Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Post by Kameko » Sat May 06, 2006 9:44 pm

My brother bought the game and so I installed and started playing it. Wow. Just wow. The game is beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. All this pretty though comes at a price.

Min. Specs.:
Windows XP (check)
512mb RAM (check)
2 Ghz processor (Mine is 1.91 so not quite)

My video card is supported and I had the 4.6 GB of free space. I can run the game at medium detail. The graphics blows Morrowind away. The gameplay also blows Morrowind away. Oblivion improves on everything. Bows are now a viable weapon. NPCs are now on a schedule and everyone is voiced. Patrick Stewart does Uriel Septim VII's voice. Customizing your PC is better with more options so your character can truly look unique. Nicer interface as it's less intrusive. I could go on and on. Did I mention it looks nice?
Right now I'm playing with Delenn, my female Argonian who tends towards the thiefly.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

ilovethesailorsenshi
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by ilovethesailorsenshi » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:47 am

I have the 360 version... I'm used to having a controller in my hands, it's really fun I'll admit.

The expansions make the game kind of... "meh what's the point?" at times, but they do provide some good extras. (your own thieves guild, magic university, etc...)

What I don't get is most of this stuff is DLC (downloadable content) only though and it's not on the expansions for the 360 or the PS3
... i dunno what to say, i''m sorry

(I''m more like hotaru... thus the avatar change)