Lifetime TV

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Lifetime TV

Post by KoiNoVash » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:58 pm

Is anyone else drawn in every time they turn the channel to Lifetime? It's like once I hit it while channel surfing, I can't turn the channel. In fact, I'm watching it right now. It's like it hypnotises you or something...
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)

Jed-kun
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jed-kun » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:01 pm

I love the lifetime chanel, however, I can't stand most of there movies. Sorry.
Nothing sucks like a Jed-kun - The "sloganize" web site.

(After Scott shoots Logan through a window)
Beast: What's this all about?
Emma: What do you think? Superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy... and I still rate below a corpse. ::storms off in a huff::
- from Astonishing X-men #1

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:03 pm

I love Lifetime! Golden Girls, Designing Women, and The Nanny are three of the best shows out there! I like some of their movies. It all depends on when I come in. I typically don't plan to watch them, either. I'm channel surfing, and it draws me in. It's like subliminal messaging, or something.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:15 pm

LMAO @ the subliminal messages.
Liftetime's pretty cool. I get drawn into their movies, as corny as most of them are. But a lot of them are hella emotional, and i've cried at quite a few (like the one where the mother is in prison, and the children have to live with their aunt...I sobbed so bad.)

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:22 pm

I watch only 1 thing on lifetime, and that's the Golden Girls. It's an enjoyable hour killer until my other favorite show comes on. Law and Order. ^^;; It's pretty much it Monday-Friday. I'm a creature of habit.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

SegaKnuckles
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by SegaKnuckles » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:58 am

I myself can't really stand Lifetime since it's the one channel my mom watches the most and I hate their made for tv movies which is what she always watches on the channel. Plus we have the Lifetime Movie network as well.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:32 am

I would watch Lifetime but I think my male organ might fall off if I did so.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:33 pm

Jeff wrote:I would watch Lifetime but I think my male organ might fall off if I did so.
LMAO awwwww you could always go to the penix store and get a new one.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Anthy » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:43 pm

Jeff wrote:I would watch Lifetime but I think my male organ might fall off if I did so.
Yes, I get that feeling sometimes, too. My uterus would start eating away at my brain. I'll stick to the Oxygen network ^^
Princess AIcon by livejournal user equivalency

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:57 pm

Anthy wrote:
Yes, I get that feeling sometimes, too. My uterus would start eating away at my brain. I'll stick to the Oxygen network ^^
*_* Oxygen = the win.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sailor X
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor X » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:01 am

ParaKiss_Groupie wrote:I love Lifetime! Golden Girls, Designing Women, and The Nanny are three of the best shows out there! I like some of their movies. It all depends on when I come in. I typically don't plan to watch them, either. I'm channel surfing, and it draws me in. It's like subliminal messaging, or something.
I love Designing Women! I like Golden Girls and The Nanny, too, but the Nanny pissed me off so baad... When it came, it took four of Designing Women's five time slots, and it was damn annoying. They are bringing too many new shows. I knew there was something up when Caroline in the City suddenly changed to Suddenly Susan. *suddenly remembers he is editor for Designing Women at TV Tome* *dashes*
That avatar is a self portrait. Really. Really. No matter how much it looks like D'Angelo, that's me. .... Oh, just shut up.

"Man, I am like obsessed with this show...could anyone have made a worse tv program if they set out to? The best part is, it was my grandma's FAVORITE show. We put her in a home shortly after she made that comment."
Jump the Shark comment on "Small Wonder"

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:06 pm

I really enjoy The Nanny; Golden Girls is pretty enjoyable as well. I really like a lot of their movies.
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:45 pm

The Golden Girls is the only show I ever watch on Lifetime. My fav character on it is Rose. She's so hilarious. I love the episode where they're all sleeping in the same bed, and they can't get to sleep because something always interrupts them, and Rose can't get to sleep until she prays to God. So, supposedly, Dorothy pretends to be God, and her mom thanks her for doing that to get Rose to shut up, and Dorothy says something like "that wasn't me."

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:05 pm

Tiff wrote:
LMAO awwwww you could always go to the penix store and get a new one.
What's a penix? A penis developed by Enix?
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:08 pm

Starscream wrote:
What's a penix? A penis developed by Enix?
XD "penix" is a term for "penis" that some people use...my friends and I use it.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:28 am

When we had cable, my parents would watch The Golden Girls. I actually kind of enjoyed it. it was funny to watch Rose act like she didn't have a single thought in her head. My favorite was Dorothy. The woman new how to be the center of sanity in an insane house.

However, my true love was watching The Nanny. That show is hilarious. That and I love how Niles and C.C. would always throw insults. Niles is using a new polish for the furnature and says he can't resist the commerical for it, "unwanted dirt just slides right off" and CC would sit down and slide right to the floor. Niles then goes "see?" at the end of the scene, Niles stated that it made an excellent floor polish too. and C.C. would then scream after she left the room and walked on the newly polished floor. My guess is that she wasn't counting on falling twice in one day.

I don't like the movies on Lifetime though. too depressing.

Sailor Sapphire
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sailor Sapphire » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:23 am

My Mom Loves watching the Golden Girls reruns on there, and I would occassionally join her.

My fav. one was the one where they participate in a songwriting contest
Bringing a presence that's cold as ice, I am the icy cool Gem Senshi, Sailor Sapphire!

Sapphire Gem Power, make up!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:13 pm

I used to watched Unsolved Mysteries with my mom. But I don't like the majority of their movies-too overdramatic for my taste. My mom for a while was addicted to watching the movies and for a while she was afraid that I might end up like those sexually active teen girls they show in their movies. :shock:
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:14 am

Being Australian, I have watched Lifetime a grand total of once. It was party of five. However, I later saw the movie Fifteen And Pregnant and thought it corny as hell.

We have a similar channel down here called W. I don't watch it too much, although I did see some S&TC and Housewives (both of which I liked.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:11 pm

Golden Girls is made of win. Reba isn't bad either. I don't usually like the movies, but the Christmas ones are pretty good. Fa La La La Lifetime!
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)