Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

User avatar
Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 2:01 pm
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Post by Rin » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Ok I really hope I don't come off the wrong way here.

Before I start, I would like to say that I am not homophobic, infact I do like to read some yaoi occasionally. What I have a problem with are the very annoying RABID Yaoi fangirls. And yes, I realize that not all yaoi fans are like that, some are sane and quite pleasant to be around.

Is anyone else here annoyed by them especially at anime cons? I'm talking about the ones that practically scream everytime two girls cosplaying male characters start making out. Or during a yaoi skit they'll be the ones screaming the entire time during it?

I find it especially annoying during yaoi cosplay skits the joke seems to be "LOLZ they're gay!" And you have several skits with that same concept. Now I think that's more homophobic than someone not liking that particular genre. And I personally don't want to see two little thirteen year old girls dressed as guys making out and humping each other on stage.

The worst are the ones that call you a homophobe for not liking their favorite pairing. Last weekend at a con, I said that I didn't think Naruto and Sasuke were gay for each other, and the girl I was talking to just looked at me and said "Why are you homophobic?" And I just said "No I don't like that pairing."

Anyone else feel the same way?

Sorry just had to get that off my chest.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

User avatar
Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:54 pm

Oh good lord yes.

As a yuri fan I encounter rabid yaoi fangirls all too often.

I really hate that fact that if you "dare" to disagree with anything they say then your either homophobic or they go completely apeshit and start LJ threads or myspace entries or whatever.

The worse are the rabid yaoi fic writers. I remember once I commented on how I didnt think Lupin and Sirius Black were a realistic yaoi couple and then gave evidence from the book to back up my claims and she acted like I just went into her house and started ripping up her stuff. She made an LJ entry where she verbally attacked me for being a "yaoi hater"

I try to avoid them as best I can and ignore them when I can't
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

User avatar
Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1149
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA.
Contact:

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:11 pm

I personally am not all that bothered by slash fanfiction in itself because technically, all fanfiction is unrealistic since only the original creator knows how the characters will behave in any situation. I'm only bothered by the fangirls who try to claim they have "proof" of their fanon couple but if the fangirls recognize the difference between fanon and canon, it doesn't bother me so much. But I feel the same about any fanon couple and not just slash fanfiction. *glares at overly-obsessed Tomoyo x Eriol fans*
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:36 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:
The worse are the rabid yaoi fic writers. I remember once I commented on how I didnt think Lupin and Sirius Black were a realistic yaoi couple and then gave evidence from the book to back up my claims and she acted like I just went into her house and started ripping up her stuff. She made an LJ entry where she verbally attacked me for being a "yaoi hater"

I try to avoid them as best I can and ignore them when I can't
THAT right there is why rabid fangirls in general annoy me. I like yaoi...but I despise "fanon" couplings of any kind, whether it's yaoi, yuri, or otherwise. I'm the kind of person who watches a series, and whatever happens is truth, end of story. Seeing people make up random couples that would NEVEr have existed for several reasons just makes my head explode.

It's one thing if, say, there was a small bit of hinting or maybe a "what if" kinda situation that's backed up by the hinting and such. Such as Seiya and Usagi. One could probably write a decent fic saying "what if Mamoru stayed dead, and Seiya and Usagi DID end up together?" Seiya and Usagi have history backed up by Seiya's love for her and Usagi's unsure feelings, etc. It's when people do things like randomly pair up Queen Beryl and Setsuna that make me go "WTFBBQ".

But just because I don't like something doesn't mean I"m out to kill that author or something, and rabid fans go NUTS if you mention that you disagree with their coupling and whatnot. x_X

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by Butterscotch » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:46 pm

What pisses me off about yaoi fangirls are how popular stuff gets just becuase it is yaoi without regard to actual quality.

At Smackjeeves (a webcomic hosting site) yaoi comics get literally dozens of fans, yet only have one page (and half the time that page isn't a comic page, but a filler showing one of the characters). How can you honestly judge how good a comic is by one page? Even if the art is pretty, comics aren't all about art. ¬_¬

There's a standing joke in the SJ community that if you want your comic to be popular, you just need to put BL on your comic's banner.

And you can't offer any criticism without being called homophobic.

