Favorite voice?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Artemis
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Favorite voice?

Post by Artemis » Wed May 12, 2004 8:58 pm

I'm just curious, since BSSM has a lot of great voice talents in the show, which is your favorite?

EDIT:

Original:

Megumi Ogata (Haruka): Wow. It's so perfect for Haruka-san! I love it.

Artemis' voice: SQUEE!!! I love Artemis, and his voice fits him really well. :P

Mitsuishi Kotono (Usagi): So very, very cute. It's really childish and immature when it needs to be, but it can also be very serious and beautiful ("If a soldier's pride means hurting one another, then I don't want it," ...SOB).

Kaorinite's voice: Ahhh, I loved it. It fit the chick villain part so well.

Dub:

Susan Roman (Lita): Heh, she had a great voice. It was cute and feminine, but also very tomboy-ish.

Artemis' other voice: SOOOO cute. ^^

Queen Beryl's voice: Awesome. Totally awesome.

(I've finally seen some of the Japanese episodes, happy day! ^^;;)
Last edited by Artemis on Fri May 14, 2004 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even more than the spacious sky and the sea
My dreams have no limits
I have realized that because I am in love
~Tomizawa Michie, Eien no Melody

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Wed May 12, 2004 9:39 pm

First, the original:

Minako (Rika Fukami): She can do such a wonderful range of emotions, and her signing voice is REALLY good.

Beryl, Galaxia, Wiseman/Pharaoh 90: So evil. So very, VERY evil. And in that order, in my opinion.

Dub:

Malachite: I don't know his VA right off the top of my head, but IMO he's a bit better than his Japanese counterpart. He plays the role of the bad guy so well, and displays his emotion toward Zoycite with such passion that you'd swear the actor was really in love with her.

Rubeus: I started watching the show with the R season, so his was one of the first voices I heard; it was a good one. Very cool, collected, with a touch of lunacy. To this day, my second favorite villain because of his performance in English.

Lita/Jupiter: People say she sounds like Peppermint Patty from "Peanuts", but I always thought her accent was cute ^^;
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Wed May 12, 2004 10:11 pm

Pharaoh 90
Starscream, Pharaoh 90 never talks. the one talking in that scene is the daimon that takes over Professor Tomoe's body.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Wed May 12, 2004 10:12 pm

I'd have to go with Sailor Mercury/Ami's voice, Hisakawa Aya. It's very soft and comforting, fits her character perfectly. Also Zoicite's voice, Nanba Keiichi (Thanks always, Doi-san), was great because he was a lover and a fighter all in one. I've also just learned right now that he was also the voice of Umino, which is a little scary.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Wed May 12, 2004 10:30 pm

yoshmaster5 wrote:
Pharaoh 90
Starscream, Pharaoh 90 never talks. the one talking in that scene is the daimon that takes over Professor Tomoe's body.
That should have been Death Phantom, not Pharaoh 90 ><;;
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Wed May 12, 2004 11:04 pm

Mine is Usagi's for acting, Rei's for singing. Usagi's is so cute ad totally captures er personality. Most of the senshi have good acting voices though. I always thought that was one of the best things about the anime.

Rei's singing voice is really beautiful and can be sexy too (listen to Flame Sniper and Sire Soul Love).

There were other non-senshi charactrs with good voices too, such as Rubeus, Ail, and Ann (funny I don't like those three but I love their voices).

For the dub, I don't know... There were some decent ones but I couldn't pick out a favorite.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed May 12, 2004 11:16 pm

Ogata Megumi- Haruka: It's wonderfully sexy, with just a hint of masculinity in it, but enough femininity too. It's beautiful.

Kotono Mitsuishi- Usagi: It's cute, insane, and dramatic all rolled into one. I love the hyperactivity in her voice, along with the softness.

Galaxia's Voice Actress: Powerful, bold, and damn, she's got a set of singing lungs on her.

Seiya's Voice Actress: I love the arrogant, sarcastic tone behind it, but also the seriousness of it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

marspeach
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by marspeach » Thu May 13, 2004 5:15 am

Ogata Megumi- Haruka. But NOT for singing.

