Favorite and Least Favorite Senshi?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:38 pm

Tiff wrote:
Panda wrote: Ami/Sailor Mercury: She's annoying and nerdy. Sorry, but I don't like nerds. Granted she does grow over time into a respectable character I still can't help but think she holds herself back to much.
=P that's quite a thing to say on a website that's probably 75% nerds, myself and most of the chibimods included lol.
I can deal with you guys. I'm talking more about the rude academic nerds. You guys are just... well... nice nerds.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:59 pm

Panda wrote:
I can deal with you guys. I'm talking more about the rude academic nerds. You guys are just... well... nice nerds.
o.O ami is rude?

I can see what you mean by people who act superior, but I honestly can't imagine this particular character ever being rude o.o

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:55 pm

Tatia wrote: Mako. Not her personality, but the fact that she came across so underdeveloped to me. I would have liked an episode that explained her past and how she became the girl that we all know.
i agree. i never really got into mako, mainly because there's not much about her (that they show) i mean, we know her parents died or whatever, but we don't really know the details of it, how it affected her, ect, like we did with mamoru and minako's pasts. all we know is that she fights.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:02 pm

the*blue*girl wrote:
i agree. i never really got into mako, mainly because there's not much about her (that they show) i mean, we know her parents died or whatever, but we don't really know the details of it, how it affected her, ect, like we did with mamoru and minako's pasts. all we know is that she fights.
You know, I've never really thought of that. Now that you say that, they should have had an episode where Makoto remembers her parents or something. That would have been touching and sweet, a little sad.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:06 pm

Tiff wrote:
Panda wrote:
o.O ami is rude?

I can see what you mean by people who act superior, but I honestly can't imagine this particular character ever being rude o.o
Given the context, I believe Panda was saying that we here on the forums are nice nerds, unlike other places she has probably been a part of where I'm assuming nerds act all high and mighty. I don't believe she was talking about Ami at all with that comment, just saying that we here on the forums may be nerds, but we're not rude ones who think we're all mighty and stuff.

At least that is how I viewed that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:11 pm

Aside from the battles in all of the Sailor Moon episodes and 5 seasons, we get a look into the Sailor Senshi's lives. We know more about Ami from some episodes about her including Ami's First Love. Minako has her own episode in the Sailor Moon Classic season and we know about her wanting to become an idol (singer) which shows more in Sailor Moon S & Sailor Moon Stars. We know about Rei as well and her life but as you all said Makoto seems to be a mystery. Ami's First Love is based on the Manga, right? Isn't there a Manga in which we learn about Makoto more that could be adapted into a film like Ami's First Love (that focuses more on Makoto)? I don't know too much about the Manga so excuse my ignorance on that.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:25 pm

MarioKnight wrote:
Given the context, I believe Panda was saying that we here on the forums are nice nerds, unlike other places she has probably been a part of where I'm assuming nerds act all high and mighty. I don't believe she was talking about Ami at all with that comment, just saying that we here on the forums may be nerds, but we're not rude ones who think we're all mighty and stuff.

At least that is how I viewed that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh, I was basing that on the sense that her reasoning for not liking Ami was "I don't like nerds", but then she stated the only nerds she didn't like were rude nerds. Therefore, I was putting two and two together, and assuming that Ami fit in that category. I just found it interesting, is all.

^_^ it's fine.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:56 pm

You got it Dan! :)

But as for Ami... I always felt she was very snobbish for a long time. Add that to her being extremely introverted... grrr...

Like all the characters she grew on me over time but she stil remains my least favorite.

Kazuki
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Kazuki » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:47 pm

Minako would have to be my favourite chracter, for some reason, I hae a thing for bubbly hyper anime characters, even though she did change dramticaly from Classic to R xD. She just reminds me of myself, I guess.

Least favourie would have to be Makoto, she doens't have much character development, and just didn't appeal to me much/

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:19 pm

In the Manga of Sailor Moon there were an arc called "The Exam Battle" and there was an episode with Ami which was adapted into a short film called "Ami's First Date".

