Stuff you just...notice...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:06 pm

But how would this impregnating crystal work? Would it shoot out stuff into the person from a distance or would it actually have to make physical contact?

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:10 pm

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:But how would this impregnating crystal work? Would it shoot out stuff into the person from a distance or would it actually have to make physical contact?
The crystal goes inside the body... For the crystal is made of a magical, sparkly sperm that only the moon people can possess.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:25 pm

ADMIN MODE:

I've been a bad, bad admin. It's time to get back on topic. XD;;

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:53 pm

Something strange I noticed in the manga was a scene in the Infinity Arc of Hotaru having one of her seizure things while leaning against the wall. I believe it was after Super Sailor Moon first appears. Anyways, in the picture one of Hotaru's hand appears to be at her side while the other is in a fist across her chest. The strange thing is that it appears she has a third arm reaching up the wall, and this arm is coming from the side of her body where the arm that is across her chest is coming from (I would say left or right but depending on if you look at the English manga or the original I assume it's reversed). Unless she has an extremely large shoulder, I assume it was a mistake by Naoko. Just something that caught my eye.

heartlessarchangel
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by heartlessarchangel » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:21 pm

I've been rewatching the S season of Sailor Moon, and in episode 111 of the original Japanese version, during the fight between Sailor Moon, and Eugeal, when the camera switched to the back of Eugeal, I could clearly see a no smoking sign taped to her Fire Buster in the upper left hand corner. if this has already been mentioned, I apologize...

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:59 pm

Okay, yeah, so...

When we meet Chibi-Usa in R she is this little, bity, tiny, kid... She reaches Usagi's knee if not a slight bit higher...

Well then this little kid comes back in S, less than a year later, and she's reaching Usagi's chest...

So, I don't understand... I know in the manga Chibi-Usa is like, 900-something but in the anime, because it is never actually stated and the anime is notorious for these slight plot-changes anyway, I'm assuming Chibi-Usa is a regular kid.

So, why/how did she grow so fast???

(If that one was already brought up then sorry, but I just don't have time to read through 2o-something pages of thread. =P)

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:06 pm

Even if only a day (or less) passes in Usagi's time, Chibi-Usa still could go back to the future, wait several more years, and then come back and make it look like she's aged very quickly. That is, she could come back to a time that would be only a day after she left, but many years could've passed for her. The same with a timeframe of less than a year. Someone who time travels (like Chibi-Usa) can do weird things like that.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:57 pm

That makes alot of sense, and I figured that was what was going on at one point, but if she is going home and staying for a few years and then coming back, how are her friends (Sumomo? Or whatever her names is...) still in the same grade as her, and, have aged just as much as she did? >.>

I'm just saying...

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:50 pm

Momoko and Kyusuke, you mean. And I completely forgot about them and the fact that they're magically now in the same grade Chibi-Usa is when she comes back (despite she's probably older). I wonder if this is one of those weird plot holes in Sailor Moon--the writers didn't think through what all the consequences of Chibi-Usa coming back as an older kid would be (like her old school friends still being in a lower grade than her).

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:35 pm

heartlessarchangel wrote:I've been rewatching the S season of Sailor Moon, and in episode 111 of the original Japanese version, during the fight between Sailor Moon, and Eugeal, when the camera switched to the back of Eugeal, I could clearly see a no smoking sign taped to her Fire Buster in the upper left hand corner. if this has already been mentioned, I apologize...
I remember that.

And iirc the first version was made of household appliances...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

StarFlame Soldier
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by StarFlame Soldier » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:22 am

I've noticed that exceptionally smart, technological characters have short hair- Ami in Sailor Moon and Tecna in Winx Club. Don't even get me started on the fake accents (in the dubs).

