Your Anime Treasures

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Your Anime Treasures

Post by Aya Reiko » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:42 am

This is a thread for posting about what you consider your anime treasures. Well, not exclusively anime... gaming's good too. I'll let you define "treasures" too.

Anyhoo...

My newest acquire...

Saber Bath Towel (Moeee~!)

I'll post more as I get around to getting pics.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:07 am

Well, my anime treasures are my..

Cutie Honey TV series boxset
Shin Cutey Honey Complete Pack

It was hard getting the money, and trying to track these down. But damn, was I happy when I finally got 'em. Cutie Honey is my favorite series, and Toei did an excellent job with DVDs.

Another great treasue would be my Limited Cutie Honey figure set.

I won it at eNerGy 2004. ^___^

Although, I treasure all my Cutie Honey goods, those are my favorites. :D

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:15 pm

My anime treasures:

-The entire Sailor Moon series, plus the specials
-The Ninja Scroll TV series, all 3 DVDs
-Final Fantasy X-2 DVD
-Variable Geo
-My Fake manga collection

I have a lot more, but I truly treasure these the most.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:32 pm

My babies:

My Slayers Next Boxset. I have all the boxsets, but this was my first, and it's my favorite anime/season EVER. I adore it. Derek bought it for me at one a-kon, when it was for sale for like 80 bucks. I wanted it, and he said we didn't have the money...after I stormed off, he whippedo ut his cell phone, and called my mom. He told her he was going to buy this for me as a gift, and did she want to include herself in it? She said yes, grab it, and the sweet dear spent ALL OF HIS MONEY for the con on it. He hid it from me, gave it to my mom, and my mom gave it to me before she moved. ;___; *clings to her boxset*

Sailor Moon R Boxset. I don't care if the audio is poor quality, etc. I love it, mainly becuase Bob bought it for me so sweetly, when I didn't have the money to.

My Sailor Saturn Resin model Made for me by a friend for Christmas...she's lovely, and I adore it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:39 pm

My entire Tenchi Muyo collection. In my collection:

Tenchi OAV - The Ultimate Edition
Tenchi Universe boxed set
Tenchi in Tokyo Vols. 1-8 (BTW, all of you critics of this series can just stick it! :P )
Tenchi GXP Boxed set
Mihoshi Special/Pretty Sammy OAV 1-3
Magical Project S 1 and 2
All three Tenchi movies
Various Tenchi CDs (the original Japanese CDs, not those Hong Kong bootlegs; they're also my pride and joy)
The character design books for Tenchi OAV 8-13, Tenchi Universe 1-13, Tenchi in Tokyo, Pretty Sammy OAV 1-2, Magical Project S, and Tenchi in Love
No Need for Tenchi manga
The Toynami Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka poseable dolls
Pictures of Ryo-Ohki and Haruna (Tenchi Forever), autographed by Debi Derryberry (who voiced both of them)

The original Macross TV series (the original Japanese version)

Escaflowne (The Limited Edition boxed set)

Armitage: Dual Matrix (the lunchbox Limited Edition)

Akira (the tin box Limited Edition)
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 pm

My only preciousssssssssses are my reprinted Japanese Sailor Moon mangas (Vol. 1-12) and the two original Codename Sailor V comics I snagged. They're dear to me because I bought all of them at once in Tokyo last year and lugged them around in my bag for the next two weeks. I was constantly worried about them getting damaged (and there was also the fact that they took up a lot of room and prevented me from carrying some other stuff). The bag they were in also had my water bottle and I was worried that they'd get damaged (Vol.1's cover got a little water on it ;_;)

They also are all first editions (except for 1-3) and have their stickers. Although I didn't discouver that 4 and 5 had stickers until a few weeks after my trip.

Oh, and originally I bought non-sticker second editions of vol. 6 and 9, but the owner of a store I was at was kind enough to let me exchange them for first editions at no cost ^_^.

Yeah, that's my story >_>
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:38 pm

I've lately realized that Starscream is my favorite Transformers character, and while the franchise isn't exclusively anime, there are some series with Japanese origin, so I feel posting about this would work here, too.

Up first, a whole bunch of Starscreams. In the back row: Starscream from Transformers Energon, Starscream from Transformers Armada, and Energon Starscream/Nightscream Reverse from Transformers Energon/Superlink. Middle Row: Mega SCF Starscream, Toys 'R Us Reissue Starscream from Transformers G1, and Robot Masters Starscream. Front Row: Heroes of Cybertron Starscream, Smallest TF Starscream, History Collection Starscream, MyClone Starscream, SCF Micron Legend Starscream, and McDonald's Transformers Armada Starscream.

Next up, we have Super Starscream, from Transformers Cybertron. For size comparison, MyClone Starscream is sitting on one of his fists. He's THAT FREAKING HUGE. I would have included him with the others, but my photograph-taking skills suck, and the little ones all appeared more out of focus in those shots.

My greatest treasure, though, is a poster with this art from the third artbook. I lost my original copy of the poster, but a friend was kind enough to get me a second through e-Bay. The print says it's limited to 1000 editions, but I somehow doubt that; nonetheless, it's my most precious piece of anime memorabilia, and the last thing I would part with if I ever had to get rid of all my stuff ^^
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:37 pm

I'd say my Utena stuff because they weren't easy to find.

OST 4 Geneon finally released this over here. Where's OST 3?
OST 5 I laugh at everyone who bought the bootleg and only got one CD.
OST 7 Even though only three tracks appear in Utena, I'd say this CD has the best music.
Utena Real Doll Here's a picture of the doll out of the box along with the CD and card.
Chiho Saito Gallery A CD-ROM with a bunch of Saito's artwork.
Movie Psotcards I and II
Juju Artbook
Utena Movie Program This was given out at the Utena movie premiere in Japan.
This is Animation Artbook
Last edited by Kameko on Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:07 pm

My beloved Sailor Moon SuperS uncut series boxset. ^^
And of course, my Haibane-Renmei series boxset. -nod-

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:39 pm

>_< *bashes head* how could I forget my most treasured of anime stuff. My Sailormoon roleplaying toys. I love these things and wish they still made them so I could get more. I have:

-My cresent moon jewelery box (which I recently realised looks like Sailor V's compact).
-My Prism power/Crystal Power brooch
-My Star Locket and plays the theme song
-My Cutie Moon Rod
-And my most treasured one, my cresent moon wand, which my parents looked for, for eight months and bought me the second they found it. I will never, EVER part with it.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

~Suicide Kings

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:53 am

My beloved anime treasures are all of my Sailor Moon boxsets. ^_^
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:20 pm

Well aside from my obivous attachment to my BSSM anime, my "treasure" so-to-speak would have to be my Sakura Diaries Collector's Edition, I'm pretty partial to this series.

James

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:25 pm

peachvampiress wrote:>_< *bashes head* how could I forget my most treasured of anime stuff. My Sailormoon roleplaying toys. I love these things and wish they still made them so I could get more. I have:

-My cresent moon jewelery box (which I recently realised looks like Sailor V's compact).
-My Prism power/Crystal Power brooch
-My Star Locket and plays the theme song
-My Cutie Moon Rod
-And my most treasured one, my cresent moon wand, which my parents looked for, for eight months and bought me the second they found it. I will never, EVER part with it.
zomfg. You have so many cute SM toys. The only "toys" I have is the Sceptor thing from R, and the crystal power brooch.

;_; I want a Cutie Moon Rod.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:04 pm

Mine is my Hello Kitty tote bag laden with anime pins. I have on it: Petit Charat, Kaede the AnimeUSA mascot, another Puchiko, Sailor Moon, Chii, Dark Chii, White Mage, another Chii, Sailor Mars, Chiyo-chichi, Sailor Pluto, Tuxedo Kamen, Kiki, Sailor Jupiter, Sumomo, a Sailor Uranus and Neptune combo, Utena, Kamineko, yet another Chii, Sailor Venus, NecoConeco, Sailor Mercury, Hamtaro, a Luna and Artemis combo, and Sailor Chibimoon.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:15 pm

Tiff wrote:zomfg. You have so many cute SM toys. The only "toys" I have is the Sceptor thing from R, and the crystal power brooch.

Isn't the Spector from SMR the Cutie Moon Rod?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:56 pm

Umino wrote:
Tiff wrote:zomfg. You have so many cute SM toys. The only "toys" I have is the Sceptor thing from R, and the crystal power brooch.

Isn't the Spector from SMR the Cutie Moon Rod?
..I thought the cutie moon rod was the thing from SuperS..maybe i'm wrong? Hell, I never could keep those names straight.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:40 pm

Cutie Moon Rod is R. Kaleid-Moon-Scope is SuperS.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:06 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:Cutie Moon Rod is R. Kaleid-Moon-Scope is SuperS.
Oooh. Well, then. I DO have a cutie moon rod. XD I want a Kaleid-Moon-Scope.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:43 pm

Tiff
zomfg. You have so many cute SM toys. The only "toys" I have is the Sceptor thing from R, and the crystal power brooch.

Thanks ^_^. I almost sold them a few years ago at a garage sale, but the night before it I said "You know what, screw it, I'm keeping them".

If you can order stuff off ebay, I'd use it because I've seen lots of broochs and scepters there for somewhat reasonable prices.

~Suicide Kings