Megaman X7

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Megaman X7

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:03 am

I rented Megaman X7 the other day and it's a hell of a lot better than I thought it would be. I mean, I originally didn't have high hopes for it considering the fact that X5 and X6 were crappy games relative to the rest of the series and that X7 was going to be in 3D. Well not all of the game is in 3D; there's still a lot of 2D slide scrolling parts of the game. Plus, the 3Dness has no effect on the overall gameplay, meaning even in 3D it is still an action platform. It didn't transform into an adventure/exploration game like Mario 64 or an FPS like Metroid Prime. In this game, you can set the audio to where the characters speak in Japanese, which is pretty cool. Also, Zero can learn techniques after beating bosses like he did in X4.

Anyways, I'm only on the fourth boss of the game (it's pretty challenging). You don't get to play as X until you rescue 64 reploids. Until then, you play as this new character named Axl who caries a pistol that shoots pea shots (which is pretty ironic because the American Box Art for the first two Mega Man games showed Mega Man with a pistol) and something called a copy shot where he can capture the DNA of other mavericks in levels that are his size and transform into the one he just killed for a few seconds.
(Voice done by Masako Nozawa)

ilovethesailorsenshi
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by ilovethesailorsenshi » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:56 am

Where to start? First off, I do like this game... it is a redemption for all the crap we put up with in X5 and X6. However I do not like Axl, this character is pretty much useless after you get X and to be honest the copy ability doesn't work as well as it should... I admit it sounded pretty cool at first.

For being an X game, they must have really wanted to forget X...

NOTE: I love the megaman/rockman series, but it's been going on forever... some spinoffs are good and some just plain suck. Eventually the blue bomber is going to have to be put to rest.
... i dunno what to say, i''m sorry

(I''m more like hotaru... thus the avatar change)