Mitsuishi Kotono-Usagi. I love how high-pitched it is.

Shinohara Emi- Makoto. It's lower than the other girls' but still really feminine.

Niiyama Shiho- Seiya. Smooth and velvety. Great singing. Rest in peace.

Horie Mitsuko- Galaxia. I just recently saw Stars and she's amazingly evil with a great voice.
I am a loser!

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by yamijounouchi » Thu May 13, 2004 6:06 am

i like the way usagi's va can change her voice to fit usagi's mood quite drastically.
"those with the least to smile about seem to be the ones that laugh the most. the lips smile, but the eyes reveal the truth." --- me

doodlebuguk
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by doodlebuguk » Thu May 13, 2004 11:43 am

I would have to choose Han Keiko as I think she is does an amazing job as Luna. It's definately my favourite voice in the series. It's cynical, cute, and cat-like all at the same time. :)

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Thu May 13, 2004 12:12 pm

Seiyuu:

Mitsuishi Kotono (Usagi) - see above comments.

Inoue Kikuko (Sailor Aluminum Siren) - she gives Aluminum Siren that cute, ditzy voice that fits her so well.

Han Keiko (Luna) - I loved the arguments and minor squabbles she had with Usagi in the first season of Sailor Moon. Too bad Luna barely talks after the R season..

Takato Yasuhiro (Artemis) - he sounded serious when he wanted to be, and hilarious when he had to as well.

Furuya Tohru (Mamoru) - see above comment.

Ogata Megumi (Haruka) - dislike the character, love the voice.

Favorite dub voices:

Tracey Moore (Serena) - far and beyond the best Serena. Very cute.

Ron Rubin (Artemis) - not as good as his Japanese voice, but I like his more sarcastic tone of voice in the dub.

??? (Zirconia) - if only because she sounds like Yoda in the dub. Remember, kids, "It's not nice so stare!" =D

Jeff Umby (Doctor Tomoe/Kakeru in the S movie) - I don't know if that's the correct spelling of his name, but I liked the voice he gave Tomoe. He also did the dentist in the dub of that one episode of SuperS when Usagi and Chibi-Usa got cavities and had to go to the dentist. He voiced the scary dentist (who didn't sound so scary in the dub).
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Thu May 13, 2004 12:21 pm

My favorite voices:

Usagi

Luna

Minako

Setsuna

Thats about it. :wink:
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu May 13, 2004 2:36 pm

marspeach wrote:Ogata Megumi- Haruka. But NOT for singing.
I cannot stand the way she sings her image songs from Sailor Moon, but have you ever heard her sing anything besides that? I have a particular song called "Nightmare" that she sings, that's faster and more powerful, and she does a terrific job. She does not suond good singing ballads and the like.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu May 13, 2004 3:15 pm

Hmmm. . . I've never heard Uranus's image songs.

*does so*

Wow, yeah, that's pretty bad. It sounds like she's reaching for notes, so I guess she could do a lot better on a song more fitted to her range.

Anyway, if we're talking singing, Tomizawa Michie is my pick from the anime, but Komatsu Ayaka from PGSM is better than them all, I think. I hope she puts out a full-length album soon.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu May 13, 2004 5:16 pm

Neo Dead Moon
Jeff Umby (Doctor Tomoe/Kakeru in the S movie) - I don't know if that's the correct spelling of his name, but I liked the voice he gave Tomoe.
It's Jeff Lumby, but some sources call him Umby for some reason -_-;. His sister is Lisa-Lumby Richards (one of the writers, specifically the bad one).

As a side note, Jeff has had very little acting experience, but is still a good actor (if anyone watches the Red Green show, he's Winston Rothschild, his voice sounds different doesn't it ~_^). And according to IMDB, Lisa has no experience writing. (Just check http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0525873/ )
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Thu May 13, 2004 6:50 pm

Original

Kotono Mitsuishi (Usagi)- Her voice suits Usagi and it just makes me squee!

Shinohara Emi (Makoto)- I love her voice and it really gives you a feel for the serious Makoto that you don't really get to see in the dub.

Chibiusa (I can't remember the VA at the mo^^)- I only like her talking voice. It suits her very well, I think. However, I do not like her image songs. They drive me up the wall.

