Music you hate

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

kitty_power
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Music you hate

Post by kitty_power » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:24 pm

Hello,
Name me music you hate! please :!:
Thanks

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:45 pm

ADMIN MODE:

Look..if you're going to start a topic, then YOU name the things yo uwant people to name. Don't just tell them to name something, or list something. You have to involve YOURSELF into your own topic, anyway. Otherwise, your post just seems pointless.

Be more specific. Types of music, such as rap, classical, etc? Or actual artists and bands? Time periods?

PLEASE, if you're going to start a new topic, involve yourself in it, and be a bit more specific.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:57 am

Well then, I hate rap. :? No offense but I hate it. I mean there's no melody! *mumbles to myself*

kitty_power
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

rap

Post by kitty_power » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:13 am

Sakuya wrote:Well then, I hate rap. :? No offense but I hate it. I mean there's no melody! *mumbles to myself*
I hate rap too :wink:

kitty_power
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

i hate....

Post by kitty_power » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:15 am

These are the groups i hate:
Snow partol, Eminen, Anastasia, blazing squad, boyzone, westlife and more like that.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:34 pm

ADMIN MODE: KITTY_POWER. You have already broken rules #8, #11, #12, and #18 in the two days you've been here. You NEED to read the rules before you post again. This is an official warning. If you break another rule you will be temp banned for a week.

TBA

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:11 pm

I despise pop music and all of the cookie cutter singers today like Brintey and Christina, although, to their credit, I like Britney's song Toxic because it sounds original and Christina's music video with the bees and long dresses (OMG clothes that cover her!! -_-), although all their other stuff is terribile. Ashley Simpsons just needs to be stopped. She can't sing worth shit, she's a faker and a liar and doesn't deserve her fame.

I like Emienm's music, but all other rap I can't stand because it all sounds the same:
-take one part depressing backstory about living in the hood (doesn't matter if it's true or not, no one will know)
-add pieces of drugs, guns and hoes
-and cover thickly with monotone base sound.

Music like Marylin Manson's music (I don't know what it's called). It just doesn't appeal to me or seem intersting.

Finally Madonna. I don't care how many times she defends it, DO NOT LIP SYNC AT CONCERTS! Don't give me the "I can't breathe when I dance" excuse. If you can't do both than just sing because anyone can dance with the right trainer and instructor.

Other than that, I like pretty much all other kinds of music ^_^.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:20 pm

peachvampiress wrote:I despise pop music and all of the cookie cutter singers today like Brintey and Christina, although, to their credit, I like Britney's song Toxic because it sounds original and Christina's music video with the bees and long dresses (OMG clothes that cover her!! -_-), although all their other stuff is terribile. Ashley Simpsons just needs to be stopped. She can't sing worth shit, she's a faker and a liar and doesn't deserve her fame.

I like Emienm's music, but all other rap I can't stand because it all sounds the same:
-take one part depressing backstory about living in the hood (doesn't matter if it's true or not, no one will know)
-add pieces of drugs, guns and hoes
-and cover thickly with monotone base sound.

Music like Marylin Manson's music (I don't know what it's called). It just doesn't appeal to me or seem intersting.

Finally Madonna. I don't care how many times she defends it, DO NOT LIP SYNC AT CONCERTS! Don't give me the "I can't breathe when I dance" excuse. If you can't do both than just sing because anyone can dance with the right trainer and instructor.

Other than that, I like pretty much all other kinds of music ^_^.
I agree with most of what you said. I like pop music, but I think most of the pop music on the radio today sucks. Britney, Christina and everyone ruined it. Pop music was awesome during the 1998-2000 era. Now, I think it just plain sucks. I do like Hanson and Michelle Branch, however.

I can't stand rap, hip-hop and country music. I find rap and hip hop music just totally annoying. I like music that actually has a melody you can sing to. I don't like country music because of that instrumental thing that you hear in every song that makes it distinctly country music. I don't know how to explain it. It keeps going DOOIIIIING or something. I find it really annoying. I'm not good at explaining this well. I hope you understand what I'm referring to ^_^

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:33 pm

RoastedTwinkies wrote:I don't like country music because of that instrumental thing that you hear in every song that makes it distinctly country music. I don't know how to explain it. It keeps going DOOIIIIING or something. I find it really annoying. I'm not good at explaining this well. I hope you understand what I'm referring to ^_^
I used to know the term for it. I don't think it's called a 'slide guitar', but it's the only way I know how to put it. It looks like the neck of a guitar (not in size, just design) and you can use a special slide thumb pick (or whatever).

