Peach Girl

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

moondvd
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Peach Girl

Post by moondvd » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:03 am

Has anyone read some of the series, Peach Girl? It is an excellent series. It circles around Momo. It's kind of a bout a 3way love triange between Toji and Kiley. The author has aextremem talent when she draws the characters. I think she draws a little better than Naoko! THe series is excellent and I can't wait until next month when the next manga comes out. By the way, has anyone read the Japenese version? If so, tell me who Momo stays with!!!
We all have a star in our heart. As long as the stars shine, we can still have hope.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:03 pm

I've been meaning to pick this up for a while. Does anyone else see an un-canny resemblance between the main character (I don't know her name) and the manga Utena?

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:22 pm

I read the first volume. The story was pretty interesting.
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

FoxFire
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by FoxFire » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:57 pm

I read the first volume of the manga a while back. I thought it was interesting, but it never registered enough for me to follow up with it. I think my library has it though, may I can start with volume 2 from there if I ever remember.
Fox

"You''ll regret being so damn abusive when the electric UFO gods transphase in from Dimension 10 to appoint me Manager of the Universe."
--The Drummer

"We share a culture, same vernacular/Love of physical humor and time spent alone
You with your penchant for spontaneous advents/For sticky unrests to be unearthed and then gone"
--Alanis Morissette

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:09 pm

I've read Peach Girl 1-8, as well as Peach Girl: Change of Heart 1-4. I love it! It's such an interesting story! The characters are great! I get really involved with them. For instance, there was a time in my Algebra 2 class when I started yelling out in the middle of class "Sae! I hate you! You stupid heffer bitch! Die!" Thankfully, my teacher was out of the room. It was so embarassing!
I've been meaning to pick this up for a while. Does anyone else see an un-canny resemblance between the main character (I don't know her name) and the manga Utena?
Momo (the main character) kinda looks like Utena, but I think that's it. They don't have a lot of similarities to me.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

marspeach
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by marspeach » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:48 pm

I liked Peach Girl ever since I found out about it from Tokyopop. But then it just started to get, I don't know... repetetive? Just when things are looking good for Momo, Sae screws things up... again. I stopped reading it after "Change of Heart" volume 2. I really like the artwork still, though.
I am a loser!

Jed-kun
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jed-kun » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:17 pm

I LOVE PEACH GIRL!!! I've only read #1 but I want the rest sooo bad. 1)I don't have money, 2)my stupid book store dosn' have #2! 1, 3-6, and Change of Heart, butnot #2! Plus they put them in the Teen Section, mixed feelings about that. Anywho, it's a really good story that I would recomend to EVERYONE!
Nothing sucks like a Jed-kun - The "sloganize" web site.

(After Scott shoots Logan through a window)
Beast: What's this all about?
Emma: What do you think? Superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy... and I still rate below a corpse. ::storms off in a huff::
- from Astonishing X-men #1

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:57 am

I've read Peach Girl up to Peach Girl: Change of Heart Vol. 3. I really like the story. Sae just really bothers me. The girl never learns. I used to think Momo would be best with Kiley, but now I don't know who she'd be better paired with. I can't wait for the next volume. Library only gets it so fast, unfortunately. :cry:

Sailor Moon
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor Moon » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:35 pm

I love the Peach Girl series. I love how all the guys look great. All fo them. Goro aka Jigoro and Ryo aka Ryou are very hot and so are Toji and Kairi. I can't even decide who's the hottest. Ueda's great at making guy candy. Toji's a sweetie and he has such a carign heart. Sae is evil and reminds me of this horrible girl I knew in real life. However, I hate Sae in all the volumes, in volume 13 I actually felt sorry for her, which was weird since I hate Sae so much, but volume 13 showed a compeltely different side to her that you can't help but feel symphathy, even though she is awful and I hate Sae. I love all the guys. Ryo aka Ryou and Goro aka Jigoro and Toji and Kairi are all extremely wonderful guys. They are all such realistic characters just like tons of people I know.
Usagi and Mamoru are my favorite couple ever. Usagi and Mamoru forever!

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:42 am

Oh man, I just read Change of Heart vol. 5. It was just....woah! If i hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would have totally not believed it. Sae is actually a human with emotions that are normal!!! It was just a cool volume. I keep rereading it because I just can't believe it still. I hope the next few volumes are just as awesome.

By the way, Kiley is just plain stupid and Momo deserves a guy who will love her instead of having conflicting emotions all the time. Some guys just really need to grow up.

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by yamijounouchi » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:54 pm

i absolutely love this manga. it is probably my favorite. for the people who said they only read #1, i seriously suggest you continue, peach girl gets better with every volume. i just wish i could read change of heart, but the library's collection goes like this: 1-7, change of heart. i have no money to get #8, oh well...
"those with the least to smile about seem to be the ones that laugh the most. the lips smile, but the eyes reveal the truth." --- me

LilEva
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by LilEva » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:49 pm

I just saw the anime. You can download the first episode via BitTorrent (there's a link on Animesuki). It's really good! I haven't read the manga, but I really like the main character and the romance and comedy are great. The guys kind of remind me of the guys on Prince of Tennis, haha. Can't wait to continue this series.

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:05 pm

I haven't read the manga, even though I saw it on the store shelves for ages. It sounds interesting though, so I might get into it.

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:59 pm

I was quite addicted to the manga this past summer, but I can't find that last volume! *weeps* I wanna read it!

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by yamijounouchi » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:11 pm

there's an anime!? since when? is it new? i can't download it, though. my computer's been broken for months, infact, i'm at school right now. :x oh well, someone please tell me how it is....
"those with the least to smile about seem to be the ones that laugh the most. the lips smile, but the eyes reveal the truth." --- me

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:23 pm

Butterscotch wrote:I was quite addicted to the manga this past summer, but I can't find that last volume! *weeps* I wanna read it!
I finally got the last volume. ^_^ Worth the long wait!

momochanswife
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

peach girl

Post by momochanswife » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:26 am

:D Who dosent like peach girl? But if you dont, dont answer. Anywayz, i like peachgirl becuze its really funny and entertains me. if you feel the same let me know

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:35 am

The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

momochanswife
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

peach girl

Post by momochanswife » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:40 am

YAAAAAAY!!! :D im not the only one who loves peach girl!!most of my friends thought it was some kind of sex manga or something :!:

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:03 am

I was mostly pointing out the fact that you're supposed to post in that topic, not to create a new one. I think it says in the rules somewhere that you're not supposed to make duplicate topics.

(I'm not trying to act as a Mod, but if I am, one of the Admins or Mods can tell me so I can shut up. ^^;)
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL