Love Hina

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Love Hina

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:32 pm

Wow, I'm surprised no one has made a thread about this great anime. Anyways, it's one of my all time favorites. I have seen all the anime and am now trying to get into the manga, which actually goes way beyond the anime. I think it's one of the best alternatives to Sailor Moon as far as humorwise and personality of character wise goes. Urashima Keitaro is like the male version of Tsukino Usagi ^^
(Voice done by Masako Nozawa)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:13 pm

I cannot stand Love Hina. I can sum it up right here:

Keitaro: *falls on Naru*
Naru: Oh YOU PERVERT! *KICK*
Keitaro: but..I'm in love with you!
Naru:...oh..i'm..so confused..
Keitaro: WAIT! You're not my dream girl! Maybe...SOMEONE ELSE IS! *ANGST*
Naru: Oh...i'm...so confused...
Naru: PERVERT *KICK*
Keitaro: I love you.
Naru: I love you too.
Naru: PERVERT *KICK*

Rinse and repeat.
I'm sorry, but I find it very bland, and quite literally the same idiotic thing over and over. I cannot STAND Naru.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:56 pm

Yeah, I do think it's pretty repetitive how whenever Keitaro does something perverted by accident like have his pants fall down, Naru ends up punching him, but I still find it funny. I like the manga much better than the anime because it's more in depth.

KariOhki
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by KariOhki » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:59 pm

The anime reminds me a lot of the Tenchi series, except instead of all of the girls loving the main guy, they frequently beat him up and get him into situations where he gets beat up. It's a funny series, I enjoyed watching it for the humor more than the story.

As for the manga, I like it better for the more in-depth story as well.

Anubi: Oh God.
Anubi: I just saw Mog/Terra hentai.
Kari: XDDDDDDDDDDDD
Anubi: My life is snow scarred.
Kari: ooooo, snow
Anubi: Oo, fun.
Anubi: SNOW SCARRED.
Anubi: WHOO.

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:27 am

I LOVE the manga. It was my second manga I ever picked up.

I find it 100% better than the anime, and I find myself never buying the DVDs. The characters look so wrong in the anime ><

I have all 14 volumes of the manga, and I say it was worth the money ^_^

[spoiler]I love how at the end of the 14th volume, you go into a few years, and you have the new girl, and then Keitaros and Narus wedding, it was so beautiful T_T And then he stood on her skirt and it fell off -__- So cliche.[/spoiler]
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:16 am

Bet you already know then that Masako Nozawa does the voice of Keitaro's grandmother Hina, ne, Chibi Son Gokou?

Anyway, my opinion on the Love Hina anime is that compared to the manga, there's lots of filler, repetitive dialogue, and far less character development. Oh, and much uglier character designs, especially Naru and Motoko, which make the sub-par character designs from Vision of Escaflowne look like they were drawn by Koge Donbo (DiGi Charat, Pita Ten, etc.).

The manga, however...great story, great humor, great art and character designs. However, it still went on FAR LONGER than it should have. Six or seven volumes instead of, oh, fourteen, would've been a much better idea.
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:36 am

Bet you already know then that Masako Nozawa does the voice of Keitaro's grandmother Hina, ne, Chibi Son Gokou?
Yep ^^

KevinTRod
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by KevinTRod » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:40 am

Oh the manga is so much better then the show is, it really is. The manga goes deeper with the character development, the story, and the time. The characters actually change over time in personality, goals, and slightly in appearance too, the manga has many surprising and involving twists that the show fails to bring up, and the ending in the manga is one of the best endings to a series ever in my opinion. It just wrapped everything up perfectly, making us glad we were on this great journey while reminding us that even though our time with the cast ends here, that we can be reassured that some things will never change. Although will admit the first couple books weren't anything special, but around book 4 is when the series started to hit its stride.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:55 am

KevinTRod wrote:Oh the manga is so much better then the show is, it really is. The manga goes deeper with the character development, the story, and the time.
I tried the manga. It sucked just as badly for me. I just couldn't get past like, the second book. I wanted to shoot Naru. It's hard to get into a story when the main character just irks you to no end.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

KevinTRod
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by KevinTRod » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:14 am

Tiff wrote:
KevinTRod wrote:Oh the manga is so much better then the show is, it really is. The manga goes deeper with the character development, the story, and the time.
I tried the manga. It sucked just as badly for me. I just couldn't get past like, the second book. I wanted to shoot Naru. It's hard to get into a story when the main character just irks you to no end.
Well I won't argue with you that the manga didn't get off to the best start, as for the first few books I don't really think anyone was really sure where the story was going. However Akamatsu started to find his groove in book four, book five the characters slowly started to change (Fot the better), and then in book six the story just takes off and stays strong for the rest of the books. And like I pointed out in my post the characters do change as the series goes on, and by the end of the series very few characters are the same people they were when the series started. "Love Hina" is a very good series, but I will admit the first few books weren't anything special.

momochanswife
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Love Hina!

Post by momochanswife » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:00 am

if you love the manga love hina, let me know because so far i dont see anyone who does. :D

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:17 am

The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Re: Love Hina!

Post by Tiff » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:17 am

momochanswife wrote:if you love the manga love hina, let me know because so far i dont see anyone who does. :D
Admin mode:

momochanwife:

Again, read the rules.

http://www.smuncensored.com/forums/rules.php#10

SEARCH for a topic before making one if you're unsure of its existance.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:18 am

::mod mode::
There is already a Love Hina topic. Topics merged.

Please research your subjects before starting a new topics. It's a bit tedious to go through old pages and threads to find a topic, but it saves the mods the trouble of having to hunt down old threads to merge. It's better to add to a discussion than to start multiple topics for the same thing. This isn't a reprimand, but a request.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Tempest wrote:It's a bit tedious to go through old pages and threads to find a topic, but it saves the mods the trouble of having to hunt down old threads to merge.

Just do what I do; click 'search' at the top of the page, and type in the name of the topic you're sure has been created more than once. Not tryin' to give you orders or anything like that. ^^;
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:31 pm

Neon Heart wrote:
Tempest wrote:It's a bit tedious to go through old pages and threads to find a topic, but it saves the mods the trouble of having to hunt down old threads to merge.

Just do what I do; click 'search' at the top of the page, and type in the name of the topic you're sure has been created more than once. Not tryin' to give you orders or anything like that. ^^;
I don't mind backlogging page by page. It's how I've always done it so I go with the more familiar.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Hobbes
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Hobbes » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:07 pm

I love Love Hina. My friend introduced me to it by giving me the frist volume of the manga. I've only got a few volumes but I'm trying to get more. I've never seen the anime but I'd like to get into it. Is it worth it?
I AM YOUR LOVE-LOVE GODDESS B[BLEEP]ES!
-Aino Minako from Suburban Senshi

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Uh, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
-Michael Scott, The Office

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Love Hina

Post by sailor_moon_R » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:57 pm

Hey, does anyone watch the anime Love Hina anime or read the manga, just curious :D

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Re: Love Hina

Post by Slrjoecool » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:16 pm

sailor_moon_R wrote:Hey, does anyone watch the anime Love Hina anime or read the manga, just curious :D
<MOD MODE>

sailor_moon_R,

PLEASE. Read the rules, and use the search feature of SMU before creating a new topic. This is the second time I've had to warn you about this. It took me 20 seconds top to find another Love Hina topic. Do NOT create another duplicate topic again.
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:58 pm

I like "Love Hina". It's funny and enjoyable (although, yeah, repetitive)

I can't comment on the manga as i've never read it.

I've never read any manga for that matter.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!