User avatar
Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:30 pm
Location: Insane Asylum
Contact:

Re: Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:19 am

Rin wrote:Ok I really hope I don't come off the wrong way here.

Before I start, I would like to say that I am not homophobic, infact I do like to read some yaoi occasionally. What I have a problem with are the very annoying RABID Yaoi fangirls. And yes, I realize that not all yaoi fans are like that, some are sane and quite pleasant to be around.

Is anyone else here annoyed by them especially at anime cons? I'm talking about the ones that practically scream everytime two girls cosplaying male characters start making out. Or during a yaoi skit they'll be the ones screaming the entire time during it?

I find it especially annoying during yaoi cosplay skits the joke seems to be "LOLZ they're gay!" And you have several skits with that same concept. Now I think that's more homophobic than someone not liking that particular genre. And I personally don't want to see two little thirteen year old girls dressed as guys making out and humping each other on stage.

The worst are the ones that call you a homophobe for not liking their favorite pairing. Last weekend at a con, I said that I didn't think Naruto and Sasuke were gay for each other, and the girl I was talking to just looked at me and said "Why are you homophobic?" And I just said "No I don't like that pairing."

Anyone else feel the same way?

Sorry just had to get that off my chest.
>_>
<_<
I'm only like that around other fangirls I swear! But, really, why so much hate aboyt the yaoi fangirls..? Fangirls (or fanboys) can be like this in general. So, why do the yaoi fangirls get all the blame? Just a question.
I just don't like ones that attack people for not liking yaoi (unless they totally flame it for no reson), try to prove their coupling is the only one, and try top have proof. I honestly, don't care about how insane the couple is....its just fanfiction, not a work of art ^^;;

But, I'm not going to go OMFG HEERO AND DUO FOREVER!!!!11111 (I hate the couple, BTW D: ) Every single time I register on a forum. So I won't go rabit if you don't like it! I respect other peoples opinions.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

User avatar
yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:34 am

I generally don't have anything to say about what the author does, or writer in teh case of movies. I just accept it, and usually don't have much criticism. What usually scares me is... well, just... how crazy people get as previously said. It's like people who are completely obsessed with their dogs, they don't know when to stop, or even knowing not to say anything.

As for the content... *shudders* I'll be honest, yaoi and yuri scare me. But rabid fans for ANYTHING scare me as well. teh two combined mean that I'm running away in fear. That's generally why I avoid talking about Kingdom Hearts with people I don't know as well. (go ahead, tell me that everyone's straight. I'll laugh.) I'll avoid really anything like that... and if that's all someone can think about, or even consider... well, I'm gone.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

User avatar
Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 2:01 pm
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

Re: Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Post by Rin » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:12 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Rin wrote:Ok I really hope I don't come off the wrong way here.

Before I start, I would like to say that I am not homophobic, infact I do like to read some yaoi occasionally. What I have a problem with are the very annoying RABID Yaoi fangirls. And yes, I realize that not all yaoi fans are like that, some are sane and quite pleasant to be around.

Is anyone else here annoyed by them especially at anime cons? I'm talking about the ones that practically scream everytime two girls cosplaying male characters start making out. Or during a yaoi skit they'll be the ones screaming the entire time during it?

I find it especially annoying during yaoi cosplay skits the joke seems to be "LOLZ they're gay!" And you have several skits with that same concept. Now I think that's more homophobic than someone not liking that particular genre. And I personally don't want to see two little thirteen year old girls dressed as guys making out and humping each other on stage.

The worst are the ones that call you a homophobe for not liking their favorite pairing. Last weekend at a con, I said that I didn't think Naruto and Sasuke were gay for each other, and the girl I was talking to just looked at me and said "Why are you homophobic?" And I just said "No I don't like that pairing."

Anyone else feel the same way?

