Love Hina

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:19 am

I think Naru is "hot" but I really dont like her attitude.

Personally I think Keitaro should date Shinobu instead. Well after she gets a little older that is lol
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Tiff wrote: I tried the manga. It sucked just as badly for me. I just couldn't get past like, the second book. I wanted to shoot Naru. It's hard to get into a story when the main character just irks you to no end.
Naru isn't necessarily the only main character. Keitaro is one as well. And i know, Naru can be a bitch, and near the end of the manga series, her punches and bitchiness can get EXTREMELY annoying, but if you look beyond Naru, there are so many more characters to take a liking to. Mutsumi is just awsome, especially with her love of, and wierd fascination of, watermelons and kotatsu's. Kitsune is just laugh that girl who makes you go 'tee-hee' everytime you look at her, especially with her[spoiler]so called 'closet' full of 'toys'. All we know is she has a rope in there... who knows what else :wink: .[/spoiler]Shinobu is that shy girl that has a kind and gentle soul [spoiler]until the end of the series when she becomes somewhat like Naru.[/spoiler]Motoko is, well, interesting if you like Inu-yasha. These characters are probably main charaters as well, eve though they aren't given as much screen time as Naru. All I can say now is that you don't have to like Naru, because if you push yourself to the point where you wont read or watch Love Hina because of her, then, in my opinion, you are missing some reall good, and funny things that the series offeres. (also the amazing art style:))
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:06 pm

sailor_moon_R wrote: Naru isn't necessarily the only main character. Keitaro is one as well. And i know, Naru can be a bitch, and near the end of the manga series, her punches and bitchiness can get EXTREMELY annoying, but if you look beyond Naru, there are so many more characters to take a liking to.
And I don't care for Keitaro. I don't care for "harem" type anime. It's not my cup of tea. They're annoying, usually.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:04 am

Tiff wrote:And I don't care for Keitaro. I don't care for "harem" type anime. It's not my cup of tea. They're annoying, usually.
Oh, I didn't know that.... I didn't really think of Love Hina as that type of anime/manga (I was always thinking of the manga in my head as i typed).... but to each his own :D
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:04 pm

sailor_moon_R wrote:
Tiff wrote:And I don't care for Keitaro. I don't care for "harem" type anime. It's not my cup of tea. They're annoying, usually.
Oh, I didn't know that.... I didn't really think of Love Hina as that type of anime/manga (I was always thinking of the manga in my head as i typed).... but to each his own :D
It's an anime/manga about a guy who rooms with a bunch of girls, many of which try to hit on/flirt with/get with him. That's like..the epitome of a harem-type anime, like Tenchi Muyo.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:22 am

are there any animes where it's the other way around, where a bunch of guys who live close to the main female character all flirt and try to get with her?

Hey, would Ranma1/2 be considered a harem anime since he has mulplie girls he is engaged to and want him?
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:15 am

Passions55 wrote:
Hey, would Ranma1/2 be considered a harem anime since he has mulplie girls he is engaged to and want him?
Eh, technically, I'd probably consider it one. Ranma 1/2 is one of the few "harem" manga I really like, and I don't even like the anime. Just the manga.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:42 am

Passions55 wrote:are there any animes where it's the other way around, where a bunch of guys who live close to the main female character all flirt and try to get with her?

Ouran High school host club, Fruits basket, Fushigi Yugi
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!