I can't -hate- a genre because in every genre there is at least one artist I like. expample: I dislike most rap, but I love Will Smith's music. My dislike of an artists can vary from song to song.

example:
I detest Emienm, but I really like his song 'Stan' featuring Dido.
I -used- to like Toby Keith but he's aggervaiting the piss out of me now. I can't say I hate him because I still listen to his older works from time to time.

But, excluding the song 'Stan', Emienm takes the award for 'current artist that grates my nerves'.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:13 pm

I'd have to say the only music I don't like much at all is country. To me, there is very little variey between different songs, and little evolution in the genre over the years. The instrumentation seems to be about the same between most songs, the backgrounds don't seem to differ too much either, and there doesn't seem to be many lyrics in a given song. I do like some country songs, but alomst all that I do enjoy are slower songs that have a (imo) better version in other genres. As for other genres, I enjoy them quite a bit, most notably lately rap and hip hop. For most genres besides country, there's only a few people/groups that I can't stand (Ashlee Simpson comes to mind off the top of my head), for country it's the complete opposite and there's only a few individual songs I can't stand.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

SailorSpace
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorSpace » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:25 pm

Hmmm.... music I hate.... Well, I LOEV music, but.... Hmmm.... here goes.

Some of the music from the 80s: I'm sorry, but you can't get any cheesier than that. The big hair, outrageous style of clothes.... The introduction of Madumba--I mean Madonna. *shudder*

Opera: Screaming in tune just doesn't tickle my fancy. Especially if it's in a language I can understand.

Country: I'll admit it, SOME country is OK, like Shinia Twain. But country just isn't my thing, really. I guess I just don't dig dudes singing to music about his farm while wearing a ten gallon hat?

RAP: Just take it from the girl who's hair is nappy,
When you try to bust a rhyme about not being happy,
Then the poems tend to get crappy.
.....Hey, not bad, lol!!!

Today's pop music: sorry, but it's too slutty for my tastes these days. ¬_¬ Until Britanny Spears quits, I'm hiding under a rock. Come and get me, and let know when she's finally gone.

My .02 cents.
"Miko Miko Nurse"
Madamada iku yo!!
Miko miko nurse! Miko miko nurse!
namamugi namagome miko miko nurse!!
Kaerue pyoko pyoko miko miko nurse!!
Miko miko nurse! Miko moko nurse!
Sexual violet miko miko nurse!!
Soul train miko miko nurse!!
Anesan rokkaku miko miko nurse!!
Riichi ippatsu miko miko nurse!
Saigo ni mou icchou! HAI!!
Miko miko nurse!!

Oh my god.

That's so incredibly fucked up and so incredibly cute all at the same time.-Tiff-Chan

Seeking a band.

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:31 pm

I generally hate country music with the exception of a couple Shania Twain songs. And even those aren't THAT pleasing to my ears. The only metal band I like is Nightwish and I've even grown a bit tired of them. I hate all the screaming and loud guitar riffs in lots of metal music (also in some kinds of rock). It gives me a headache. So I also hate metal for the most part. I also can't stand the likes of Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, and New Found Glory. Too whiny.

I've been listening to rap, r&b, and reggae more than anything else for a few years now. But I'm open to a lot of other kinds of music. Hell I'd have to say my favorite artist is No Doubt, and they're not any of those genres ( they have some reggae inspired songs but yeah)
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:02 pm

I like Jewel's old stuff. Now that she's ventured over to bubblegum pop, things are just... bleh. And I'm not a fan of boy bands at all, in addition to a lot of rap, Britney Spears-inspired pop, and anything else along those lines. I jsut don't agree with them for some reason.
"I want to go back to believing in everything and knowing nothing at all..."
~Evanescence, "Field of Innocence"

"I love you."
"WHAT!?! What did you say!?"
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"
"*in a whisper* Olive juice you too!"
~Stewie and Brian, Family Guy, "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou"

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:04 pm

I don't really like Reggaeton. They always use the same beat, and I think it's extremely overrated.

Some are good, but the majority of it is garbage, I think.