Sorry just had to get that off my chest.
>_>
<_<
I'm only like that around other fangirls I swear! But, really, why so much hate aboyt the yaoi fangirls..? Fangirls (or fanboys) can be like this in general. So, why do the yaoi fangirls get all the blame? Just a question.
I just don't like ones that attack people for not liking yaoi (unless they totally flame it for no reson), try to prove their coupling is the only one, and try top have proof. I honestly, don't care about how insane the couple is....its just fanfiction, not a work of art ^^;;

But, I'm not going to go OMFG HEERO AND DUO FOREVER!!!!11111 (I hate the couple, BTW D: ) Every single time I register on a forum. So I won't go rabit if you don't like it! I respect other peoples opinions.
Like I said, it's not all yaoi fangirls. The problem I have is that they're so vocal especially at cons. There have been times where big swarms of them have blocked hallways just to watch two guys make out. It makes it quite inconvienent if you really want to get through.

Yaoi fangirls out number all other types of fangirls/fanboys by a lot. It's to the point where I don't even notice any other fangirls/fanboys. If they weren't so obnouxious about their fandom then I wouldn't have made this thread. Thank god yaoi, yuri, and hentai paddles are banned from most of the cons I go too.

The only problem I have with yaoi fanfiction is that there is so much that it can sometimes be impossible to find a fanfic that's not yaoi related. To add to the annoyance, the stories are often pretty much the same thing with just minor details changed.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Re: Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Post by Tiff » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:20 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
>_>
<_<
I'm only like that around other fangirls I swear! But, really, why so much hate aboyt the yaoi fangirls..? Fangirls (or fanboys) can be like this in general. So, why do the yaoi fangirls get all the blame? Just a question.
Because it seems in the fanfiction and role-playing world, the yaoi fangirls seem to be the most insane about their damn fandom. I've had some bite my head off simply because when the last harry potter book came out, they didn't like some of the pairings that other fangirls came up with, and I pointed out that it didn't really matter because none of them are canon anyway.

I rarely see general fangirls acting this bad.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
KariOhki
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:30 pm
Location: FL
Contact:

Re: Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Post by KariOhki » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:58 pm

I agree, with how they seem to be the most annoying by the way they stand out and try to push their view on everyone else. My high school Japanese Club last year was 90% yaoi fangirls, and they even wanted a yaoi-themed day for the club. When a friend and I shot their idea down, they didn't seem to get why, and didn't seem to get that not EVERYONE is a yaoi fan (I'm not a fan, but I tolerate it. Yuri's my thing)
Rin wrote:The only problem I have with yaoi fanfiction is that there is so much that it can sometimes be impossible to find a fanfic that's not yaoi related. To add to the annoyance, the stories are often pretty much the same thing with just minor details changed.
That annoys me to no end too. It seems once a canon has two attractive men, they'll get stuck together and the girls/non attractive men are forgotten about.

Anubi: Oh God.
Anubi: I just saw Mog/Terra hentai.
Kari: XDDDDDDDDDDDD
Anubi: My life is snow scarred.
Kari: ooooo, snow
Anubi: Oo, fun.
Anubi: SNOW SCARRED.
Anubi: WHOO.

User avatar
Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1149
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA.
Contact:

Re: Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:15 pm

Rin wrote: Like I said, it's not all yaoi fangirls. The problem I have is that they're so vocal especially at cons. There have been times where big swarms of them have blocked hallways just to watch two guys make out. It makes it quite inconvienent if you really want to get through.
Aren't public sexual acts illegal or something?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Re: Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Post by Tiff » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:27 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:Aren't public sexual acts illegal or something?

..Um...Making out isn't illegal...o_O;

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:30 pm
Location: Insane Asylum
Contact:

Re: Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:45 am

Tiff wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
>_>
<_<
I'm only like that around other fangirls I swear! But, really, why so much hate aboyt the yaoi fangirls..? Fangirls (or fanboys) can be like this in general. So, why do the yaoi fangirls get all the blame? Just a question.
Because it seems in the fanfiction and role-playing world, the yaoi fangirls seem to be the most insane about their damn fandom. I've had some bite my head off simply because when the last harry potter book came out, they didn't like some of the pairings that other fangirls came up with, and I pointed out that it didn't really matter because none of them are canon anyway.

