Harry Potter

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:14 am

Has anyone else heard that the final HP movie will indeed be split into 2 movies? The last two (or should I say three?) movies appear to be directed by the same guy who did the last one. Hopefully, he knows what he is doing!
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:29 am

I heard about that a while back. They want to include everything that happened in the book, and in order for them to do that, the final movie will have to be split up. Though when I heard about it, they were only talking about doing it, there was no confirmation on whether they were actually going to do it this way or not. They might have decided since then.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:54 am

thats good I think

Order of the Pheonix cut way too much important stuff out, and I fear that Half Blood Prince will do the same.

There really isnt anything you can cut out of Deathly Hallows without messing up the story.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:57 pm

While this will score well with fans, I don't think those who are "movie only" will like this very much. =/ And how will they release it? Months apart? A year apart? Double feature? I'm just afraid that casual movie-goers will not like this.
Last edited by Queen Of Hearts on Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:45 pm

Thank god- I was afraid they would completly screw up the last one by trying to cram it all in to one movie. Now there's some hope.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:29 am

Well why not? I mean it has been done before. Kill Bill was split up into two films with the same storyline in each (I know this is more of a sequel but it has the same idea.)
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:42 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:thats good I think

Order of the Pheonix cut way too much important stuff out, and I fear that Half Blood Prince will do the same.

There really isnt anything you can cut out of Deathly Hallows without messing up the story.
The thing is, though, is that in Order of the Phoenix, they already left out some stuff that was very important to what happens in Deathly Hallows, such as at the beginning after Harry and Dudley get attacked by the Dementors, and we find out the reason why Harry has to stay with the Dursleys. Petunia mentions hearing about the Dementors once before, and this is elaborated on in Deathly Hallows. If they don't find a way to slip that into the Deathly Hallows movie(s), it isn't going to make very much sense to those that are only keeping up with the movies. In other words, the story is already messed up because they cut important details like that out.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:42 pm

jupiter23 wrote:
Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:thats good I think

The thing is, though, is that in Order of the Phoenix, they already left out some stuff that was very important to what happens in Deathly Hallows, such as at the beginning after Harry and Dudley get attacked by the Dementors, and we find out the reason why Harry has to stay with the Dursleys. Petunia mentions hearing about the Dementors once before, and this is elaborated on in Deathly Hallows. If they don't find a way to slip that into the Deathly Hallows movie(s), it isn't going to make very much sense to those that are only keeping up with the movies. In other words, the story is already messed up because they cut important details like that out.
The damage has been done. There is no going back, really, unless they add that in somehow to the 6th. But, I think they have enough time since it is split into two movies.
But, I don't think its THAT MUCH of a problem....
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:22 pm

Well I'm really happy now. Actually, I'll be happy with whatever they do as long as it is the same plot (wich it will be) and they had better keep the fact that [spoiler]Snape loves Lilly[/spoiler] in the movie, or I swear I will go on a murderous rampage as it is revealed in my favourite chapter (The Prince's Tale) of my favourite book (7...duh).
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:26 am

Aishiteru wrote:Well I'm really happy now. Actually, I'll be happy with whatever they do as long as it is the same plot (wich it will be) and they had better keep the fact that [spoiler]Snape loves Lilly[/spoiler] in the movie, or I swear I will go on a murderous rampage as it is revealed in my favourite chapter (The Prince's Tale) of my favourite book (7...duh).
I agree, they have to keep that in. My friend and I were extremely disappointed last year when we saw OotP and [spoiler]the movie only had a brief peak at Snape's worst memory[/spoiler] I'm kinda hoping they get Guillermo del Toro to direct the last one, but who knows. Although I do want in the 7th movie [spoiler] Michael Caine to play Aberforth Dumbledore[/spoiler]
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:27 pm

The latest in HBP news, WB is filled with cocky jerks who decide to make us all wait a whole year before we get to see the next movie. Way to go WB! 8D.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:23 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:The latest in HBP news, WB is filled with cocky jerks who decide to make us all wait a whole year before we get to see the next movie. Way to go WB! 8D.
Pardon my language but...FUCK YOU WB!!!! Cocky jerks is the right term for WB.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:59 pm

I'm not all that bothered by this move because I don't like the later Harry Potter movies that much as I prefer the books. It seems strange though that they would make this change but I guess it makes sense for them to release popular family movies in the summer.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"