Favorite and Least Favorite Senshi?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Stephen Victor
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Favorite and Least Favorite Senshi?

Post by Stephen Victor » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:27 am

I don't see a thread for this anywhere, so I think I'll inquire everyone on their favorite and least favorite sailor senshi. Mine are:

Favorite: My favorite is most likely Michiru Kaioh/Sailor Neptune. She is just so beautiful, extremely intelligent, mature and dignified ... I admire her. I also relate to her passion for art and I think her love for and dedication to Haruka is absolutely adorable. I also love Hotaru Tomoe, because I find her to be very tragic and interesting, and I like Rei Hino a lot because her snarky comments can be amusing and even though she may appear to be a bitch, she also has an extremely sweet, tender side to her.

Least Favorite: Hmm ... probably Seiya/Sailor Starfighter. I just don't find anything about him particularly interesting, and it doesn't help that most of the Stars season is focused on him. He's all outgoing and athletic and I don't like characters like that much. To me, it just feels like the creators know most fans hate Mamoru and so they introduce Seiya who's like the perfect, ideal guy for Usagi that's funny, sweet and caring, but I personally like Mamoru better than Seiya because he's really fun in the first season and he's also book smart.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:10 am

I'm slightly leery of this topic.
Yes, no one has posted a similar topic, but i'ts also terriably cliche. I'll leave it open for the sake of it being an original topic, unless a Admins chooses otherwise.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Stephen Victor
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Stephen Victor » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:14 am

Tempest wrote:I'm slightly leery of this topic.
Yes, no one has posted a similar topic, but i'ts also terriably cliche. I'll leave it open for the sake of it being an original topic, unless a Admins chooses otherwise.
There's also a topic for ranking the seasons which is also incredibly cliche but no one complained about it.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:17 am

I said what I said out of a personal opinion, not as a slam against this topic nor was I complaining.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:18 am

Stephen Victor wrote: There's also a topic for ranking the seasons which is also incredibly cliche but no one complained about it.
That's not the point, and there's no need to be rude to Tempest about it. She said she was going to leave your topic open, leave it at that.

But i'm going to say this to everyone now: any childish and idiotic bickering between people about senshi will NOT go on here; nor will outright insult of a character. I don't want to hear childish name calling or things such as "GOD, I HATE SAILOR ____, WHAT AN IDIOT!!". These are fictional characters, and there is no need to get horrible about your descriptions of why you dislike them. This is for intelligent, calm, discussion, and the first incident I see of that sort of childish behavior, this topic will be locked.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

marspeach
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by marspeach » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:21 am

My favorite in the manga is Sailor Moon, but in the anime she annoys me too much to be my absolute favorite (I do like her though). I think my favorite in the anime would be Mars.

My least favorite is definitely Chibi Moon. Just too much of her in SuperS. And Mercury in the anime. She was so boring and had way too many filler episodes where she discovered new talents such as tuning up cars and composing music.
Last edited by marspeach on Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a loser!

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:26 pm

Favorite: Sailor Neptune, just like Stephen said, and for the same reasons! ^_^ Any others are Saturn, Uranus, Pluto, Chibimoon, Moon, and Starmaker.

Least Favorite: None. Wow, I sure make the most interesting posts! :P

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:00 pm

Favorite: Sailor Chibi Moon! I even call her "Chibi-Usa-sama", as is probably painfully clear in my posts. Taiki, Usagi, Ami, and Yaten are up there too in my top 5, and Rei might barely squeak in to tie with someone up there.

Least Favorite: Not quite sure who is anymore. I'm not very fond of Seiya or Setsuna, though. Sometimes I get angry at all four Outer Senshi, then calm down and decide I'm neutral to them, and the same goes for Seiya. I think Makoto, Hotaru and Minako would be down there too, but they don't cause as much hatred from me as the two I mentioned do.

I'm not going to mention why I favor/dislike specific characters here, though, since that can be found on my website, which is linked with every post thanks to the way the board is set up. And you guys REALLY wouldn't want to hear me gush about Chibi-Usa-sama... :oops:

I'm amazed, though...I didn't know there was anyone else who disliked Seiya! I thought that he/she was the popular one of the Starlights! (well, Yaten seems to have a lot of fans too)
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:02 pm

Favorite- Setsuna/Pluto. In the manga can I relate to her on many levels and she's really interesting. I like her attacks ans such. She's also the prettiest senshi. In the anime she's still cool but not as developed unfortunately. So in the anime my favorite is Rei/Mars. I used to practically hate her but I came to love her after seeing more of the Japanese version. I love her personality, her relationship with Usagi, attacks, and her songs. She's also really pretty.