I rarely see general fangirls acting this bad.
It never really mattered...if a paring was canon or not,even amoung fangirls of normal couples. O_o Most yaoi fan couplings are non-canon anyway...I really don't see a big deal about couples being Canon or not, its JUST fanfiction, not a published novel/OT

I actually see NORMAL fangirls act 100x worse than Yaoi fangirls. Everywhere I go I see them going in straight out drama fests over who will marry Shessomaru, or Sasuke, or Toshiro (I HATE that little squirt). Maybe it dempends on where you go, but I've seen regular fangirls just as bad. I've seen regular fangirls bite my head off when I say I hate a certain charater (or LIKE one, because then they proceed to call me naughty names, and insist the charater loves only them)
Or maybe I'm only defending the fangirls because I am one of those insane, rabid monsters...
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Re: Annoying yaoi fangirls?

Post by Tiff » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
It never really mattered...if a paring was canon or not,even amoung fangirls of normal couples. O_o Most yaoi fan couplings are non-canon anyway...I really don't see a big deal about couples being Canon or not, its JUST fanfiction, not a published novel/OT
And that's YOUR OPINION. -_- Non-canon couplings in fanfiction/RP annoy me, and I don't like them. I don't know what else you want me to say on that matter. Some people prefer them, some people don't.
I actually see NORMAL fangirls act 100x worse than Yaoi fangirls. Everywhere I go I see them going in straight out drama fests over who will marry Shessomaru, or Sasuke, or Toshiro (I HATE that little squirt). Maybe it dempends on where you go, but I've seen regular fangirls just as bad. I've seen regular fangirls bite my head off when I say I hate a certain charater (or LIKE one, because then they proceed to call me naughty names, and insist the charater loves only them)
Or maybe I'm only defending the fangirls because I am one of those insane, rabid monsters...
Okay, good for you. But the topic of this thread is yaoi fangirls, so that's what we're discussing.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 2:01 pm
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

Post by Rin » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:19 am

I'd have to disagree with you QOH

I rarely ever see fangirls of het pairings act anywhere near as rabid as some of the yaoi fangirls I've run into.

The worst of the bunch are the rabid adults. I sometimes want to ask them if they seriously have anything better to do than to argue that their preferred couple is cannon.

Luckily this year at Ikauson, they put a rope around the yaoi in the skits. Last year it was so out of hand that people ended up complaining.

Here's a thread about people talking about it. The more anti yaoi people make a much better point than the fangirls. Go down to the first pink post and at about point three.

http://ikasucon.org/webboard/viewtopic. ... 8&start=30

And like I said, not all yaoi fangirls are like this. Just the very annoying rabid ones are. Some need to realize that not everyone is going to like what they like.

And I can't stand double standards that come along with it. Yaoi is hawt but yuri is so gross.

Female character bashing is another thing I hate. Since a het couple is cannon the female love interest get's bashed to hell and back for doing nothing but sharing a mutual with the male character that fangirls love to pair with another male character.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

User avatar
Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:30 pm
Location: Insane Asylum
Contact:

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:25 pm

I'd have to disagree with you QOH

I rarely ever see fangirls of het pairings act anywhere near as rabid as some of the yaoi fangirls I've run into.
Then maybe where I find fangirls are different where you see them, but I have seem fangirls act worse than the yaoi fangirls.I realize that I'm being off topic in defending them, and I know SOME are insane and rabid, I myself am one of them, and I relize how annying they are, but I don't think it is exactly fair that it is only them getting bashed.
And I can't stand double standards that come along with it. Yaoi is hawt but yuri is so gross.
Do you mean the yaoi fangirls do this..? o_O They don't....have to like yuri. Soem do some don't, its a matter of taste.
Female character bashing is another thing I hate. Since a het couple is cannon the female love interest get's bashed to hell and back for doing nothing but sharing a mutual with the male character that fangirls love to pair with another male character.
That, I hate aswell. I don't do it unless I have real resons to hate a charater.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:31 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Then maybe where I find fangirls are different where you see them, but I have seem fangirls act worse than the yaoi fangirls.I realize that I'm being off topic in defending them, and I know SOME are insane and rabid, I myself am one of them, and I relize how annying they are, but I don't think it is exactly fair that it is only them getting bashed.
Too bad? This is the point of the topic: Yaoi Fangirls. She can choose to only make the topic about that one type of fan. It isn't like she's aiming this at you personally. If you realize how annoying your type of fan can be, then for heaven's sake, stop being so defensive.

