Sailormoon Sightings

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Sailormoon sightings

Post by Aya Reiko » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:55 pm

Feel free to post Sailormoon sightings from other series.

First, let's start with Slayers: http://membres.lycos.fr/ayareiko/images ... mspot1.jpg
Poor Gourry... :lol:

Next, Excel Saga: http://membres.lycos.fr/ayareiko/images ... mspot3.jpg
Proof you cannot escape your past... like she'd want to...

Then there's The Simpsons: http://www.simpworks.com/steven/s15e07.couch.large.gif
Discuss it here: http://www.smuncensored.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=346

Finally... I'll make you guess where this is from: http://membres.lycos.fr/ayareiko/images ... mspot2.gif (~200 kb)
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:52 pm

Reboot has one. A Sailor Moon binome gets squished by a big rock in one of the later episodes...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Re: Sailormoon sightings

Post by Tempest » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:18 am

Aya Reiko wrote: Finally... I'll make you guess where this is from: http://membres.lycos.fr/ayareiko/images ... mspot2.gif (~200 kb)
Puni Puni Poemi ^^ right?
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Re: Sailormoon sightings

Post by Aya Reiko » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:33 am

Tempest wrote:
Aya Reiko wrote: Finally... I'll make you guess where this is from: http://membres.lycos.fr/ayareiko/images ... mspot2.gif (~200 kb)
Puni Puni Poemi ^^ right?
Yup. Tell her what she won... Nothing! Oh well...

Fav quote from the liner notes: "Don't worry, it'll be okay, Kobayashi will do it, if Ms. Mitsuishi could do it, Kobayashi could not do it."

The Moonie
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by The Moonie » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:58 am

You see usagi in maze, when male maze is in female maze's brain he is with usagi and a dozen other anime babes It looks a lot like usagi anyway.. Sorry i don't have a screen shot.
My gardian Jupiter
Brew a storm
Call the cloud
Bring down lighting
Supreme Thunder

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:02 am

The Moonie wrote:You see usagi in maze, when male maze is in female maze's brain he is with usagi and a dozen other anime babes It looks a lot like usagi anyway.. Sorry i don't have a screen shot.
I know the EXACT scene you're talking about. If I can remember which episode that is, I'll make the screencap.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:18 am

G Gundam

Allenby's Noble Gundam looks alot like Sailor V.

G Gundam (Manga)

In one scene Allenby does that 'Puinsh You!' pose that Sailor Moon does. ^.^

And when Noble Gundam goes 'Super' her armor looks like that of Super Sailor Moon.

Excel Saga

In the first episode, where Excel goes to kill Rikdo she passes alot of anime stuff. Some of the figures look somewhat like Sailor Senshi.

Also, in the second recap episode Excel Excel dresses up a bit like Sailor Moon. Her little 'speech' is also a spoof on Sailor Moon

Also, in one of Ropamatsu episodes, Excel says 'I'll turn you into new Sailor Scouts!". What I found odd was that in the Japanese version said 'Sailor Senshi' yet was subbed as 'Sailor Scouts'.

o.o

Pocket Monsters

During the Orange Islands episodes, the one about the Cystal Onix, there's a girl who looks like a cross between Chibiusa and Chibi Chibi.

Tenchi Universe

Although Pretty Sammy is a spoof on Magical Girls in general, in TU Pretty Sammy's outfit looks ALOT like Sailor Moon's. Her henshin is also down the same way as the Sailor Senshi's.

