Worst game purchases ever

Video games and anime sometimes tie in with each other, plus video games kick ass. =P Discuss them here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Death_2004
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Worst game purchases ever

Post by Death_2004 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:51 pm

There have been many games that i bought and later realized that i should have gotten something else for the game was in fact a mistake in existance. My to 5 mistakes are:

1) Futurama for XBOX ( Though i loved the series and though it was cool in the beginning it didn't take my long to hate it.)

2) Star Trek New Worlds ( It was a very basic game but fun to play but for a real time strategy game to work you need to have multiplayer.)

3) Warcraft 3 limited edition ( The game is still great it is only that i spent more mony while i should have gotten the normal version.)

4) Simpsons: road rage ( ok game but i though it could use more levels and mission types.)

5) Conflict Zone by Ubisoft ( i bought this game and i am still banging my head for it. It is the most boring game i have ever played. I would even find the 70's version of paddle better then this.)

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:00 pm

Two for me: and these I didn't buy. both were presents!

Wario World: Oh yeah, this game got hyped. you know what? IT'S BORING. Wario has never been too fun for me... I've never really liked it, but... it's just me. and please... an evil Jewel? X_X and the music in some scenes is horrible. all it is: Wario going, "Ha ha, ha ha ha..."

James Bond, Agent Under Fire: Player's choice? :cry: oh god... It only took 10 minutes for me to get sick of this game. I can play Halo on Legendary difficulty fairly well, and I was dying like crazy on easy difficulty? why? the controls were HORRID. I died SO many times because I had pressed the wrong button. Honestly, I was ready to die after that... the game is just boring and has crappy controls. I'd rather rent almost all the FPS on GCN rather than buy them... I can't stand most of them.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Death_2004
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Death_2004 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:30 pm

James Bond, Agent Under Fire
I was actually planning of getting that. Hmmm maybe i need to reconsider.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:58 pm

Master of Orion 3: Boring, boring, boring! An absolute waste of a game.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:09 pm

The following were Christmas gifts from "well-intentioned" relatives when we first got our NES:

Total Recall - Oh my God. Never play this game. Please. You'll end up hurting yourself and possibly a few loved ones in agony and despair.

Back to the Future (part 1) - Wow. Horrid controls, a far-too-rapid timer, and repetitve "gameplay" really make this one a stinker.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Death_2004
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Death_2004 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:45 pm

Starscream wrote: Total Recall - Oh my God. Never play this game. Please. You'll end up hurting yourself and possibly a few loved ones in agony and despair.
LOL... Cracking up
That reminds me of anyother game.

3D space command ( don't get me wrong it had great graphics for its time and it looked great but the controls were something that you can literally have your fingers turn purple and die)

Mendoza
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Mendoza » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:26 pm

A little game known as
Kasumi NInja
One of the worst fighting games ever made for one of the worst systems ever made.
Thank god i only payed 30 bucks for it.

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:02 am

Um some Barbie game for the SNES. That was looong ago. Do I really need to explain why it was a bad idea? I think Barbie game speaks for itself. XD

I regret buying some more recent games/asking for them as a gifts such as-
Tomb Raider: The Last Revalation
Xenogears
Street Fighter EX 2
Kingdom Hearts

but I wouldn't say I totally hated any. I was playing them for awhile and/or actually got myself to beat some.

Ok how about Plasma Sword on Dreamcast? Probably one of the weakest fighting games I've ever played. Ridiculous looking cast of characters, except for Hayato. And the gameplay is so boring, and unoriginal. I felt this way about the right off the bat, unlike the others I mentioned. Good thing it only costed me 6 bucks. I've had many more bad experieces with rentals
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:40 am

LADY FLAME SNIPER GETS MINUS 100 COOL POINTS!!! :evil:

Xenogears is my favorite game ever......and Kingdom Hearts was awesome.......

Vagrant Story was a game that i bought that I didn't like. Dragon Warrior I, II, III and VII were all stinkers as well. I don't know how those games are so popular in Japan.

TBA

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:16 am

Dragon Warrior I, II, III and VII were all stinkers as well.
    I liked those games... granted I've only played I, II, and III... oh well. To each is own I guess...

oh yeah, another one:

Hot Wheels Crash. just a random game where you figure out what direction to aim your car so it destoys everything in a chain reaction. BORING.
    -Adam Picard-
    Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
    Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
    Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
    -Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
    -Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
    -The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Ni-ban Neko
    SMU Freak
    SMU Freak

Post by Ni-ban Neko » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:16 am

LadyFlameSniper: If you're looking to rid yourself of Xenogears, I'll happily take it off your hands - I've been looking for a copy for months now with no success.

I'm starting to regret asking for Kingdom Hearts myself. Don't get me wrong, the story and concept are really nifty and I've no fault at all with those.

But the game isn't for those who get motion sickness easily, like I do. I can't spend really extended periods of time playing it because the camera is so bad that it makes me ill, especially in Atlantica, where I am right now - I get a nasty headache and stomach queasiness within 20 minutes of starting!

