GBA Games Recommendation

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

GBA Games Recommendation

Post by Sakuya » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:11 pm

I received a Gamestop $25 gift card for Christmas. I was thinking of buying anime DVDs but the stores have stopped selling anime for some reason. :? So I thought I would buy the GBA games instead. Does anyone have recommendations for good GBA games under $25? The kind I like are usually fighting games and RPGs. Hopefully the RPGs won't be too hard (Sailor Moon Another Story was pretty good, not too easy but not too hard; Pokemon was hard and annoying). Any help is appreciated! :wink:

I browsed their catalog recently and found Golden Sun: The Lost Age for just $19.99! It looks pretty good. Is it any good from you who have played it? I heard there was a first game for that, is that any good? I'm also fascinated by the graphics used in PS2 games like Magna Carta and Final Fantasy. Do GBA games' graphics come anywhere near to that? I don't own PS2 and don't think I will own one any time soon so just wondering... :oops:

Ayane
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Ayane » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:25 am

My two favorite games for the GBA are Fire Emblem and the new Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories game. Or for simple, addictive fun, Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo is awesome.

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:16 am

*draws in breath*

Fire Emblem (it's Fire Emblem 7- Rekka no Ken, but Nintendo of America is treating it like FF)
Legend of Zelda A link to the Past
Minish Cap
Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World
Super Mario Advance 4 - Super mario bros. 3

currently, I can't remember any others.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:54 am

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past ;-)
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:13 am

I've played both Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. So yes, there is a first game, but The Lost Age gives you a big summary of what happened in the first one, and then gives you all the tutorials and such again. So, you don't have to play the first one to play the second one.

And yes, they're both wonderful games.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:03 pm

I agree with Parakiss. I owned Golden Sun: Lost Age before I bought Golden Sun. And they are definentally worth buying!
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:01 pm

Mario Games.

Nintendo even rereleased the original Super Mario Bros. too. And I think for only 20 bucks. Can't beat that! :wink:

dear god, I LOVE that wink emoticon..

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:22 pm

Slrjoecool wrote:I agree with Parakiss. I owned Golden Sun: Lost Age before I bought Golden Sun. And they are definentally worth buying!
My Gamestop store doesn't have that! That sucks so much! :x I was so looking forward to it too. :cry: Instead, I got 2 Noir DVDs.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:18 am

The original Legend of Zelda has been re-released on GBA, too. I don't think I need to explain why that game is recommended. ^^
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Marjolein
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Marjolein » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:16 pm

I really love the Gameboy Advance. (I've been a huge Super Famicom / SNES fan since 1992. ;) )
My favorite GBA games are: Zelda The Minish Cap, Golden Sun and Sword of Mana (Seiken Densetsu remake).

denizenofevil
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by denizenofevil » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:54 am

Any of the Advance War games are to die for.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:08 pm

Holy mother of necroposts batman!

TBA