Powerpuff Girls--the ANIME!

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:58 pm

I believe both the Simpsons and South Park have been dubbed into Japanese (wonder if there are any Japanese purists who prefer watching them in English...) already...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:25 pm

yamijounouchi wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote: Hopefully, this show will actually have a plot. I used to like the American PPG cartoon at first, but then it got old because there wasn't any storyline, so hopefully this show will turn out to be good. I hope this gets a U.S. release or will be fansubbed.

my feelings exactly.

hmm.... they're dressed funny.... anyhow, i'm not sure who said that about american shows being translated in japanese, but i agree. i would love to see a japanese version of hi hi puffy ami yumi (given that there already isn't one). also, the simpsons! :D
Actually, I have several friends in Japan. The Simpsons was never dubbed or translated officially, though there are probably fan dubs/subs available. A soft drink called CC Lemon does have a Simpsons licence for their commercials though. Please refer to the Favorite Commercials thread for details on that.

To make more on topic, like I already said, I'm excited for the anime. I hope it turns out to be a better version, though it's still based on an American concept.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:54 pm

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by yamijounouchi » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:42 pm

that last picture gives you a much better idea of what they look like. i like buttercup the most.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:02 pm

yamijounouchi wrote:that last picture gives you a much better idea of what they look like. i like buttercup the most.
Buttercup's design is still my least favorite. Bubbles is my favorite. I think she's adorable. *_*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:34 pm

They look soooo cute! *_*
They look older in this anime version though...That could be interesting...or very disturbing!

Sailor Moon S
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sailor Moon S » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:57 pm

Wow. All I can is that this looks very amazing. However, I do not believe this the first time the Japanese have made a American cartoon series into a anime.

Sexy_Sakura
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sexy_Sakura » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:56 pm

I completely and totally want to see this Anime PPG! Is it going to come to US/Canada? That would be killer.

Also, does anyone else find that Buttercup kinda looks like a boy? Maybe that's just me. But I agree with everyone else when I say her new look is disappointing, when compared with the other two. Blossum looks so pretty, and Bubbles so cute! Buttercup just looks kinda butch...lol

Cheers

Sakura_Gal
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sakura_Gal » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:17 am

O_o Ya, she kinda does look like a boy. I like blossom and bubbles better.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:29 pm

Well, Buttercup was also pretty masculine in the original. That doesn't surprise me.

Vagabond
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Vagabond » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:42 pm

(Looking at Tiff's first picture of the Powerpuff girl poster)
Maybe I've been reading too much Powerpuff girl online doujinshi, but doesn't that guy at the bottom of the poster look a lot like Dexter?
If you just see the leaf, you'll miss the tree;
If you just see the tree, you'll miss the forest;
To see everything, effortlessly, that is what it means to truly see.

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:50 am

Supposedly he replaces Professor Utonium in this series.

I've also heard that Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup aren't even related in the PPG anime, but that could be just fans talking.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:47 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else found the video clips, but for those of you who havn't seen them, I've discovered (actually, they were pointed out to me) a transformation and attack sequences on the site.

http://ppgcom.gooside.com/ppgz/ppgz_transformation.html
http://ppgcom.gooside.com/ppgz/ppgz_attack.html

They are a good size, so it may take a few minutes to load. And you need Quicktime. ^^
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:50 pm

I hope somebody makes higher quality files of those clips because it looks interesting but the clips are very staticty, so it's hard to hear the seiyuu. Buttercup's seiyuu sounds kind of strange to me from what little I was able to hear of it, though.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:23 pm

ADORABLE.

Buttcerup is fucking annoying. I already hate her voice. >_>

But bubbles and blossom..<3!

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sakura_Gal
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sakura_Gal » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:29 pm

And I get to see it before most of you! :twisted:

Sexy_Sakura
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sexy_Sakura » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:59 pm

Tempest wrote:I'm not sure if anyone else found the video clips, but for those of you who havn't seen them, I've discovered (actually, they were pointed out to me) a transformation and attack sequences on the site.

They are a good size, so it may take a few minutes to load. And you need Quicktime. ^^
Thank you for that! I hadn't seen it before, and aside from the poor quailty/sound issues, it was a nice teaser!

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:38 pm

Sakura_Gal wrote:And I get to see it before most of you! :twisted:
That means it's your job to capture it every week and sub it for us. >P
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Sakura_Gal
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sakura_Gal » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:45 pm

Okay! I will try!

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:45 pm

Tempest wrote:I'm not sure if anyone else found the video clips, but for those of you who havn't seen them, I've discovered (actually, they were pointed out to me) a transformation and attack sequences on the site.

Thanks for posting the clips! That is just adorable! I really look forword to this!