Tekken 5

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Tekken 5

Post by Jonathan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:08 pm

I bought this game yesterday and it is great! Much better than all the rest. The graphics were tweaked up, they move faster- it's the best fighting game I've played up to date!

Also, Xiaoyu is very much like Usagi in this game. For those who have it, play story mode with her, and you'll see what I mean.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:56 pm

I'm a huge Tekken fan, don't have Tekken 5 yet though (I won't be getting it til sometime after my spring break) But it is indeed a great game. I'm glad how there's more emphasis on juggles again and that there are a mix of infinite and finite scrolling stages.

I've played Tekken 5 in the arcade a few times. I want it on console so that I can sit down and practice more rather than having to head to the campus arcade and spend money on tokens. My favorite Tekken before this was Tekken Tag. I still play thats sometime. It's one hell of a game, a classic.

My favorite character in Tekken is Nina Williams, by the way. She's my second favorite fighting game character, only second to Ivy Valentine from Soul Calibur. I love SC, yet prefer Tekken on a whole. Ivy is just a smidge cooler than Nina. :P

Hey has anyone played Nina's game yet, Death By Degrees? It didn't get such great scores, but i want to at least rent it. I didn't think Namco would release that AND Tekken 5 at the same time. I thought they'd wait a few months for DbD.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:08 pm

I maybe getting T5, as long as Heihachi doesn't show up wearing that sumo thong (just like last time)! That alone just scares me!
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:21 pm

No Heihachi at all in this one, since he dies in the intro of this game. At least that's the arcade intro, I haven't played the PS2 version yet. I really like the arcade version of this game, especially the data cards. Keeping track of stats and customizable costumes is very nice, though not being able to customize Xiaoyu's "secret" schoolgirl costume was a bit of a letdown. I also like the unlock system of the arcade, characters unlock after certain amounts of time, which is pretty cool. I'm on the fence with the PS2 one since I'm happy playing at the arcade with my data card and prefer to use the joystick instead of the controller. Maybe one of my friends will get it and then i can check it out.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:36 pm

[spoiler]Heihachi is indeed in the PS2 version of Tekken 5.[/spoiler]

I'm not usually a bit Tekken fan, but I really like Tekken 5. I played it for hours at a friend's house the other night. I love playing as Asuka ^^, my favorite outfit of hers is the really long, flowing kimono.
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)