Your recent gaming purchases.

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Tue May 13, 2008 11:34 pm

As part of my birthday presents, my fiance gave me the first two episodes of the Xenosaga trilogy to go along with Ep. III that I purchased a couple months ago. I'm slowly making my way through Episode I, as it's as cutscene-heavy (if not more so) than the portion I played of Episode III.

Still, very good game, and KOS-MOS kicks so much ass. :D
What is life? What if all it is is God playing a game of The Sims? Or even his own version of Final Fantasy? ~Me

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon May 19, 2008 9:18 am

i got windwaker for less then $10 and its worth about what I paid.

Its an ok game, but pales in comparasion to the other zelda games and the graphics really stink but then I despise cell shading
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Mon May 19, 2008 3:23 pm

I obtained 3 games recently... and all for GBA. XD

Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (or seima no kouseki, FE8, whatever)
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:31 am

Sorry for double post, but new purchases.

DS:
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Super Famicom
(All Super Famicom version)
Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (Genealogy of the Holy War)
F-Zero
Street Fighter II
Dragon Quest V
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:05 pm

I recently bought

King of Figher 2006
.Hack Vol.2 Reminisce
Call of Duty 4
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:58 pm

Metal Gear Solid - The Essential Collection
Contains: MGS - Integral (PSX), MGS2 - Substance (PS2), & Disk 1 of MGS3 - Subsistance (PS2)
Bought for $30.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:25 am

I just bought Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast for the Wii. I don't get all of the crap it receives. I <3 Tiny.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:51 am

Joe and I just bought Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords for DS, and we both love it so far. It's not often I can get into a game, especially an rpg-type game, but I really like the bejeweled-type fighting system in this game, and as far as RPGS go, it doesn't frustrate the hell out of me, nor is it slow.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:57 am

Im planning to use my birthday money to pick up Zelda Twilight Princess today if I can find a copy.

So if you all dont hear from me for a few days thats why
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

demoneyeskyo87
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by demoneyeskyo87 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Recently I've purchased FF X-2 as I've never played the sequel and I found it totally different from X.

When my birthday comes around, I'll be able to purchase the Metal Gear 4 game for the PS3.

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:41 am

I got The Sims 2: Castaway and Catz for PS2 last week. They were both really fun to play.
My youtube-account / My multiply-account

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.
~Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bad luck! I´m are suffering from Rivalee´s Syndrome.
Cause: thinking too hard
Symptoms: aphasia, vague gills, mildly squeaky voice, eyelid swelling
Cure: cryogenic freezing until science catches up

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:21 pm

I got Brain Challange for Nintendo DS, pretty fun game. It's a lot like brain age but it tests how much of your brain you're using. So far I'm using 11% of my brain. It also measures your stress level.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:23 am

Today, I got Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII and The Urbz: Sims in the city for PS2. Haven't tested DoC yet, but I really like Urbz.

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Skull13
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

One more game for my list.

Post by Skull13 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:51 am

Nintendo DS: Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games
Split Personality
Bring Hope To Humanity!!!

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:19 pm

I got Harvest Moon Island of Happiness on Friday. It's pretty cute ^^

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:36 pm

Earlier I was driving around with my buddy looking for SMW for GBA for him. We failed to find the game outside of GameStop as it's cheaper by at least half depending on where you find it, however I found myself a gem. I picked up a sealed copy of Drill Dozer for the GBA for $10. It's a nifty side scroller made by the same company that did Pokèmon. I heard about it from a panel at Otakon and have been contemplating picking one up at my store since it's so cheap though with no box. Seeing it at Target with a box for only a dollar or two extra I couldn't say no. I've been playing it for the past couple hours before leaving Jon's and now he's going to get a copy for himself tomorrow (he would've today but decided this at like 10:30 in which Target is not open as late and the game isn't at the Super Wal-Mart not far from him). It's a really fun game and so far I'd call it a must-have for side scroller fans.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 pm

While most people have to wait until Sunday, I got to take my Rock Band 2 home today. It is pretty sweet, I like that they ditched the solo mode from the original (though the upside to that was quicker unlocking for songs) and made world tour mode possible to play with only one player. I love having all of that available to me now instead of only being able to play when I travel to friends' places with all my stuff. Obviously it would still be more enjoyable with more people, but now playing single player isn't so stale. They also added different band challenges in the tour and also have other challenges outside the tour.

And the servers are well aware of the fact it's not out yet and I'm loving it. The title screen congratulates me for scoring it early, and one of the band challenges is called the pre-release challenge that ends before the game is out. XD I was the third to play it.

The title screen and its message

The screen for the challenge, also stating that I better have a legit copy of the game XD

This will be the only time I see myself second on an overall leaderboard and I intend to relish it

EDIT: The rumor of having all RB1 songs on RB2 is true! Read it in the instructions just before bed and am now doing the export process. ^_^
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:51 am

Just got Mega Man 9 on Wii downloads and it was so cool. Only took me a few hours to win, but thats what its always been like with Mega Man games for me so I loved it :)

I hope they do more games like this. Its great to play an old school game that is brand new.

I hope they make a new Zelda game that's like Zelda 2 the Adventure of Link. That would totally rule.

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:23 am

I brought the GBA-game Castlevania Double Pack (Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow) last week. They seem really good and interesting (haven't played them so much yet)

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:46 am

Just Cause as recommended by my friend. The graphics aren't the best but it's still fun.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!