Favorite Sailor Moon couple?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Copperhead
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Copperhead » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:42 pm

My favourite is Michiru and Haruka, not only are they good together but they gel with each other when they're battling, they're really cool.

smackyy
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by smackyy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:13 am

My faves are:

Haruka and Michiru: they just have such great chemistry and they get each other even when the rest of the senshi don't. They have such a great dynamic too even when Haruka is flirting with other girls everyone knows she the one she really loves is Michiru. Their deaths in stars were the most tragic IMO, and they fought 'their way' till the very end and the way they disappear while they hold hands so romantic!

Seiya and Usagi: They just make a much better couple than Mamoru and Usagi. Seiya is so funny and I love the way he always teases Usagi. It may have been a bit one-sided but I think that Usagi does have some sort of feelings towards Seiya that are definitely more them friendly. And Fighter protected Usagi until the very end in stars. I just saw the final episode for the first time and even at the end when they're saying goodbye to each other Seiya tells her that he will miss her and he expresses so easily how he feels about but stupid Mamoru could not give a proper answer when Usagi asked how much he loved her!!!

Nephrite and Naru: The episode were he dies in her arms and they have the chocolate parfait conversation was so sweet. I love the idea that sweet Naru could make Nephrite turn good.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:57 pm

I like Yaten/Minako. I just saw something between them in 192.

I also like Minako/Artemis(human). I think she really does care for him.

In PGSM, I LOVE Makoto and Motoki. I just liked how their personalities are SO different.

It's not really canon, but I like Dimande and Usagi as well.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Master85
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Master85 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:29 pm

Alexclow345 wrote:I also like Minako/Artemis(human). I think she really does care for him.
In which episode is Artemis showed as human?

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:33 pm

Master85 wrote:
Alexclow345 wrote:I also like Minako/Artemis(human). I think she really does care for him.
I'm assuming manga, but the idea of human/animal pairings are sort of disturbing.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:49 pm

Master85 wrote:
Artemis only appears as human in the manga, same thing with Diana. I think Luna is the only cat who appeared in both manga and anime in human form.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:23 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
Master85 wrote:
Artemis only appears as human in the manga, same thing with Diana. I think Luna is the only cat who appeared in both manga and anime in human form.
Correct.

Is it disturbing? I think it's okay when he is human. It's not like he's a cat.

THAT'S disturbing.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:00 pm

Alexclow345 wrote:THAT'S disturbing.
I am reminded of Artemis's Lover.

Damn you all.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:38 pm

NameGoesHere wrote:
Alexclow345 wrote:THAT'S disturbing.
I am reminded of Artemis's Lover.

Damn you all.
I just looked that up. Ew.

Anyway, forgot to mention Zoicite and Ami. Yay shippers who look for tiny pieces of evidence!
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:03 am

It's pretty clear by SuperS (if not by R) that Rei never has and never will return Yuuichirou's feelings. Their relationship is actually one of the pointless things in the show that annoyed me and made Rei different from the manga.
This is an old quote but I have to disagree with it. In the S episode where Yuuichirou leaves the shrine, it's very obvious that Rei is upset by his departure. I agree she may just be upset because he is a friend but when she dies in the classic season she tells Usagi that she should have kissed Yuuichirou before leaving. Even if it's only a little affection she feels for him I still believe that there is something there.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:52 am

I think that they *were* trying to build up the Rei/ Yuichiro relationship (there are hints all over the place in the earlier episodes, for example ep. 45), but changed their mind when they made SuperS. Probably because Naoko didn't like it. I like to pretend that the stupid episode in Supers doesn't exist. :lol:
I also really like Makoto/Motoki in PGSM. :)

demoneyeskyo87
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by demoneyeskyo87 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:16 pm

Haruka and Michiru for the win, :D!

I love the part during the hands holding scene and what makes it cool is that they are based off the Otokoyaku and Musumeyaku of the Takarazuka Revue.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:30 am

Naru and Umino. I just find these two really cute together.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:03 pm

I've always been a fan of the concept of Rei and Yuuichirou having a little chemistry. I really felt that if they could/would have developed their relationship further it could have done amazing things for Rei's character development. Honestly, I felt like no one but Usagi had any solid relationships (save Outers) nd to me that puts a dent in character quality.

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:24 pm

rockable wrote:Um, I didn't think the original poster is going to elaborate on his one and a half year old post.
Fine. Then someone else elaborate on what he might mean. I don't remember there being any evidence making Rei's lack of feelings clear.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:02 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:
rockable wrote:Um, I didn't think the original poster is going to elaborate on his one and a half year old post.
Fine. Then someone else elaborate on what he might mean. I don't remember there being any evidence making Rei's lack of feelings clear.
Everybody sees things differently. Opinions differ on everything from who's the smartest, who's the strongest, and who so-and-so should be with. He just had a different opinion.

Elaborated.

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:08 pm

Yeah, you make it sound like I'm arguing against him or something. I don't think he's wrong. I'm just intrigued as to what he might mean.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:06 am

The Rei/Yuuichirou relationship is easy to see from different sides. On one side, she's just denying her feelings for him because she isn't ready to commit. On the other side she sees him as a puppyish friend, and all those times she is showing great concern for him is because she has a natural instinct to take care of naïve people (Grandpa, Usagi, and Yuuichirou all share similar "air-headed" traits, and she is most protective of them).

Really, there's no evidence to prove/disprove either case.
Yeah, you make it sound like I'm arguing against him or something.
That is the downfall of forums versus real conversations; tone. I wasn't trying to make you sound like you were arguing.

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:57 pm

We can't really say its Rei trying to take care of naive people because I honestly don't feel that Yuuichirou is very naive to begin with, immature maybe, naive no. Not to mention her relationships with her Grandpa and Usagi are different on their own levels.

Yuuichirou is older and from a different background than Rei. As shown in Classic, Rei lived a somewhat lonely life before becoming friends with Usagi and the gang. Chad is a bit more outspoken than Rei having musical aspirations and to her it might be both a little bit intriguing and a little intimidating at the same time.

I think the rocker, follow your dreams attitude that Yuuichirou has is appealing to Rei and she finds that attractive in him despite his other traits, which she more openly comments on, in my opinion, to detract to herself her underlying feelings.