new Avril Lavigne song "Girlfriend." I cannot stand that song because she's singing about how it's cool for you to go out and steal somebody else's boyfriend just because you think that you're cooler than the guy's geeky girlfriend. The girl in the music video wasn't even doing anything wrong and the guy was clearly having fun, so I don't know what was so wrong with the geeky girl. And it just annoys me that the whole song is about making fun of geeks. The only reason why I can see this song is so popular is that it has a catchy beat, but personally I think it reminds me of those annoying cheers cheerleaders would chant over and over again to no end at a high school pep rally with her obnoxious "Hey, you, hey you!" lyrics. What annoys me most about this is that in all the interviews I've read Avril acts like she's more mature than Britney Spears when she's just as trashy as she is. Isn't she supposed to be married? So, why is she acting like a high schooler? And it makes me disappointed because I used to actually like Avril's music. Her old music wasn't the greatest but I thought she was one of the better pop singers, and it was fun and catchy to listen to. I don't expect her music to be super-deep or anything but does she have to write a song telling kids that it's cool to be a whore?
The radio here whores that song!They play it 24/7! I hate it. >_> I agree fully.
That video was on the EBTV disc a month or two ago, so every work shift at the game store, I had to hear and see it about once an hour. It was torture. X_X
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:54 am

peachvampiress wrote:The genre I can't stand the most right now is techno. This girl at my college would play these techno songs and each one was the SAME.DAMN.NOTE. played over and over and over and over for four minutes. How is that music?
She was playing some really bad techno, then. The stuff I listen to has at least three notes and lasts for six minutes. =D
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:The one song I hate the most is that new Avril Lavigne song "Girlfriend."
Egh, I really don't like the music video. The girl isn't cool, so it's completely fine to make a mockery of her and steal her boyfriend. It's dirty politics, if you ask me.

And what's with them running into a porta-crapper to make out at the end...? DX
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:55 pm

I HATE that song. It made me lose all respect for Avril Lavigne. It's shallow and bitchy, and video had me steaming and ranting for days. The worst part is the song is so catchy that it sticks in my head, and then I end up singing and and therfor driving myself insane.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:58 pm

I cannot stand that "my lipgloss is poppin' song." AGGGH. Listening to someone yell, "Whatchu know 'bout me? Whatchu know 'bout me? Whatchu know 'bout me?" over...and over...and over...>.<
Kill it.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:38 pm

the*blue*girl wrote:
I HATE that song. It made me lose all respect for Avril Lavigne. It's shallow and bitchy, and video had me steaming and ranting for days. The worst part is the song is so catchy that it sticks in my head, and then I end up singing and and therfor driving myself insane.
Another thing that pisses me off about that song is that in it she's making fun of geeks, but then Avril turns around and releases her own OEL manga to cash in on the manga bandwagon. But when so many manga fans are geeks, that just strikes me as hypocritical. It's like she's saying that she hates geeks, but she likes their money. :roll:
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

denizenofevil
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by denizenofevil » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:19 am

I loathe that song that goes, "You're beautiful!!! You're beautiful! You're beautiful, it's true!!!" I also hate that Milkshake song.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:34 pm

denizenofevil wrote:I loathe that song that goes, "You're beautiful!!! You're beautiful! You're beautiful, it's true!!!" .
Oh, I love that song, I believe it's lovely.

And it's "you're beautiful" by james blunt.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama