The Characters We Hate

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat May 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Lucy From Elfen Lied (ANIME VER)- I just think she was 'forgiven' alittle too much. I mean, because she has ner good side, she can be forgiven...? Also, Kouta was much more harsh on her in the Manga than in the anime
How did I miss this quote? I agree with you, Lucy never seemed to be satisfied, it was always kill kill kill! Even when people tried to be nice to her she killed them. Just because some evil organisation abused her as a kid and some little b*stards killed her puppy doesn't mean she has to kill everyone. It's not as if Kouta was the only person who was nice to her, she never gave anybody else a chance.

Kuzuha from I my me strawberry eggs. I started off liking this character but as the story proceeded to its climax I was ready to strangle her. She is such a Mary-Sue who was so innocent and sweet and perfect and the plot was focused on her and she could do no wrong. Not only was her dub voice excruciating but she just happened to save the day, surprise surprise.

Fukae from I my me strawberry eggs. What a mean b*stard. I was always a Fujio/Fukae shipper so it really made me angry when [spoiler]Fujio asked Fukae to be her boyfriend and he turned her down (fair enough) but the problem really came when he immediately asked Kuzuha to be his girlfriend after he rejected Fujio. Turn down one girl and ask her best friend out straight after.[/spoiler] SOB.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sat May 10, 2008 7:22 pm

Mamoru (anime version BSSM): I love manga Mamoru so much! He's sweet and shows a really loving side to him. You can see the romance they have is wonderful. Anime Mamoru is such an annoying guy. I'm not going to even go there about the whole R arc break up garbage....that was just stupidity on his part that he should still be apologizing over. I just don't like how he always seems so indifferent, like he would rather be somewhere else. Would it hurt the man to act like a caring boyfriend once and a while? The dub is even worse to him. He sounds even more insulting.

Sailor Mars (anime dub): I can tolerate her in the original just fine. Yeah she's annoying, but she really does care about her friends, so I let it slide. But in the dub she's a cold heartless girl. Frankly it's too hard to watch.

Chibi-usa (anime dub): I love her in the manga. Like her in the anime. wanna give her away to the enemy in the dub. She can be bratty, but the dub just takes it to a whole new level. Why is it that characters just can't seem to keep their personalities when they are being translated?

Yui (Fushigi Yugi): Miaka is a pain, but not nearly to the point that Yui was to me. This girl can't seem to learn to listen. I agree, all she does is whine and complain and get angry that Miaka left her and is involved with the man she has a crush on and blah blah blah... And it takes her forever to see that the man who supposivly saved her is lying. Like no one could see he was evil??? I think she must have been holding some grudge after Miaka ate her lunch or something.

Chris (Miracle Girls): It's not that I hate him, but he just got annoying with all his "I can't tell Mika my feelings" baloney. "I'm always making her sad" Stupid, she's sad because you won't tell her you love her, Idiot!!

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Sat May 10, 2008 11:06 pm

Ranma: from Ranma 1/2. I've been watching the anime recently and normally I hate Akane and her hysterics and I feel sorry for Ranma for having to put up with her but really I'M STARTING TO UNDERSTAND THE GIRLS FRUSTRATION WITH THIS BOY! Ranma can be a sweet heart it's true but often times he is just a dick. Now I know Ranma's lack of tact and sensitivity is part of his charm but really I'm getting increasingly more and more annoyed with his mouth and attitude. And I'm getting tired of his "I got to be the most macho man" angst. I was ready to floor Ranma when he made his "other" fiances declare their love for him just so he can feel like a real man. I know he has the issue of his father promising his mother to make him a "man among men" problem trying to feel more manly by leading on his other fiances and making them declare their love even if it might hurt the girl you actually have feelings for is fucked up. in short Ranma as a character is annoying.

Akane and Ranma as a couple: The relationship between Akane in him consists of insults, Akane getting mad, him feeling sorry, then getting close and then both denying they have feelings for each other. Lather, rinse, repeat. After several episodes of the same formula you really start to wish death on them.

Kagome: from Inuyasha. She started out cool but she really started to bug me as the show/manga progressed. How many times does she have to see Kikyou show up and Inuyasha react to her before she realizes he still has feelings for her? She became a bit too trigger happy with the "sit" thing with inuyasha. I still like Kagome I just think her character got short changed in the development department.