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:15 am

Earlier in this topic some inconsistency was mentioned with Chibiusa's disappearance during Mamoru's turmoil at the beginning of Stars, but not during the Sailor Moon R movie.
But this is also very inconsistent, because shouldn't she disappear anytime the Earth itself is in danger?
I mean, really now.
If the world falls to the enemies, there is no future.
No future, no Chibiusa.
It's that simple.
It hurts my brain.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:01 am

In the dub of S, Amara calls Serena "Moonface" a few times. I don't know if the writers knew it, but moonface is a real medical condition and probably not a name you'd want to call someone.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:13 pm

http://sailorwar.net/myu_dvd_starsk.html

I don't know if this fits here, but Chibi-Usa DOES meet the Starlights in the first SailorStars Sera Myu--the only time this ever happens in the official Sailor Moon works. I'm not trying to suggest that this means she would be a good best friend for Taiki (I'm not really interested in pairing them up in that manner anymore) but I still like finding an official Sailor Moon production in which Chibi-Usa meets the Starlights. They don't interact much in the musical, but they are in a few scenes together. (I have a downloaded video in raw Japanese of that musical, I'm not just going by the pictures there)

Speaking of the Myu, I don't know if this was noted already; I don't think it was, but the anime is the only place in which the Starlights' outfits actually look black. In the colored manga pictures, in the Myu, and even in the dolls, they always have dark blue outfits. That and Seiya's hair is only black in the anime, it's always dark blue in the other places.

That and Pluto's outfit colors in the Myu are different than in the other incarnations. Although possibly some outfit color differences with the Myu are because certain colors show up better than others on a stage, where the actors need to be easy to see.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:47 pm

Rainbow
Speaking of the Myu, I don't know if this was noted already; I don't think it was, but the anime is the only place in which the Starlights' outfits actually look black. In the colored manga pictures, in the Myu, and even in the dolls, they always have dark blue outfits. That and Seiya's hair is only black in the anime, it's always dark blue in the other places.

That and Pluto's outfit colors in the Myu are different than in the other incarnations. Although possibly some outfit color differences with the Myu are because certain colors show up better than others on a stage, where the actors need to be easy to see.
Interesting, I never noticed that Pluto's outfit colours were different. With that dark wig, if she was wearing the real colours she'd pretty much look like a shapeless moving void (Sailor Black Hole! Burakku Horu Meku Appu!)

Something else I noticed. Luna and Artemis are skinny cats with long whiskers, and unless I'm mistaken, a cat's whiskers should be as wide as their body so they know if they can squeeze through something (of course Luna and Artemis aren't earth cats, so maybe there's some sort of moony, reduced gravity explanation for their whiskers).
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:34 am

I just looked at the picture better, and Pluto's colors are that her main outfit is dark blue (matching Uranus) and her bows are black (matching Saturn). Which is definitely rather different from her anime and manga outfit colors.

However, I'm not sure the colors are different to make her stand out more on stage, because all the Senshi's outfits have shiny gold or silver edges on them, which make them stand out already.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:36 pm

Is it just me or does anybody else feel that for 14 year olds (1st season) the senshi have quite large chests?

When they are in their school uniforms (other than Makoto) they have no chest but when they are transfroming and are in their Sailor fuku, their chests suddenly grow 3 sizes. Now this may just be the outfit but as seen in the epsiode where Usagi wants to lose weight, she has notable cleavage.

It just seems strange how when they are in the School uniforms they appear breastless but their chest size increases in their Sailor fuku.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:41 pm

The senshi uniforms have built in wonder bras. :D

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:59 pm

Or else it's because their breasts are right over their hearts, and the Senshi use the power of their pure hearts to transform! (j/k) Yeah, even Chibi Moon has breasts in the manga when she's transformed, and she's a 10-year old in body, at least. I think she might even have breasts in the anime, but I don't remember.

In homage to How the Grinch Stole Christmas:

"Usagi Tsukino shouted 'Moon Prism Power, Make Up!' for the first time. And as her new powers emerged, her chest grew three sizes that day!"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:40 pm

Rainbow wrote: Yeah, even Chibi Moon has breasts in the manga when she's transformed, and she's a 10-year old in body, at least. I think she might even have breasts in the anime, but I don't remember.
o.O Chibiusa is in like...Kindergarten in R, and I'm pretty sure she's only about 6-8 when she returns in S.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~