Here's an interesting site with some sightings:
http://www.kyoshinsha.net/moon/arcade/s ... tings.html

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:01 pm

There's another Excel one: in the bowling episode, she makes a very Sailor Moon-ish introduction standing on the bad guy's back.
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:01 pm

In one of the Blue Seed Omake Theaters, what's-her-face with the brown hair...I guess it's Momiji, becomes an idol and then goes into animation. She dresses up as Sailor Moon. "Look! She's acting like that Sailor Moose character!" I don't have a screenshot, tho.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

bewitchingchild
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by bewitchingchild » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:45 pm

oh god, yes it is momiji, that is one of the best ones lol....
hmmm... there are alot... lemme think of some
ok, way back when, there was a movie w/ mara wilson called a simple wish. anyway, there's a scene where she is in her room and on her bed table there is the toy moon wand. i thought it was fun.

actually, i was just thinking baout these the other day...... but right now i cant remeber them all.... sorry

Artemis
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Artemis » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:18 pm

I don't have the link to it T.T, but a friend of mine showed me a little animated thingy and at the end, a bunny transformed into Sailor Moon. ^_^

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:56 pm

Haunted Junction

One of the episodes deals with various manga characters being bought to life. Among these are the Sailors XO, who bear a passing resemblence to our favourite senshi. In order to stop them, the Student Council President enlists the help of Red Mantle, who has to wear a top hat in addition to his Tuxedo Mask mask.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:03 pm

There's this manwha called "One" and in one of the Chapter pics, the aggravating girl (can't remember her name) is wearing a sailor fuku, with Usagi's exact hair, only black. But she's also wearing pants underneath the mini-skirt.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:48 pm

Two from Midori no Hibi..

In one chapter, where Seiji goes to buy clothes for Midori there is a doll that has on an outfit much like the kind the Sailor Senshi wear.

And in another chapter, Seiji thinks about those geeks at the store, theres a poster with a girl with pigtails, and the Japanese characters for 'Sailor Moon'.

Silver Serenity
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Silver Serenity » Sun May 02, 2004 7:04 pm

I was looking through my little brothers latest (April 04) Nickelodeon magazine and on pg 17 they had some products based off of cartoons, such as Yu-Gi-Oats and As Told By Ginger Ale. But get this, there was also Sailor MoonPie, the Original Marshmallow Moonwich complete with picture! These arn't real obviously, but I couldnt belive a big name company had put something Sailor Moon related. A while ago they also had SM fanart by one reader and a section called "If Cartoon Characters Were Real..." where they had relistic drawings of Scooby Doo, Shaggy, and other popular cartoon characters at the time, including Sailor Moon! Maybe they're (Nick) Sailor Moon fans? :) Dont have a picture though, since I don't have a scanner. Sorry.

Sailor Europa
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Sailor Europa » Wed May 05, 2004 3:44 pm

There's this comic in the newspapers that I read called "Helen: Sweetheart of the Internet".

I think it was in March 5th and 6th of 2002, where there were two stripts talking about how Helen liked Sailor Moon.
It was so cooshy-da!

When I find the links to it on Peter Zale's site, I'll put them here.
"Hey long distance. Tokyo! I love the French!" ~Ron Stoppable

Anna Roz
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Anna Roz » Wed May 05, 2004 7:19 pm

I can't remember the exact magazine (I think it was CosmoGirl or Seventeen), but it had Jessica Simpson on the cover. Anyway, on one of the pages, they had this collage of 'Female Role Models' and a sketch of Sailormoon was in there! I was shocked..

If anyone has the magazine, whatever it is, maybe they'd know what I'm talking about..Still..I was surprised to see a sketch of Sailormoon in an otherwise boring magazine..

bewitchingchild
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by bewitchingchild » Thu May 06, 2004 6:45 pm

this was a few years ago right before sm got really popular over the cartoon network, i was looking through one of my uncle's comic book ordering magazines and they had a strip of popey deciding to go for a new look to appeal to the new age of comics and he comes out in sailor moon's fuku singing "im popey the sailor moon"!

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Fri May 28, 2004 9:51 pm

From Ikki Tosen:

Preview for episode 7

Listen to the last little bit Hakufu says. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Sun May 30, 2004 2:40 pm

Aya Reiko wrote:From Ikki Tosen:

Preview for episode 7

Listen to the last little bit Hakufu says. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?
omg, that is so Kotono Mitsuishi!!