Least favorite- Taiki/Star Maker mostly because is/her character doesn't interest me at all. And he/she was pretty developed. I'm not very fond of Ami/Mercury either. Generally speaking to me, she's boring and overrated in both her personality and looks. But I don't quite dislike her. More like indifferent. I like all of the other senshi though.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:27 pm

LadyFlameSniper wrote: Least favorite- Taiki/Star Maker mostly because is/her character doesn't interest me at all. And he/she was pretty developed.
You don't like Taiki because you think he/she isn't interesting, then you say s/he's developed? Don't you mean UNdeveloped?

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:52 pm

I don't treally have a favorite/ least favorite one I think they all have something that the other's lack adn you get the whole team thigny going ( not macking snese here I know) but that's just me really ^^
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:53 pm

Rainbow wrote:
LadyFlameSniper wrote: Least favorite- Taiki/Star Maker mostly because is/her character doesn't interest me at all. And he/she was pretty developed.
You don't like Taiki because you think he/she isn't interesting, then you say s/he's developed? Don't you mean UNdeveloped?
I think she means that even though Taiki was really developed, she still didn't have any interest in his character.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:34 pm

n/a
Last edited by peachvampiress on Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:16 pm

Tiff wrote:
Rainbow wrote:
I think she means that even though Taiki was really developed, she still didn't have any interest in his character.
Yes that's exactly what I meant. Thanks.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:26 pm

I'm so sorry, LadyFlameSniper! I thought it was a typo!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:41 pm

peachvampiress wrote:That and I think he's a bit of a jerk. Like when he took Usagi on a date and she wanted that kawaii bear and he took it and told her to get one herself. If I was Usagi I would have tackled him, kicked him and taken the bear. :twisted:
I must intercede and defend Seiya here, as a lot of people mention this incident...at the end of the episode, he gives her that bear..so I think it's kind of obvious he was playing with her, or just being a "i like you but i'm going to act like a school kid" kind of jerk.

I suppose i'll throw in my least and most favorites, since i'm defending XD

Most: Uranus. She's tough, outgoing, has a great spirit, and has a mean temper. Her dedication is highly admirable, and she's very flawed in a lot of ways that make her seem more "real" than other characters.
Moon is another. I love her because most of the time, she's the complete antithesis of a hero. She's clumsy, makes foolish decisions, and half the time doesn't know what she's doing. But when she has to, she steps up and does what she needs to. She's caring, has a big heart, and hates to see anyone in pain, and I relate a lot to her.

Least: Starmaker and Neptune. Neptune becuase she's just..uninteresting to me. Same with Starmaker. Neptune just has too many talents for me to care, and while I know she does have a lot of flaws, she just annoys me for some reason. As for Starmaker...there isn't a single thing about Starmaker that I like, male or female version. She/He's annoying, loudmouthed, arrogant, a know-it-all, ugly, and that voice just sends horrible chills through my spine every time.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:48 pm

n/a
Last edited by peachvampiress on Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:54 pm

Favorite is obvious to everyone, which would be Aino Minako-sama aka Sailorvenus. I don't know what attracts me to her so much, maybe it's her outgoingness which I don't have nearly as much of, her pure heart that's just so hard to not love, or maybe it's that bow, that awesome, kawaii, red bow....

At a close second for me is Tomoe Hotaru aka Sailorsaturn. It's another I can't really explain, but I'm just so drawn to her almost as much as Minako-sama. I really think the only thing that draws me more to Minako-sama is she's outgoing and Hotaru isn't, since I feel I relate to both characters, moreso to Hotaru though I wish I could be more like Minako-sama.

As for least favorite, I don't know. ^^;; It's been a while since I watched the series, which means this break I must do super-marathon this break, heh. ^^;;;;;;
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Sailor Solider
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Sailor Solider » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:10 pm

Favorite: Usagi

Dunno why, but I just do, I find her very cute in the beggining of the season, her ''below your average teen'' personality is what I like about her. Not mention, she's very kind to others that are usually misunderstood in general/

Least Favorite: Rei

Why? To put it in simple terms, I find her very b*thcy. Honestly, it's like everything Usagi does bothers the hell out of her. If she accidently trips, Rei goes on ranting how dumb and clumsy she is. Atleast, in my eyes. No offence to those who like her.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:33 pm

Favorite: Ami. I like smart women, for one thing. And she's the most beautiful, imo.

Least Favorite: Chibi-Usa. She's not only annoying, but she's the reason the SuperS anime sucks so damn much...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot