Your recent gaming purchases.

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:46 pm

I ordered the CE of Bioshock and my brother bought the regular edition today. Unfortunately, it doesn't want to run. :( I've been dying to play this game since I've heard about it. It wouldn't be so bad if I could play System Shock 2 in the mean time but my brother lent it to a friend who ended up losing it.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:38 pm

Brain Age 2 came out today, and having money down on it combined with my discount, it fits my budget so I picked it up today and it's pretty nice. I like the new twist on some ideas from the first one and the new stuff as well. Can't wait to see what else is hiding in the cart as I get more stamps and all.

However, I am more excited for tomorrow, as it mars the end of a long quest. Today, a game I have been looking for for a long time now got traded in, so I'll be bringing in a few games to trade tomorrow for it since I can't afford to buy it just yet. That game, is DDR Mario Mix. ^_^ And better yet, the customer had the pad and bundle box too, which really works out in my favor since dance pads can't be traded in, so I have a free pad and this also means when the Wii DDR comes out I'll have two pads. Good day for me today.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:29 am

Hitman Trilogy (Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Blood Money, Hitman: Contracts.)

Easily worth the $30 I paid for it.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:02 am

Got Final Fantasy VI Advance on Tuesday.

... it's awesome. ^_^
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:32 pm

I just bought System Shock 2. Since it's being shipped from LA to NY, it's going to be awhile. I can't wait until it arrives. I've been dying to play the game for a long time.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Elanorea
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Elanorea » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:34 am

I bought World of Warcraft for a friend, and the Baldur's Gate 4 in 1 boxset for myself about a month ago.

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:28 pm

My copy of Rune Factory came on Monday. It's pretty fun. ^.^

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:12 pm

Metroid Prime Corruption on Tuesday. I'm only about 15~17% in, but DAMN. It's AWESOME.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:24 am

I bought Persona 3 and its almost taken over my life. Its so much fun being not only an RPG but a relationship sim (if that makes any sense). I was also thrilled to see Igor back; his VAing it terrific and I love it that he looks like a rip of of the Penguin from Batman.

I also pre-ordered Phoenix Wright: Trial and Tribulations. I can't wait to play it!
STAGE OUT!!!

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:06 pm

My dad just got Bioshock. Yes, taht's right. my dad plays FPS's. :ph43r:

I tried to get in KH:Chain of Memories, but... nope. ;_;
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:49 am

well on top of buying back some of my older games that I had before I moved I broke down and brought a nintendo ds light and pokemon diamond and pearl since ive enjoyed the other games for the gameboy and gameboy advance. Though I'll be honest ive got to have my uncle and his teen buddies show me what I need to do with this lol. I havent used a gameboy since the first advanced and after the kids proceeded to tell me what a relic it is ive decided to try this ds. And its cool cause now we have satellite internet and wifi capability in the house due to the network set up ^_^
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:08 am

Just got the first System Shock game. Can't wait until I have time to play it.

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:55 am

I got Resident Evil (PSX), Wild Arms (PSX) and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (PS2) with mail last week. They just rock big time ^_^
My youtube-account / My multiply-account

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.
~Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bad luck! I´m are suffering from Rivalee´s Syndrome.
Cause: thinking too hard
Symptoms: aphasia, vague gills, mildly squeaky voice, eyelid swelling
Cure: cryogenic freezing until science catches up

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:27 am

I went on Ebay the other night and got My best friend the Halo 3 Legendary pack with the helmet and other extras. Hes always getting me little gifts so I figured it be a nice surprize for him. Its too bad I wont be there to see his face when its delivered ^_^ . Plus I needed to preempt his gift of the new Zelda for ds he already told me he was getting for me, on top of some other games hes gone nutty buying for me since I got back into gaming again.

One of them games is Final Fantasy Dirge of Cerebus he says i'll love that game and im a Vincent groupie but I hear the play is kinda difficult im going to try it anyway when it gets here though.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

KariOhki
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by KariOhki » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:11 pm

Last game I got was Growlaser: Heritage of War for PS2. I'm three missions in and totally stuck, plus I haven't had time to play.

And my mom got a Wii! Even broke it in for me. I wish it was down here with me instead of 900 miles away with my mom.

Anubi: Oh God.
Anubi: I just saw Mog/Terra hentai.
Kari: XDDDDDDDDDDDD
Anubi: My life is snow scarred.
Kari: ooooo, snow
Anubi: Oo, fun.
Anubi: SNOW SCARRED.
Anubi: WHOO.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:45 am

I got Shadow the Hedgehog about 2 weeks ago. I think it's a bit underated, sure it's not the best in the series but it deserves more than what it got rated for.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:13 am

This last weekend, I purchased "The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass", and Jen got "SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS". Zelda's really good so far :D
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:36 am

Joe and I got Brain Age 2, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (which Joe just finished), and another game whose name I can't remember ^^; But you can use the stylus as a sword or draw runes tod o magic.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Neo Saturn
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Neo Saturn » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:43 pm

Recently got My Sims for the Wii and Pokemon Diamond.

_Alexander_
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by _Alexander_ » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:02 pm

I purchased Super Paper Mario a few weeks ago. It wasn't too great, Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door on Gamecube is much better. This was too dull, it was really boring to flip between 2d and 3d after a while and the game had too much text. -_-

Then I was going to buy Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition this weekend (even though I have the GC version) but damn, it was sold-out everywhere.
But i'll buy Zelda Phantom Hourglass this friday when it's being released. Gaming is tough when you live in Europe. ^_^