Kingdom Hearts

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Kingdom Hearts

Post by KoiNoVash » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:06 pm

Is anyone else getting excited about the two new Kingdom Hearts games coming out soon? From the pictures I've seen, it looks pretty good. I need to get a GBA...
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)

Lucied
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lucied » Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:10 pm

Yeah, and I never thought I'd say this, but I HOPE if Sephiroth is in KH2, that they get Lance Bass again. I've just gotten too used to him as Sephy >_<
"I am the black mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!" - Black mage, 8-bit theatre

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:41 am

I heard a rumor that Kingdom Hearts Final Mix won't be relased in America or the UK. Is "Final Mix" KH2?

I'm actually playing the original agian. I just got to ... Agrabah -_-; ... I played all the way up to one of the final stages and got bored.

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:53 am

Nope. Final Mix was just a different version of KH. You could get more keyblades, for example.

Go to http://www.gametrailers.com, and you can download the Deep Dive trailer for KH2. It looks sooo cool!!
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Spiral
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Spiral » Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:42 am

so are they going to be releaseing to new kingdim hearts games? i thought that they were just going to release the one and that was going to be kingdom hearts 2.

Chibi chibi star
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Chibi chibi star » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:17 am

I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2) and Chain of Memories (GBA)! I hear in Chain of Memories, you can play cloud, and it's gonna have CG cut sences! I've read they both might arrive by fall 2004, so I'm gonna be marking the days off my calander!
I wish on a star...
Just to be with you...
Please find me...
Call my name for me...
I'll be there for you...
My only love...

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:13 pm

Chibi chibi star wrote:I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2) and Chain of Memories (GBA)! I hear in Chain of Memories, you can play cloud, and it's gonna have CG cut sences! I've read they both might arrive by fall 2004, so I'm gonna be marking the days off my calander!
Squaresoft has stated that KH2 will not be out in Japan till Winter 2005, so it'll probably be summer 2005 here before we get it.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:50 pm

Kingdom Hearts is one of my all time favorites. Not only is it actually challenging and fun, but I like the idea of mixing Squaresoft with Disney, even though most people don't. One of my favorite parts of the game was the Winnie the Pooh minigames section ^^
(Voice done by Masako Nozawa)

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:16 pm

I think it should have had more FF characters. I would have loved to see Tifa rendered with that kind of detail... *_*
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:06 am

Apparently, there will be more FF characters in the 2nd one, which is making me even more exciting. Disney apparently did not like this and tried to block KH2 from being made, but was unsuccessful (otherwise I would have killed Mike Eisner).

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:46 pm

Well Eisner is pretty much gone anyways so his decisions towards KH2 really don't mean much anymore.

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:00 pm

Chibi Son Gokou wrote:Well Eisner is pretty much gone anyways so his decisions towards KH2 really don't mean much anymore.
But it did when he signed the deal allowing it to be made. Have you seen the trailer for KH2? With "Riku" killing all those heartless? That was made without Disney's knowledge. That was part of Square's presentation to convince Disney to allow KH2. And for a while they weren't. But they finally agreed to it, so they game is currently being made. Eisner had to sign the deal, so it would be up to him whether to make it or not.

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:05 pm

I really don't mind the Disney characters. In fact, I wish they did have more in there because I'm a Disney fan myself. This time around they should have actual worlds of The Lion King, Mulan, Snow White, and maybe even a Huntchback level. They should also bring back Winnie the Pooh because that part of the game rocked! I heard Mickey Mouse is going to play a bigger role.

On a side note, it's ironic how they have Kingdom Hearts, a game that mixes Final Fantasy characters with Disney characters, when before I even knew it existed, I thought Disney should have made a full-length animated feature of Final Fantasy IX. It would have songs in it like typical Disney movies do, and they would get Tim Rice and Alan Menkem to do the music and have the guys who created The Little Mermaid and Aladdin do the voices and character designs and whatnot. Zidane would have a simular voice to Aladdin, Hercules, or Prince Eric and have the same facial expressions. Garnet/Dagger would have a voice like Jasmine or Ariel (hey, new idea for a Disney Princess). Steiner would sound like the head guard from Aladdin. Quina could be the comical character voiced by Robin Williams or Eddie Murphy. It would be a BRILLIANT movie.

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:30 pm

Oh Squee, I just saw the trailor for Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on tv! I'm really excited. Hopefully this will hold me over until they finaly make up their minds when they want to release Kingdom Hearts II (which I heard is done... ¬.¬; )

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:49 pm

I'm definitely getting Chain of Memories for Christmas. Since I don't want to spoil everything TOO much, I've sworn to beat the first game before then (right now I'm about to battle Maleficent).

And, yes, I also saw the trailer. I thought the scene with Sora, Donald, and Goofy running down the dirt road was kinda cute. XP

By the way, has anyone heard their voices in Japanese?
"I want to go back to believing in everything and knowing nothing at all..."
~Evanescence, "Field of Innocence"

"I love you."
"WHAT!?! What did you say!?"
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"
"*in a whisper* Olive juice you too!"
~Stewie and Brian, Family Guy, "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou"

CrimsonRipper
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by CrimsonRipper » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:34 pm

I haven't oddly enough, they don't put in a language thing in there. I'm getting CoM for Christmas too, even though I could buy it, I'm still planning on saving some of my money for something else. I read that you have to go up against Cerberus again in KH2.

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:37 pm

I have heard the Japanese characters, a friend of mine in my Japanese class thought that everyone should hear Donald Duck in Japanese. It was great.

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:47 pm

CrimsonRipper wrote:I read that you have to go up against Cerberus again in KH2.
Uh-oh... O.o; Which reminds me, you have to fight PETE (Mickey's rival and Goofy's next-door neighbor in Goof Troop) of all people during the course of Kingdom Hearts II. But that's OK, considering that I like Pete since he's a (big, fat, mean) kitty. XP
"I want to go back to believing in everything and knowing nothing at all..."
~Evanescence, "Field of Innocence"

"I love you."
"WHAT!?! What did you say!?"
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"
"*in a whisper* Olive juice you too!"
~Stewie and Brian, Family Guy, "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou"

whitewolf05
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by whitewolf05 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:10 pm

I enjoyed the first Kindom Hearts game. I was hopeing that the second one would allow you to play as some of the FF characters but I guess not.
"Welcome Oblivion" Ansume Kingdom Hearts

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:32 pm

Chain of Memories

I bought this game approximately a week ago, and I must say, it is quite awesome. It looks good, it sounds good, the storyline is good, all of it. I was yelling at my GBA (and specifically at Sora) during the game, because it is that enrapturing. I was completely drawn into the game.

The battle system has changed. As most of you know, it is now card-based. And while it's very odd, it doesn't take long before you get used to it.

[spoiler]The best part of the game, though, is that once you beat it the first time, you play through it again. As Riku. And while it's said to be harder as Riku, it's the very definition of awesome. [/spoiler]

All Kingdom Hearts fans, go get the game. You will not be disappointed.

[spoiler]EDIT: I beat the game tonight as Sora, and will be starting a game as Riku tomorrow on my way home from my grandparents' house. As for the ending......;__; / ^^ / OMG. It's sad/awesome/yay![/spoiler]
Last edited by ParaKiss_Groupie on Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.