I'd absolutely love the game if it didn't make me ill. ^^;
    Jen Graña ~ Ni-ban Neko
    LiveJournal ~ tw.net
    ~thank you for the avatar, Secret Santa <3~

--

Death_2004
    SMU Wannabe
    SMU Wannabe

Post by Death_2004 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:52 pm

Ni-ban Neko wrote:
    I'm starting to regret asking for Kingdom Hearts myself. Don't get me wrong, the story and concept are really nifty and I've no fault at all with those.

But the game isn't for those who get motion sickness easily, like I do. I can't spend really extended periods of time playing it because the camera is so bad that it makes me ill, especially in Atlantica, where I am right now - I get a nasty headache and stomach queasiness within 20 minutes of starting!

I'd absolutely love the game if it didn't make me ill. ^^;
    I know what you are talking about but for me it wasn't the worlds those where easy to do. It was the fact that in order to win you had to spend hours leveling your character up which to me is the main problem... To long...

Dinozore
    SMU Divine Fan
    SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:31 pm

Death_2004 wrote:I know what you are talking about but for me it wasn't the worlds those where easy to do. It was the fact that in order to win you had to spend hours leveling your character up which to me is the main problem... To long...
    In Kingdom Hearts? I never needed to level up except for that damn time limit mode in the Colosseum (>_< There is no way in hell I can beat the Hercules Cup in 3 minutes...). Otherwise, the leveling I got from bosses and random Heartless was plenty to see me through the game.

Now if you want to talk about having to level up your characters, that's my big problem with Dragon Warrior VII. Some bosses you need to level up literally for hours to beat (Gracos, you damn fish-man, I'm looking your way), and I hate doing that. I like games that let me do the minimum of leveling and still be able to beat the bosses...
    "Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
    "Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
    "Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
    "I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
    "To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
    "I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Sailor Moon
    SMU Fan
    SMU Fan

Post by Sailor Moon » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:39 pm

One day I rented Robtron64. I returned it the same day I rented it, about an hour later. It's more repetetice then me writting one of my long essays. Seriously.

TrebekCrow
    SMU Newbie
    SMU Newbie

Post by TrebekCrow » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:15 pm

AnimeGuru0 wrote:LADY FLAME SNIPER GETS MINUS 100 COOL POINTS!!! :evil:
    So I've lost like....1000 cool points from telling you how much I dislike Xenogears? I know I've said that a few times.

But I guess we're even, since I really like Vagrant Story.

Probably my worst purchase ever would be Strike Commander Deluxe Edition (circa 1996) it's an old DOS-based game that is nearly impossible to play because of the difficulty of flying the planes, especially the F-16s. I only bought it because it was made by EA, and I was/am in love with the Wing Commander series. Other notable stinkers include Redneck Rampage and Courier Crisis (what was I thinking?!).
    Stop squirming, you're making the procedure more difficult.

AnimeGuru0
    SMU Staff
    SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:10 pm

Dinozore wrote: Now if you want to talk about having to level up your characters, that's my big problem with Dragon Warrior VII. Some bosses you need to level up literally for hours to beat (Gracos, you damn fish-man, I'm looking your way), and I hate doing that. I like games that let me do the minimum of leveling and still be able to beat the bosses...
    Ugh.....don't remind me *Shudder*

And with Vagrant Story, I guess I just got it when it was WELL past its day of shining. It's hard for me to play old games that i've never played before (FFIV and FFV for example). I don't know why, it's just hard. But games like FFVI that I played when they were brand new I still love to this day. Weird.....

TBA

LadyFlameSniper
    SMU Divine Fan
    SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:55 pm

LADY FLAME SNIPER GETS MINUS 100 COOL POINTS!!!
    :( Yeah I didn't get into it... I think I said I didn't like Xenogears in another topic. I was surprised there was no recation from anybody :P

And sorry Ni Ban Neko. I'm not into selling games, even games I dislike. I'll regret selling them. I always have this gut feeling that I might give them a second chance. ^^ So yeah I might atually beat Xenogears one of these days

As for Kingdom Hearts the battle system annoyed me with those stupid camera angles. Most of the story and the original characters (non- Disney and FF) didn't do much for me. I beat it, but I was rather disappointed. I didn't complete most of the sidequests.

Dinozore
    SMU Divine Fan
    SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:07 pm

How far into Xenogears did you get, anyway? It took a while for me before I started getting really interested...
    "Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
    "Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
    "Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
    "I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
    "To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
    "I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

LadyFlameSniper
    SMU Divine Fan
    SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:28 pm

I'm pretty sure I stopped near the end of disk 1... I can't remember the exact part I reached

ParaKiss_Groupie
    ZOMFG 1337
    ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:18 pm

Final Fantasy Origins. I like playing the original Final Fantasy, but I didn't like what they did to the graphics and such. In fact, I hated the new image so much that I couldn't play the game.
    "I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
    --Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita