The Characters We Hate

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

The Characters We Hate

Post by Panda » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:14 pm

What character irritate you so much that you could just strangle them?

For me, it's Mihama Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh. Granted she does add alot of the humor that comes from my two favorite characters (Tomo and Yukari) but her by herself and her fan base... errr... I hate Chiyo.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:27 pm

I always say there's not enough hate in the world. ^_^

-Itsuki Koizumi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. He's so self-righteous and "I know more than you" to Kyon. At least Yuki has her gentleness and Asahina has her moe.

-Himuro Izumi from Princess Nine. Stuck-up and bitching everyone out for not playing well when she can't play worth a damn.

-Nagaoka Shiho from To Heart. Or as I call her, "The She-Ho." Whiny and demanding, I don't know why the others are friends with her.

-Dejiko from Di Gi Charat. Actually, this is more of a manufactured hate, like hating a sports team because they're the rival of your team. Since I like Rabi~en and Pyocora so much (I managed to find a poster of just them!), Dejiko falls by the boards.

And if we're including manga, Yomeni Kamon from Battle Royale, because he's a rapist and a murderer and a bureaucrat. (And as the joke goes, how does he tell his family about being a bureaucrat?)
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:30 pm

Shinji from Evangelion. He's weak, whiney, emo, and he's just plain useless in my book. I despise useless characters.

Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi. This is Miaka in a nutshell:
"I don't want to hurt anyone anymore, so I'm going off by myself!"
*Gets captured and almost raped*
"HELP, TOMAHOMEEE!!"
*gets rescued*
"I-I..I DON'T LOVE YOU."
*Tomahome leaves*
"WAIT I LOVE YOU DON'T LEAVE MEEE. TOMAHOOOMMEEEE!"
*Tomahome kisses her*
"..I'm going off by myself!"
*cycle continues*

So much hate.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:38 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:-Himuro Izumi from Princess Nine. Stuck-up and bitching everyone out for not playing well when she can't play worth a damn.
Awesome, I'm not the only one who thinks her playing sucks. She's up there on my list too.

The only one that came right to mind after seeing this topic was Primera, the fairy who follows Lantis around everywhere in Magic Knight Rayearth season 2. She is so annoying and so useless. It's as if her only purpose in the anime is to o anoy the hell out of viewers. >.<
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:03 pm

... I think the scariest thing about me with anime is, I never really take a massive dislike to characters. New Hong Kong Beltorchika in Zeta Gundam... ... DIE YOU CLINGY BITCH. Otherwise, she's a good character. 0_o; Only in certain situations, I guess...
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:17 am

I couldn't hate any anime character, I just don't get to like some of them ^^° Let's see:

The whole cast o Love Hina, since it's a manga I'm not fond of. The characters are silly. Keitarou is incredibly whiny and submissive, Naru does the thinking AFTER she went after Keitarou. It's just one silly action after the other and it got on my nerves pretty quickly.

Berry from Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode: She's a generic random character who doesn't even deserve to be the heroine in this stupid sequel to Tokyo Mew Mew. She doesn't have any characteristics who really stick out .__.

Akito from Fruits Basket (manga): I don't like Akito even if (s)he had a tragic past. He did too much terrible things to win my sympathy back.

Tomo from Azumanga Daioh: She's too hyperactive and she tries way too hard to be funny. But she doens't disturb me as much as the other characters I mentioned. ^^°

Minako from Sailor Moon ^^°: After the first season, I would have thought that she kept her mysterious (and serious attitude). Guess what? Eeeeeh, wrong! I couldn't STAND her, I tried, but it didn't work. She lost way too much brain cells, especially when she was two-timing once. (I guess you all know which episode I'm talking about) Nooooo further comment -_-

I got to like Chibi-Usa more, because of her Japanese and English voice. ^^ She's still a spoiled brat, but she can be sweet at times. Same goes with Sailor Mars.

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:45 am

Me neither. ... To be truthful, I don't really hate ANY character. ^^;;;

But I can't stand the freakin Regi's from Pokemon! Regice, Registeel, and Regirock.
Yes, I'm so mean for hating an entire 'species' (well, they're ROBOTS...) but it's the VOICES. And the flashing and the arm-waving-thingy...
'OONT OONT WHIRRRRRR BIPBIP BEEEPBEEEEPBEEEEEEP!!!!!!'
It SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME.

Regice has the most normal voice. ... Out of the three Regis anyway. 'REEEEE-giiiii-gii... AAAI- RE-RE- GIIIII AIIII~~S!!!!!!!'
Registeel and Regirock are still the freakiest, though.
... And I can't believe those things have SEIYUU. O_O; Yes, their voices got manipulated by comptuers, but STILL. Freaky as hell.

So it's more of characters that SCARE me, then me hating them. ... But I still hate 'em for scaring me. xD;
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:48 am

Kasumi wrote:Akito from Fruits Basket (manga): I don't like Akito even if (s)he had a tragic past. He did too much terrible things to win my sympathy back.
Aa! That reminds me of two I forgot, both from Furuba:

Honda Tohru. There's a big difference between being a genki girl and being perpetually happy. I get the feeling that if she was lobotomized and became a smiling catatonic, no one would notice.

Sohma Hiro. Yeah, how about Soma Villain. He takes complete advantages of Tohru's doormat nature. I don't know who you blame more, the person-user or the usee.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:26 am

Squall from Final Fantasy 8.

I just dont like his attitude about everything.

I understand where hes coming from but it still irritates me to no end.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:01 am

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:Squall from Final Fantasy 8.

I just dont like his attitude about everything.

I understand where hes coming from but it still irritates me to no end.
This is for Anime and Manga.

I hate Tea of of Yu-Gi-oh. With power of friendship We can do anything! Yeah Right...
Last edited by Alexclow345 on Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:33 am

Isn't it just Tea though that goes completely overboard? Anzu just did said as many friendship speeches as the other characters. Yugi probably said more then Anzu.

Or do you mean JUST Tea?
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:57 am

Actually, the only 'Friendship' and 'Heart of the cards' speeches, I'm pretty sure they were only in the dub. I may be wrong, and if I am, I'll edit my post.

Hm... of other annoying characters... the little kids that appear in Gundam and Zeta Gundam... in MSG, Katz, Letz, Kikka... and in Zeta Qum and SHinta... there isn't a point to them in the certain seasons. I like Katz in Zeta, but otherwise, they're kinda useless.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:09 pm

I just meant Tea. My post is edited.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:15 pm

Someone else hates Primera too? Thank You!! I couldn't stand her. I wanted to rip her wings off. Course Makona annoyed her, so I got justice.

The three snobs on Boys Over Flowers. I just want to slap them around whenever I see them in the manga or anime. Those girls are so irritating.

Cherry and Ryuunosuke's father on Urusei Yatsura. Cherry eats everyone out of food and is hardly any real use and Ryuunosuke's father keeps trying to make the poor girl into a boy and constantly makes her life a living nightmare. He makes me sooo annoyed.

I liked Miaka, but I do agree she could be a bit of a pain with all her constant eating and running off.

course the anime version of Chibi usa also kind of made me want to strangle her too on occasion.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:08 pm

Miaka (Fushigi Yuuigi)- So annoying and whiny, and spoiled. Probably my least favorite anime character of all time.

Naru (Love Hina)- What a bitch! She always complains about how childish Keitaru is when she is millions of more times childish that he is! Thank God Kanako gave her a piece of her own medicine, if only she did so more often. Keitaru really needs to up his standards.

Ichigo (Tokyo Mew Mew)- Ok, I guess it's not so much her fault but the anime focused way too much on her and put the other Mew Mew's in the background. There was a whole string of episodes where she was the only one who attacked. She's better in the manga though.

Masaya (Tokyo Mew Mew)- Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too perfect.

Erika (Imadoki!)- What a brat!

C-ko (Project A-ko)- Am I the only one who gets a headache everytime she walks on screen?

Torhu (Fruits Basket)- I'm more bipolar towards her. Usually I'm ok with her, but sometimes her sweetness just gets to me.

Mihoshi (Tenchi Muyo TV series only)- I liked her in the OAV's but the TV series just made her way too annoying. Poor Kiyone.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:17 pm

Ikari, Shinji from Neon Genisi Evangelion: So whiny... I mean I can understand being stressed and have had a fucked up life but... you can't break down EVERY SINGLE TIME...! Lord.

Ryo-Ohki from Tenchi Muyo: I don't really hate her any more, but as a kid I despised her. With the 3rd OVA out I find myself disliking the humanoid Ryo-Ohki a bit to.

Chiba, Mamoru from Sailor Moon: Sorry guys, Mamoru is boring and a loser. He's a Japanese Ken Doll.

Crystal from Roseanne: (Sorry... non-anime... I'll make a thread about it later) She's whiny and annoying. Thank god she disappears.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:09 pm

I highly dislike Quiche from Tokyo Mew Mew, the only thing that keeps him from dragging into pure hate is that he makes a good villainous mental punching bag. Of course, in this case it might be that the fangirls annoy me. I honestly don't see what the appeal of a guy who wants you at all costs is. I would much rather have Masaya if I were Ichigo (and if I wasn't, he might make a good friend for me). I cheer for Ichigo when she shoves him away.

Basically, to know why he bothers me, you can take everything I dislike about Seiya and multiply it by about 3 or so, and take away most of the things that redeem Seiya in my mind. Compared to Quiche, Seiya is Saint Seiya! (pun intended)

It does help (or doesn't?) that he's named after a food I hate, too.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:59 am

Naraku from Inuyasha. I hate regenerating villains, and he's a particularly egregious specimen (not as bad as Cell or Buu from DBZ, but he's close). And he killed my two favorite characters to boot...

Also Sasuke from Naruto, because he's a fucking IDIOT. Also Orochimaru and his twisted little underling Kabuto, both of whom are annoyingly difficult to kill.

While I'm at it, Usagi and Chibi-Usa from Sailor Moon. Not so bad on their own, but when they're together... ugh. No wonder I hate SuperS, eh?

Also, Nina Purpleton from Gundam 0083. Way to stab the main character in the back, and after subjecting us to all your bitchiness and that god-awful relationship development for most of the series at that. God, one of the few times a woman in UC Gundam doesn't get killed off and it's the one you want to die...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:21 pm

Dinozore made me think of Naruto, which made me think of Sakura.

Good GOD what a useless character. In all the episodes I saw, she did ONE useful thing. She's bitchy, annoying, whiney, and just stands in the sidelines of just abuot every fight, cheering on Sasuke. I cannot stand her.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:45 pm

-Yui from Fushigi Yuugi. Rather than Miaka, this is the one I can't stand. She's such a whiney dumbass, I can't stand it.

-Presea from the second season of Magic Knight Rayearth. [spoiler]I know they had to bring her back somehow, but really, it annoyed me how the Magic Knights NEVER found out that Presea was actually dead. It also ruined one of my favorite scenes in the second season, when everyone was in the hot bath inside Cephiro Castle and someone (maybe Umi) noticed the scar above her breast. Before it was explained that this was justa birthmark that distinguished her from her sister, I thought it was supposed to be a breast implant surgery scar. *sigh*[/spoiler]

-Misao from Peach Girl. She's not just a lonely school nurse who complicates things, she's a FAT school nurse.

-Rocker Nana from NANA. Um, she gets way too much screen time. Cute Nana is more interesting.

-Three Lights from Sailor Moon Sailor Starlights = okay, sure. Three Lights = no effing way.