Do you mean the yaoi fangirls do this..? o_O They don't....have to like yuri. Soem do some don't, its a matter of taste.
She's not saying they have to like yuri. Her point is that they automatically judge yuri and yuri fans simply because it isn't yaoi, and therefore, it's "Gross".

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod
Posts: 953
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: Wootbekistan

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:22 pm

I'm not really a fan of yaoi, but a couple of my friends are fans, and they are perfectly sane.

That being said, the rabid ones are out there. I see a lot of them in Yuuhaku fandom, and they will pitch a fit if you don't agree with their pairings. I don't mind a few of the pairings (if the fic is written really well, I'll read it), but if you tell a rabid KuramaxHiei fan that you like HieixMukuro (a canon pairing), you will be mauled.

It's kinda funny how they think they can scare you by using lots of exclamation points.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

User avatar
Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1149
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA.
Contact:

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:46 am

Rin wrote:Female character bashing is another thing I hate. Since a het couple is cannon the female love interest get's bashed to hell and back for doing nothing but sharing a mutual with the male character that fangirls love to pair with another male character.
I can't stand it when yaoi fangirls do this. I think Gundam Wing fans are the worst at it. It's like every yaoi fangirl bashes Relena just because Heero x Relena is canon and not Heero x Duo. As much as I like Heero x Duo as an alternative coupling, I love Relena, too and I don't think she deserves as much hatred as she gets. And you would think that with a series as heavily male-influenced as Gundam Wing, Relena would be more popular with the female fans given how she's one of the most kick-ass female characters in the series. I also hate it when yaoi fangirls will label non-yaoi anime as yaoi. Like at a Tsubasa forum I used to post at somebody had posted links to scans of recent chapters of the Eva manga and everyone was jumping up and down and screaming about "ZOMG, Eva is becoming BL!" just because of one or two scenes of Shinji and Kaworu.

But just because Kaworu flirts with Shinji doesn't mean that Eva's genre is suddenly changing its target audience for having an ambiguously gay character in it, especially given that nothing ever happens between Shinji and Kaworu at all. But yaoi fangirls seem to do this with any anime that has even the slightest of BL hints in it. I get really annoyed when people when label DNAngel "yaoi" when it's a shoujo anime just because so many fans are Daisuke x Satoshi fangirls even though the series makes it clear that Daisuke is straight and his main crush is Risa. It gets even more annoying when some anti-yaoi fans refuse to watch DNAngel because they don't like yaoi and I get tired of explaining that DNAngel is shoujo, not yaoi. It gets even more annoying when even official American companies start labeling non-yaoi series as being yaoi. Like Tokyopop has been marketing Loveless as a "shounen-ai" manga but the series ran in a shoujo magazine in Japan, not a BL magazine, the lesbian couple in the series gets far more development than Ritsuka and Soubi, and Soubi and Ritsuka have even stated in the series itself that they are not a couple, they are "master and servant." Yet everyone keeps labeling Loveless as being shounen-ai just because Soubi kisses Ritsuka during battles and makes occasional flirtatious comments. But even the manga author Yun Kouga has stated that if it wasn't for Soubi being in the way, Ritsuka and Yuiko would probably be a couple.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

User avatar
the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:07 pm
Location: The Guard Room
Contact:

Post by the*blue*girl » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:08 pm

I'm a yaoi fangirl ^^ I consider myself sane, for the most part. I won't freak out if you don't like yaoi, I've never made threads or posts bashing people who don't agree with me, and I'll only kill you if you come at me hating my favorite pairings for no reason :P I'm kidding, I've killed no one. Yet. XD

I actually have a friend who's kinda one of those obnoxious in-your-face fangirls. I love her anyway, so when she freaks about stuff, I just tell her to shut up and get over it. But I can understand completly other people being annoyed by her. Yaoi fangirls can be pretty scary =D

Oh, and I love fanon. I will slash ANYTHING just for fun. And it's the best way to read classic lit in english class (MercutioxRomeo, anyone?) XDDD

But it gets really annoying when some fangirls are all like "OMG A GUY AND A GIRL?! THAT'S ZOMG WRONG!!!111!!!"
:roll:

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.



Locked