I know there is a Exam Battle Makoto as well but does it explain more about Makoto and does she have more character development? Every other Sailor Senshi has lots of character development but some SM fans think Makoto doesn't.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:42 am

One of the three manga I have actually has the exam battle chapters in it. However there wasn't really any development in Maokto's character. The only new thing that I learned in there was that her parents died in a plane crash so she's scared of airplanes.So far the claim that she is the most undeveloped character appear to be true.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

tangledupxinplaid
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by tangledupxinplaid » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:15 am

My favourite was always Hotaru. I have no idea why, there was always something about her that interested me, and I loved the ending of S with Mistress 9 and everything.

I'd have to pick Chibi-Usa as my least favourite, she annoys me and I feel she doesn't really contribute to the story.

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:17 am

I like Chibi-usa and I feel like she plays a big role in the series---including Sailor Moon S. I feel like this, if you take even one character out of the series, it changes everything. Chibi-usa plays a more prominent role in Sailor Moon SuperS, which is a lot of SM fans least favorite season. Too bad we didn't see her in SM Stars . . . but at least we have Chibi Chibi.

tangledupxinplaid
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by tangledupxinplaid » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:24 am

SailorMoonFan wrote:Chibi-usa plays a more prominent role in Sailor Moon SuperS,
Oh, right, I forgot about that. I still think the story could have worked out fine (at least in S) without her (although they do figure out who Hotaru is because of Chibi-Usa I guess...) but I still think they could have made a less annoying character, IMO.

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:25 pm

Never could dislike any particular senshi since each in thier own right are wonderful. So my answer would be all I favor.

Jupi-Lee
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Jupi-Lee » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:48 am

Favorite:Makoto or sailor jupiter.she is vey beatiful...she is tomboyish.i love you jupiter.

least senshi :Minako. because she is so spoiled.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:27 am

Jupi-Lee: Please put your birthday into your profile. This information is required as indicated in the Rules and in the Global Announcements found on each of the forums. Thank you.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

*KEEP-SM-ALIVE*
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by *KEEP-SM-ALIVE* » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:26 pm

Favorite would probably be Sailor Moon, but more in the later seasons, particularly S, where she seems to be more mature.
Least favorite would probably be Mini Moon cause she just always seems to be in the way and everyone always seems obligated to rescue her all the time. :?

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:30 pm

I'm not really getting how Usagi matured... I personally only saw small fragments of her maturing and I only noticed it alot in Stars. It may just be me... or it may just be the length of the final battles for each season where she always pus on a tough front.

I've offically decided my favorite character is Haruna-sensei. She just rocks.

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:54 pm

Panda wrote:I'm not really getting how Usagi matured... I personally only saw small fragments of her maturing and I only noticed it alot in Stars. It may just be me... or it may just be the length of the final battles for each season where she always pus on a tough front.

I've offically decided my favorite character is Haruna-sensei. She just rocks.
Throughout all 5 seasons the change with Usagi from Sailor Moon Classic to Sailor Stars is tremendous. She does actually mature. Of course she shows signs of immaturity such as being a crybaby and getting bad grades and stuff like that but when it comes down to it she fully matures. In Sailor Stars Usagi faces some really tough situations and makes grown-up decisions. She has to continue to live normally while Mamoru is in America--and the time that he leaves her and with the time that he comes back to her, this is actually a very mature and adult-like situation and she wonders if the relationship between her and Mamoru will sustain and even near the end of the series (last episode of Sailor Stars) she questions whether he still loves her. Remember, Usagi is ONLY 16 years old at this point and Mamoru is probably 20 or 21 (most likely 21) so it's amazing for her to be mature at this stage. And also remember when we look at Neo-Queen Serenity you can see that she is fully mature compared to Usagi but Usagi is getting there.

Within the battles that Usagi (Sailor Moon) fights in, the battles are more serious and more life threatening and she has to make very mature and serious decisions or else the world would be destroyed by the enemies. And also throughout the series Sailor Moon learns more about sacrifice and she gives a very mature opinion on "sacrifice" in Sailor Moon S. She doesn't want to sacrifice anyone to save the world.

SPOILERS!!!

In SMS, Sailor Moon didn't want to sacrifice Hotaru (Sailor Saturn) to save the world. And in Sailor Stars she did all she could to save Queen Galaxia and make her a good person again. These are just some signs of her maturing.