Dub

Stephanie Beard (Chibiusa)- I think her voice suits Chibiusa so well and it makes me squee, just like Kotono's voice does! I think it sounds exactly like the original voice, but in english. I didn't like the VA that did Chibiusa for the first two seasons because her voice was understated in my opinion.

Susan Roman (Makoto)- Though her voice doesn't really reflect Mako's serious side well, it does reflect her girlish and passionate side. I always thought her voice was very cute ^^

Sailor Moon
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor Moon » Thu May 13, 2004 7:18 pm

Kotono Mitsuishi- Usagi: Usagi is my favorite character, and Kotono Mitsuishi portrays so much emotion. She has such a fantastic voice.

Tohru Furuya- Mamoru: I love Mamoru and I feel that Tohru Furuya does such a wonderful job at protraying my favorite male character. He has so much love and emotion in his voice.

Araki Kae- Usagi- Chibi-Usa: Does a fantastic job as both Usagi and her daugther. Wonderful voice actress.

Japanese:

Mitsuishi Kotono

Furuya Tohru

Kae Araki

English:

Toby Proctor

Terri Hawkes

Tracey Moore

Toby Proctor - Darien/Tuxedo Mask: - I love Toby Proctor's voice. I love Darien and Mamoru in every version and I love Tuxedo Mask and Tuxedo Kamen in every version. His voice is so sweet, romantic, loving and gentle. He has the perfect voice. He has done his voice in episodes 12-40 and 42-65. He is the perfect voice actor for my favorite male hero.

Terri Hawkes- Sailor Moon- Excellent voice actress. Portrays so much emotion and compassion for my favorite character.

Tracey Moore- Sailor Moon- Exceleltn voice actress for my favorite character. Wonderful characterization.
Usagi and Mamoru are my favorite couple ever. Usagi and Mamoru forever!

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu May 13, 2004 7:33 pm

Shinohara Emi - (Makoto/Jupiter) I love her acting voice and her singing voice. Her voice sounds particularly nice in Sailor Jupiter's Stars Prologue and Poem, so listen if you haven't already!

Keiko Han - (Luna and Beryl) She played both parts very well, but I particularly like her as Luna. She sounds really cute when she's frustrated (usually with Usagi)! =^_^=

Sakamoto Chika - (Yaten/Starhealer) She has a very cool and aloof voice that I can't help but like! She also sounds really cute when she's frustrated. (A trend, perhaps?)

Horie Mitsuko - (Galaxia) Tiff said it for me!
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Fri May 14, 2004 3:42 pm

Yaten: Like above comments, cool and aloof, and I like the way she yells her attacks and stuff...

Setsuna:Calm and quiet, perfectly in control of herself and her emotions. (Most of the time) The way she whispers 'Deado Scream' is awesome.
That's all for now. ^_^
Mr. James : Lost a satellite on liftoff today.
Dave : Cost?
Mr. James : 10 million dollars.
Dave : Result?
Mr. James : Extreme set back.
Dave : Milk?
Mr. James : Spilled.
Dave : Gonna cry about it?
Mr. James : Not even.
Dave : I''m sitting on a rather sharp tack.
Mr. James : That's gotta hurt.
Dave : Well, life's a bitch...
Mr. James : ...And then you die.
Dave : My...
Mr. James : ...oh...
Dave : ...my.

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Fri May 14, 2004 6:17 pm

Original:

Michiru/Sailor Neptune- She sounds so mature and elegant. Oh, and that scene in S when she screams as all those darts are hitting her, it gave me shivers. IMO, her voice suits her perfectly.

Rei/Sailor Mars- I love the way her voice sounds when she's making fun of Usagi.

Galaxia- Powerful shit. I think her voice was one of the reasons that made her such a badass. I love her evil laugh, especially when she kills the inner senshi.

Dub:

Serena/Sailor Moon- I think her voice suited her well. Yea, her first voice was better, but in the end, I prefer Terri's voice over Tracey.

Lita/Sailor Jupiter- Her voice acting was pretty good. It kicked ass when she mad, but it was also very sweet when needed to be.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models