Peach Girl

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:28 am

Since there was a topic already created for Peach Girl I merged the two.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

sailor53
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by sailor53 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:35 pm

According to Anime News Network Funimation has licensed the anime.
Funimation Licenses Peach Girl (2006-09-23 11:30:00)
At Anime Weekend Atlanta today, Funimation announced that they have acquired the license for the 25-episode Peach Girl tv series. They plan to release the first volume in the first half of 2007, it will be a 6 disc release (5/4/4/4/4/4).
Remember, every downhill has its uphill.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:25 pm

That's good news; I hope it does well. Not that I am going to buy it. >_<

I wish they would animate Peach Girl Reverse.

*Eternal Moon*
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by *Eternal Moon* » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:14 pm

About two weeks ago when I was taking a small vacation in Gerogia, I was waiting in line at Borders to purchase Tokyo Mew Mew and I decided to pick up the first volume of this series because the back story sounded very interesting. After reading it, I'm so glad that I decided to pick it up! Although I've only read the first book (I picked up the second volume today), I think Peach Girl is gonna be one of my favorite series because I absolutely love it! I've already recommended it to my friends and I can't wait until it comes out on DVD! :D

*Eternal Moon*
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by *Eternal Moon* » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:38 am

Have any of you read Sae's Story? I haven't but if any of you have, is it worth getting?

sailor53
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by sailor53 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:57 pm

*Eternal Moon* wrote:Have any of you read Sae's Story? I haven't but if any of you have, is it worth getting?
I have volume 01. I think its really good so far. If you like the original I'm sure you'll like this.

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:22 pm

The first two volumes are now available for pre-order:

Peach Girl V.1
Peach Girl V.1 w/box
Peach Girl V.2
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:36 pm

Sae's Story was pretty good. It's interesting to get inside her head a bit and try to understand her. I'm waiting for Volume Two to come in at the library.

You know, i forgot that Peach Girl was an anime too. I really want to see that!

sailor53
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by sailor53 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:47 pm

Kameko wrote:The first two volumes are now available for pre-order:
Peach Girl V.1 w/box
Peach Girl V.2
I've got to pre-order these. Apparently this is going to be a monthly release like Rumbling Hearts is. I can't wait.

*Eternal Moon*
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by *Eternal Moon* » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:12 pm

So I finally picked up the first and second volume of Sae's Story today and I am loving it so far. I only read the first volume but from what I've seen already, it looks like this Peach Girl sequel might be just as good as the original. I've always worried that sequels won't be as good as the original but seeing things from Sae's perspective is very interesting and I like what I'm seeing. I wonder if an anime will ever be made for this? But anyways, I'm so excited that Peach Girl is officially going to be released in the U.S on DVD! I saw some of the episodes on youtube (which is VERY toned down from in the book, lol. But hey, it's for t.v so they have to do it I guess) so I'm definetely anticipating it's release. *starts counting down the days*

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 pm

I'm also glad that they are releasing Peach Girl. I decided to download the fansubs after remembering a friend of mine saying that she enjoyed it. I would like a picture of the purse. I was glad that Momo[spoiler]ended up with Kairi. Toji was too dense for my liking. I wanted to slap him.[/spoiler]
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

*Eternal Moon*
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by *Eternal Moon* » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:34 am

Here's a pic of the bag with the DVD and book that are coming in the set. You can't see too much of the purse but I'm definetely going to get it either way since I can never have too many purses, lol. Plus, it's Peach Girl so I want it either way.

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:11 pm

I just saw the first volume of the Peach Girl anime. It was sooo good. It really supassed my expectations. I can't wait to see the rest of it!