Favorite voice?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Fri May 14, 2004 6:52 pm

And according to IMDB, Lisa has no experience writing. (Just check http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0525873/ )
I can't say that was a shocker.

Japanese:

Kotono Mitsuishi: Its so damn cute! ^^

Fisheye: I can't remeber seiyuu's name..

American:

Tracey Moore: I just love the way it sounds. Too bad she only did like 4 episodes -_-

Susan Roman: Yay! I love her voice, it so suited to Mako-Chan ^^
Last edited by Umino on Sat May 15, 2004 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ni-ban Neko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Ni-ban Neko » Sat May 15, 2004 12:29 am

Back on topic...

I like Tomizawa Michie's Rei a lot. She does such a good job at showing her softer side, and she was just amazing in the last two episodes of the first season.

Mitsuishi Kotono pulls off Usagi so well - both the ditziness and the soft side. Plus, she sings well - I love Sawai Miyuu's portrayal of Usagi to bits, but she can't sing well at all. ^^;;

I love Souichi Tomoe's voice actors, both of them. I've got to hand it to his dub actor - he did a great job at capturing the character.

To be totally honest, I like Stephanie Beard's Chibiusa better than Araki Kae's. Araki Kae is a touch too nasal for my liking.
Jen Graña ~ Ni-ban Neko
LiveJournal ~ tw.net
~thank you for the avatar, Secret Santa <3~

--

Stephen Victor
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Re: Favorite voice?

Post by Stephen Victor » Sat May 15, 2004 6:54 am

Japanese:

Katsuki Masako, Michiru: It's a lovely voice, very soft, gentle and elegant. It's very beautiful to listen to.

Tomizawa Michie, Rei: Cute voice for Rei, very fun and sassy.

Hotaru's voice actress (I don't remember he name:) Very nice, soft and gentle voice.

American:

Tracey Moore, Serena: It's a cute voice, very perky and high-pitched, suits her well.

Katie Griffin, Raye: Sounds sassy, suits Rei well.

Emilie Barlow: Again, suits Minako well.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat May 15, 2004 12:40 pm

Megumi Ogata-Haruka: So much emotion and strength. She makes the most dramatic scenes tear jerkers [spoiler]remember in S when she shot her own heart crystal out :cry: [/spoiler]

Yuuko Minaguchi-Hotaru: She was just amazing as Saturn and Mistress 9. As Saturn, she sounded so small, yet so powerful.

Keiko Han-Luna/Beryl: I prefer her voice for Beryl. She made her sound so young and pretty (unlike the dub which made her sound like an old hag).

Akira Ishida, Toshio Furukawa, Ryôtarô Okiayu-Fish Eye, Hawk's Eye, Tiger's Eye: The Trio are one of my favorite villians, and their seiyuu make them sound funny and creepy at the same time.

Blarg, their's too many seiyuu for me to list so I'll just go onto the Dub voices

Tracey Moore-Serena: So cute and young. Pretty much what everyone else has said.

Sabrina Grdevich-Pluto (R season):Okay, so she sounds a bit like a valley girl in real life, but she is an amazing actress, and I love her Pluto in R. I don't know why the voice director made her sound stupid in the movies.

Dub Mimette (Don't know her voice): I didn't like her Japanese voice. I thought her dub voice fit her better.

And although I didn't like her voice for Serena, I feel that an honourary mention should be given to Terri Hawkes. She is an amazing actress in live action shows, and I think that she should have done Luna's voice, but of course the voice caster was too drunk to notice how perfect she would have been. Oh well.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Sun May 16, 2004 6:56 pm

Dub Mimette (Don't know her voice): I didn't like her Japanese voice. I thought her dub voice fit her better.

If I remember correctly, Mimete's VA was Susan Aceron. Same person who did Pluto's second voice, Hotaru, Mistress 9, Snow Kaguya, Himeko, and perhaps others.. [/quote]
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:55 am

I really only know the Japanese voices, so I'm gonna talk about them.

Mitsuishi Kotono:She can so fun, and so ditzy, yet she can melt your heart, wondeful actress, however her singing leaves a little something to be desired sometimes, but Usagi is not supposed to great singer, so nothing wrong with that.

Fukami Rica:I love her ditzy voice for Minako, it fits her so perfecty, and I love her singing the best ouf all the senshi

Those are my two favorites, but I love all the rest too!!!

Ayane
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Ayane » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:47 am

Kotono Mitsuishi is my favorite seiyuu ever in anything. Han Keiko also gets a very honorable mention.

As for the dub, it's Terri Hawkes (Serena), Stephanie Morganstern (Mina), and Sara LaFleur (Amara).

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:16 pm

Favorite Japanese Voice actors: Kotono Mitushi(Usagi/Sailor Moon) Does the high pitched squeals very well, and can talk as fast as The Flash can run! :wink:

Aya Hisikawa(Ami/Sailor Mercury) The lady can sing! :) :) :) :) :) :)

No favorite dub voice actors at this time.
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:49 pm

Kaioh Michiru: Typical classy lady voice. Me love! :D
Tsukino Usagi: Hyper as hell... and just as cute!
Mizuno Ami: Very soft-spoken. Almost like how I speak sometimes. ^^;
Tomoe Hotaru: (see the entry for Mizuno Ami)
"I want to go back to believing in everything and knowing nothing at all..."
~Evanescence, "Field of Innocence"

"I love you."
"WHAT!?! What did you say!?"
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"
"*in a whisper* Olive juice you too!"
~Stewie and Brian, Family Guy, "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou"

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:23 am

Mine are by character for the dub ones.

Original:
Araki Kae/Chibi-Usa-sama: Well, not only is it cute and distinctive, but I can somewhat imitate this one, I think. (and it helps that she's my favorite character)

I can't think of many others that I could call favorites from the original, I like almost all of them, really. I also find myself paying more attention to what they're saying (basically, learning the Japanese) more than thinking about who my favorites are of the original voices. But for the dub, I do have some specific favorites, mostly because I find it easier to pick out certain voices anyway since I already know the language fluently, of course. All my dub favorites are from Cloverway, by the way.

Rini-Err...I just know that it's one that I liked enough to imitate sometimes too. Or maybe I just like it because of WHO it is, maybe?

Serena-It's so funny, and I can imitate it and like to do so. Great goofy voice.

Amy-I'm not sure why, but I like it.

Raye-Well, I like the way she says "Sereeenaa!" when she's yelling at her.

Finally, I don't have an absolute favorite voice, I don't prefer the dub ones or the Japanese ones over each other. I find that I can't really compare them too well anyway since they're in completely different languages. I do like the Japanese version of the anime better, but like the dub on it's own terms for the hilarious bad dialogue and funny voices. It's also fun to make fun of it. But if I'm going to usually choose which to watch, I'll watch the original, though I don't dislike the dub or anything.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Baby_Joe1014
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Baby_Joe1014 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:08 am

Of course it has to be Sailor Moon, I love her voice

My sister loves Tuxedo Mask's Voice

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:39 am

::checks for spiderwebs...spends an hour making the thread look clean and pretty::
Hmmm...this is a tough question for me, i really adored all of the voice acting in sailormoon, but I think these would be my favorites:

Singing:
- Hino Rei's seiyuu
- Mizuno Ami's seiyuu
- Galaxia's seiyuu (although, for me, her singing was an acquired taste.)
-Aino Minako's seiyuu

Speaking
- Usagi's seiyuu (I don't like how high pitched her voice is, but she can do such a range of emotion that I have to admire her. The scene in episode 172 when Chibiusa disappears is simply priceless. The show wouldn't have been the same without her voice-acting.)
-Michiru's seiyuu- the voice just suited the part so well, and it sounded very natural, not high pitched, very elegant
Nehelenia's seiyuu- the voice, again, suited the part very well. Her seiyuu did a very good job of sounding like the creep that we all know and love. =^_^= Her screaming sounds very natural as well.
- Galaxia's seiyuu- Wow. Just wow. Her laugh is honestly what got her on this list. It just sounds so perfectly evil.
-Professor Tomoe's seiyuu- MUWAAAHHAAHAAHAAAHAAAAAA!!! Do I need to say more?
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

jadoo
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by jadoo » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:31 am

For the English version:
Susan Roman (As Makoto Kino Furuhata)
Susan Aceron (As Hotaru Tomoe & Setsuna Meioh)
Loretta Jafelice (As Diana)
Ron Rubin (As Artemis)
Barbara Radecki (As Michiru Kaioh Tenoh and Ikuko Tsukino)

For the Japenese version:
Keiko Han (As Luna and Sage Beryl, I actually think her voice should have been done in the English series)
Kotono Mitsuishi (As Usagi Tsukino Chiba)
Chika Satamoto (As Yaten Kou)
Yuko Minaguchi (As Hotaru Tomoe)
Aya Hisakawa (As Ami Mizuno)

Blackat
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Location: The only place where you can find Kangaroos in your backyard.

Post by Blackat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:16 am

Keiko Han: Oh I love her as Luna so much. The way she says "Usagi-chan..." when she has a *sweatdrop* moment is priceless! But I really loved her in the S movie - when she starts crying when she wants to save him (trying not to give away too much here), it's just so powerful. It made me cry.

jadoo
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by jadoo » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:22 am

Her voice would have been better off as Luna's. The one she had in the dub made her sound like a Mary Poppins-esque person.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:14 am

jadoo wrote:Her voice would have been better off as Luna's. The one she had in the dub made her sound like a Mary Poppins-esque person.

....Què? o.O
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:38 am

People alway say she sounded like Mary Poppins, but we shouldn't forget that Mary Poppins was actually a young woman who sang beautifully.
We all go a little mad sometimes.

Authorized
Service
Shop

Nihongo ya furansugo ya supeingo ya eigo o benkyou shimasu.

Cresento beam showah ! Mars flame snipah ! Silbah mun crystalu pavah kiss !

The Card created by Sakura, abandon your old form and reincarnate under the name of your new master, Minako !

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:08 pm

I'm in love with Haruka's Japense voice... I don't know why (since anyone who has been watching the DeathMatch can tell I'm not a huge Uranus fan...) but it just sounds so nie to my ears. But then again, I have a thing for lower-voices on girls. I think it's very unique.

In Englsih I kinda liked Rei's and Artemis' voices.... when they weren't being exagerrated they fit nicely.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:05 pm

My faves:

Kikuko Inoue -- Would later reach mega-famedom by playing Belldandy by using the same voice. Sadly her range (she does have some range) by using the same voice for 90% of her roles.

Aya Hisakawa -- Another voice who has stood the test of time.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

jadoo
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by jadoo » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:29 pm

I meant he voice sounded like she was a nanny.