What annoys you most about computers/the internet?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:12 pm

The Christian Bale boards on IMDb.com....god you should have seen it flooded with trolls they day he got arrested for verbal assault. Well there are still some trolls around and they're effing annoying especially this one troll.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:06 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:The Christian Bale boards on IMDb.com....god you should have seen it flooded with trolls they day he got arrested for verbal assault. Well there are still some trolls around and they're effing annoying especially this one troll.
I HATE the IMDb trolls. They'll do anything to fuck up a topic.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:34 pm

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:43 pm

the*blue*girl wrote:For us Windows users
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM
:)
lmfao that is so true! But those cookies looked good! I remember my last computer froze every five minutes on me I was ready to kill that thing.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by supersailorearth » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:16 am

How the iPod touch facebook app is really glitched up

mizangelamy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by mizangelamy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:17 pm

I can't stand people writing in CAPS it's rude and annoying.
James and I are happily waiting to see our first born son on April 22, 2009!
Mrs. Green is happily married to her airman since May 10, 2008
"Gee, I never thought I had an effect on people until I was in Korea."~ Marilyn Monroe ~
"Not knowing of the dawn, not seeing the coming night, only my garnet eye crosses time, and I think of the people I love."~ Garnet Guardian from SM Memorial Song Box ~
"...the secret song of love is locked deep in my heart."~ Secret from SM Memorial Song Box ~

MySpace= add me!

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:53 pm

This is petty, but I've seen it a lot lately:
Someone makes a "List your 5 favorite X" type of thread, where X is characters in a TV show, or episodes of the show, your five all-time favorite movies etc.. Naturally, one or two people will be unable to decide and will list six or seven. I can understand that's hard to choose, but when I see people listing ten plus in a list of five, it's annoying. On a forum I frequent, someone listed fifteen in a five favorite Disney movies thread. They tried to jusitify it by putting them in different categories (older, newer, liveaction) but still...I mean, just choose.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:10 pm

Butterscotch wrote:This is petty, but I've seen it a lot lately:
Someone makes a "List your 5 favorite X" type of thread, where X is characters in a TV show, or episodes of the show, your five all-time favorite movies etc.. Naturally, one or two people will be unable to decide and will list six or seven. I can understand that's hard to choose, but when I see people listing ten plus in a list of five, it's annoying. On a forum I frequent, someone listed fifteen in a five favorite Disney movies thread. They tried to jusitify it by putting them in different categories (older, newer, liveaction) but still...I mean, just choose.
XD; this is why anytime we have a "list *x number* of your favorite *x item* here", I enforce the amount, because I cannot stand that, either.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:54 pm

Butterscotch wrote:This is petty, but I've seen it a lot lately:
I avoid those topics because I seriously can't make up my mind when it comes to that.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:53 pm

When my computer decides to act slow and not work when i have an assignment to work on for school and people getting into HUGE arguments on news postings,youtube, etc. over nothing that has to do with the news story or video.

wink568
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by wink568 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:10 am

My computer at work drives me nuts. It get's really slow, and it takes me a good half hour to get logged in and my Lotus notes opened in the morning. I at least have found a good way to make up for the time it spends "thinking" when it first starts up, and make my coffee.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:50 pm

What annoys me is this site . Honestly half the time I don't know whether to laugh or not. But overall the whole 'fml' thing annoys me. It seems like everyday when I log onto facebook, people on my friends list are like "OMG RESEARCH PAPER FML!!!" Seriously? Yeah I have a research paper to do but is 'fml' at the end of every status update necessary?
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:30 pm

Im getting alittle annoyed on facebook with the tag 28 friends as a label/ character thing and how facebok randomly reset my email settings for no reason.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:46 pm

I agree with you SailorBallerinaMoon. The first time I saw it I thought it was kind of clever, so I did it. And almost immediately 3456695645674 different ones appear, like the Disney one, the South Park one, and a bunch of others I didn't recognize.

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:26 pm

this got super annoying but does anyone remeber when facebook switched that to the"new" profile layout and every other person's status was "I hate the new facebook"? and then every day you'd get like 5 group invites to protest the"new" facebook. that was SO annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:15 pm

SailorBallerinaMoon wrote:this got super annoying but does anyone remeber when facebook switched that to the"new" profile layout and every other person's status was "I hate the new facebook"? and then every day you'd get like 5 group invites to protest the"new" facebook. that was SO annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goodness I hated those! I love facebook but a lot of their users are so whiney and hate change. Oh and I hear facebook is going to change a bit again, just wait and see a crapload of groups protesting.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Oh and I hear facebook is going to change a bit again, just wait and see a crapload of groups protesting.

Dude, Im scared. I know FB is not doing anything too drastic, but there r going to be annoying whiners and that what scares the most that people's whole days r ruined because the layout of a social networking site changed. wow, pathetic.

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:56 pm

SailorBallerinaMoon wrote:
Oh and I hear facebook is going to change a bit again, just wait and see a crapload of groups protesting.

Dude, Im scared. I know FB is not doing anything too drastic, but there r going to be annoying whiners and that what scares the most that people's whole days r ruined because the layout of a social networking site changed. wow, pathetic.

That's the Internet for ya. Mention the word "change", or anything similar to the word change, and all they act like Chicken Little and/or the Hulk.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:17 pm

And here come the complaints about facebook's change.

These changephobic people need to shove their complaints up their asses.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:42 pm

Wow I already have friends complaining about how the new FB is like the old one (that they LOVED if I recall correctly), but they're annoyed because it came along right when they were getting used to the new one.