Kikyou: from Inuyasha. I have come to be a huge fan of Kikyou I love her to death and I think she is very misunderstood. She has alot of characteristics that I like. She is smart, gentle, elegant, powerful, confident, independent, and poised. But I still have some mingling resentment of her. I feel she shouldn't have been added to the story...at least not at the same time as Kagome. I feel as though Kikyou's presence stole Kagome's thunder, after all this talk of about Kagome being the reincarnation of a powerful miko that demons feared I thought that Kogome was going to evolve into something like her past self and be something awesome. Then Kikyou gets resurrected and Kagome is permanently put into Kikyou's shadow and falls into the cookie cutter role of "the love interest". Kikyou stole that from her! Also I was never to found of the high handed way she acted toward Kagome. She was always throwing these "tests" at Kogome to see if she would save her or not of if she would let her die. Who is Kikyou to judge Kagome's character? Pretty much Kikyou acted like Kagome was obligated to put up with her and rescue her when she was in trouble and make the compromise when she breezed on to the scene and stole inuyasha's attention, but never felt like she had to do the same. It was like Kikyou wanted Kagome to accommodate her just because Kikyou was dead and Kagome wasn't. For all of Kikyou's greatness there is no denying that Kikyou was an arrogant and subtle bitch to Kagome.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

This Side of Paradise
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by This Side of Paradise » Tue May 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Hopposai from Ranma 1/2: He drives me nuts, I can take one episode with him in it, but if it's more than one I can't. And I couldn't never really stand him in the manga either.

Chibi-Usa from Sailor Moon: The reason? Her two english voice actors, I couldn't stand them! I warmed up to Chibi-Usa in the original, her seiyu doesn't bother me. But I hate it when magical girls don't have actual attacks. Sending out hearts and kisses really bother me sometimes. Usagi doesn't bother me as much as the little spore does, but for the love of Benji I just wished she had actual attacks like the rest of the Senshi.

Mamoru Chiba: Sailor Moon: Yes, you have to a large jerk to do that to a person. Dumps her after having a dream and then feels like shit because of it? Damn, I think my younger brother would have beaten a guy up for if that ever happened to me or my sister, before she got married herself.

P.S. Her husband's a nice guy. :)

Seiya Kou: Sailor Moon Stars: I don't like him, I'm sorry I just don't. He drives me up the wall to be honest.

Sasuke: Naruto: He drives me nuts to no end.

Team Rocket: Pokemon: It was funny the first few times that they tried to capture Pikachu, now it's just boring. And Jessie's hair style always drove me nuts, there's no amount of dippity-doo nor hair spray that could make your hair stay like that. I know it's just a anime, but her hair bothered me years ago, and it still bothers me.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own. Adam Savage.

Adam: I think this is the strangest position I''ve ever been in on this show.
Kari: [quietly] Notice how he qualifies it with "on this show".

MythBusters.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Tue May 27, 2008 9:07 pm

This Side of Paradise wrote:Team Rocket: Pokemon: It was funny the first few times that they tried to capture Pikachu, now it's just boring. And Jessie's hair style always drove me nuts, there's no amount of dippity-doo nor hair spray that could make your hair stay like that. I know it's just a anime, but her hair bothered me years ago, and it still bothers me.
You would probably like this comic then. XD
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Madison (CCS Dub)-Wow, the dub butchered her character up badly, they made Tomoyo (who's cute in the original) all valley girl.

Meilin(CCS Dub)-*sigh*, the dub made her seem like a big bitch. In the original, she isn't that bitchy, she has her funny moments. But the dub made her seem like a bitch throughout the whole series.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

This Side of Paradise
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by This Side of Paradise » Wed May 28, 2008 6:45 pm

MarioKnight the linky was funny. :D

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Wed May 28, 2008 10:13 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:Madison (CCS Dub)-Wow, the dub butchered her character up badly, they made Tomoyo (who's cute in the original) all valley girl.

Meilin(CCS Dub)-*sigh*, the dub made her seem like a big bitch. In the original, she isn't that bitchy, she has her funny moments. But the dub made her seem like a bitch throughout the whole series.
your so right about Mei Lin in the dub

a good example is in the episode with the maze card where right when they get trapped in the maze she says "This is your fault Avalon." to sakura. In the sub there is no line there. Why do they have to add a line into the show that wasnt there and is totally uneeded
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:21 pm

Yea, in the original Meilin was just scared when they were all trapped in the maze card.

I also didn't like what they did to Shaoran's character, I haven't gotten too far in the original series but I remember that in the dub he was meaner and at time a bit cockier than his original counterpart.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:59 pm

Fujiko from Lupin the third. I actually think she is a cool character and I like how she rival Lupin in almost every field he excels at and I like how smart and sneaky she can be--but, I really hate how she is portrayed as being something of a slut who sleeps with any one and uses her sex appeal to get what she wants. I also don't like how she betrays Lupin all the time. She really goes over board with the lies and deciets she pulls on Lupin and others. I mean I know that half her appeal is that you never know what she is going to do next or if she is going to save you or double cross you but sometimes her schemes are down right depraved and malicious, and I can't like her to much for that.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Happosai (Ranma 1/2): He was funny for about 5 minutes, after that it was just sad.

Mamoru (Sailor Moon): I just never like him, he just a jerk in my eyes and he treats Usagi like a little kid. Although his manga version is a little bit better I still don't like him

Leon (Kaleido Star): Never like him from the beginning, and any attempt to redeem him fell short.

Crocodile (One Piece): Now I know he's a villian and we are suppose to hate him, but to destory a country just to gain something that may or may not exist is beyond cruel.
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.