I like rap/hip-hop, r&b, but especially spanish love songs.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:04 am

I detest Nazi-music. Anywhere I go nowadays, I hear this so-called music from someone´s freestyle (they´re playing really loud). I can´t just understand why people listen to that crap.
My youtube-account / My multiply-account

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.
~Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bad luck! I´m are suffering from Rivalee´s Syndrome.
Cause: thinking too hard
Symptoms: aphasia, vague gills, mildly squeaky voice, eyelid swelling
Cure: cryogenic freezing until science catches up

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:27 am

while I'll at least listen to most kinds of music, if given a choice or left on my own, I tend to gravitate toward rock music, almost any kind. I like some heavy metal bands (KoRn, some old Metallica but none of the new stuff), many classic rock bands (um, duh *points to screenname* there's at least one. Most of this influence comes from my parents), a fair amount of alternative rock (for lack of a better term. Stuff like Bowling for Soup and...I don't know. College rock.), and some other stuff that I don't know quite where to put. Green Day and Linkin Park are in there. I (heart) Linkin Park. I also like some 'pop' music, but only on a song-by-song basis and only if the other stations have commercials on (example: Gavin DeGraw's song, several Avril Lavene songs, maybe two or three of Brittney's).
As for genres I can't stand, that'd be rap or hip-hop, with the exception of a few Eminem songs. I *will not* listen to rap. Country falls into this category normally, too, but my sister really likes country music, so I end up hearing more of it than I want to. And some songs are good. There always seem to be exceptions to the rules. :roll:
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:14 am

Rivalee
I detest Nazi-music. Anywhere I go nowadays, I hear this so-called music from someone´s freestyle (they´re playing really loud). I can´t just understand why people listen to that crap.
I've never heard of Nazi-music 0___o; Do you know some specific examples of bands that make this kind of music?
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:00 am

RoastedTwinkies wrote:I don't like country music because of that instrumental thing that you hear in every song that makes it distinctly country music. I don't know how to explain it. It keeps going DOOIIIIING or something. I find it really annoying. I'm not good at explaining this well. I hope you understand what I'm referring to ^_^
That instrument is called a Steel Guitar. And yes, it annoys me, too. Mostly because they play the same damned chord, with the same damned note transitions, at the same damned tempo in every single song. The Steel Guitar is pretty much the signature sound for the country genre. The only country song I really like is Joe Diffie's Third Rock From the Sun. A country song about an alien invasion is certainly original.

I don't really like most rap, hip-hop, or pop. I like a little bit of everything, but most of the songs in those genres bore me. I can't stand Usher, Justin Timberlake, or any of the like. Too whiny. Any rap with no substance also annoys me. I don't care how much damned "bling" you have, say something with meaning and I'll listen. Otherwise, can it.

Any artist that treats music as a popularity contest looses my respect. (You can guess how many popular artists I dislike...) Any song that rhymes emotion with ocean must die.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:07 am

peachvampiress wrote:Rivalee
I've never heard of Nazi-music 0___o; Do you know some specific examples of bands that make this kind of music?
Nope, I have never asked. But they sing in swedish. I dunno if this kind of "music" exist somewhere else in this world.
My youtube-account / My multiply-account

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.
~Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bad luck! I´m are suffering from Rivalee´s Syndrome.
Cause: thinking too hard
Symptoms: aphasia, vague gills, mildly squeaky voice, eyelid swelling
Cure: cryogenic freezing until science catches up

Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:14 am

Well, I must say I don't hate anything in particular, since I'm like Tempest, for example, I don't like rap at all but Eminem's "Stan" is something I appreciate because of the message it sends.

Like, on my Winamp playlist, if I had the time to find all the tracks I remember I love and all that, you'd find Metallica follwed by Anime music followed by some pop (not Britney Spears though and her look-alikes gang) followed by some Linkin Park followed by some J-Pop then some Avril Lavigne then probably one piece of classical music (Toccata und Fuge, Bach, my favourite piece of music ever ^^;;;;;;; ) , and some "old" songs (Neverending story theme by Limahl, and another song which I don't remember the title which has these lyrics : "Near a tree by a river there's a hole in the ground, where an old man of iron goes around and around..." or something). Would be quite an odd playlist to some ^^;;

While on the topic of pop music though... and the BritneySpearsLookAlikeGang mania, I'd say I'm rather saddened by the direction the music industry is going. And looking at how it's happening, seems to be the same in the U.S and in France. The pretty cute and totally-without-talent girl has more chances to be popular and sell her music... why ? Cause she can be sexy ¬_¬ ...

Like, I do write songs, you know, but I'm not exactly the girl-in-magazine type, and while my songs are pretty good compared to what's done in general (or so I've been told) , the only way I have to "gain" anything from them is either give them away and sell them to recording companies or sing them myself and bury my CD on a shelf.

But shssss, you didn't hear me say I hate Britney Spears, my first sister is coming to me with a hammer to smack my head :D
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay

Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !