Stuff you just...notice...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:12 pm

usachan wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like they never completely re-animated a sequence for when Sailor Moon introduces herself to villians.
The animators will change her brooch, tiara, wardrobe, etc., but the sequence is always the same.
The only time a completely new sequence is used is in SuperS when she and Chibimoon introduce themselves at once.
Yeah they all did seem the same, and I believe the first time she transformed with the Moon Cosmic Power, Make Up and gave her speech, the background remained the same as the previous version of the speech. But something about the Eternal Sailor Moon speech seemed different to me (besides the obvious different background and fuku). I always thought they reanimated that one.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:18 pm

Ever notice, there was no king of the Moon Kingdom? Like when Queen Serenity was ruling the Moon, she had no husband, or king, to help her rule. I've always wondered what could have ever become of the Moon King, if there ever was one...
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:23 pm

Neon Heart wrote:Ever notice, there was no king of the Moon Kingdom? Like when Queen Serenity was ruling the Moon, she had no husband, or king, to help her rule. I've always wondered what could have ever become of the Moon King, if there ever was one...
>_> fuck ruling, I wanna know who fathered Princess Serenity.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:35 pm

Tiff
The man in the moon?
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:58 pm

There was no father. Princess Serenity was formed by Midiclorians! :D

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:15 pm

has any one noticed that in the anime Usagi and Princess Serenity have very diffrent personalites and dispositions.

I don't know I just felt that it was always a bit jarring to make Usagi in her modern day school girl form ditzy and clumsy and rowdy, while making Usagi as Princess Serenity very poised, graceful and elegant. Its like the anime tried make a stark distiction between Usagi as modern day girl and as powerful princess. As if they where two diffrent people almost. :?

But in the manga I've heard that Usagi as a Princess Serenity isn't that diffrent in personality and demeaner to Usagi as normal girl. Any one lese notice this?
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:25 pm

Tiff wrote:
Neon Heart wrote:Ever notice, there was no king of the Moon Kingdom? Like when Queen Serenity was ruling the Moon, she had no husband, or king, to help her rule. I've always wondered what could have ever become of the Moon King, if there ever was one...
Prince Uranus.

It's all in the secret episode 32b that was only shown in Japan once, 'cause nobody bought any poptarts.

Hey, who left that dead horse in here?
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:42 pm

NameGoesHere wrote: Prince Uranus.

It's all in the secret episode 32b that was only shown in Japan once, 'cause nobody bought any poptarts.

Hey, who left that dead horse in here?
*DIES*

Okay, you know what? That's the SECOND time you've made me die tonight. XDDD

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:53 pm

What if Chronos was Princess Serenity's father as well as Sailor Pluto's? I know that would contradict the idea of the Moon Queen only having one child (like what Ceres said in the Stars manga) but it might not have to, if Serenity and Pluto were only half-sisters (in that Pluto would've had a separate mother). Of course, that adds in a lot of other weird questions (like why didn't they say anything if Pluto and Serenity were sisters) but it's an interesting idea to think about.

Or, which might be more probable, what if Serenity had used the Silver Crystal for artificial insemination, so she didn't even need a husband? That actually might be possible, since the Silver Crystal is used as a tool for healing and giving life, so that would be a rather literal application of that use.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:59 pm

Rainbow wrote: Or, which might be more probable, what if Serenity had used the Silver Crystal for artificial insemination, so she didn't even need a husband? That actually might be possible, since the Silver Crystal is used as a tool for healing and giving life, so that would be a rather literal application of that use.
...It gives life to those who have lost it. It doesn't create magical glowy sperm with the intent to impregnate.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Tiff wrote:
Rainbow wrote: Or, which might be more probable, what if Serenity had used the Silver Crystal for artificial insemination, so she didn't even need a husband? That actually might be possible, since the Silver Crystal is used as a tool for healing and giving life, so that would be a rather literal application of that use.
...It gives life to those who have lost it. It doesn't create magical glowy sperm with the intent to impregnate.
*SNORT* LMAO!

sorry, but the above made me almost choke on my Oreo. Move along...
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:56 pm

Maybe it's supposed to be a sort of Biblical reference with Queen Serenity acting as the Virgin Mary and the Princess acting in the role of Jesus. Princess Serenity WAS the Messiah in the Infinity Arc so that could be possible. She don't need no daddy! In my opinion it's more possible than the Queen having sex with a shiny rock or whatever was mentioned before.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:31 pm

More merchandise related, but did you notice that they never made a Chibi Chibi doll? They rehashed all the senshi over and over, released doll versions of all the senshi, starlights, and even the Amazoness Quartet, but no Chibi Chibi.

Speaking of Amazoness Quartet, why were they the only enemies made into dolls. Who were the Senshi supposed to fight? I know the dolls made in American and Canda got a lot of flack (rightfully so, ugly sculpts and the original dolls all wore boots. BLAH!) but at least they made a bunch of villians. My inner senshi and Tuxedo Mask dolls fought Beryl, Emerald, Black Lady, and Diamond all the time.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:19 pm

peachvampiress wrote:More merchandise related, but did you notice that they never made a Chibi Chibi doll? They rehashed all the senshi over and over, released doll versions of all the senshi, starlights, and even the Amazoness Quartet, but no Chibi Chibi.

Speaking of Amazoness Quartet, why were they the only enemies made into dolls. Who were the Senshi supposed to fight? I know the dolls made in American and Canda got a lot of flack (rightfully so, ugly sculpts and the original dolls all wore boots. BLAH!) but at least they made a bunch of villians. My inner senshi and Tuxedo Mask dolls fought Beryl, Emerald, Black Lady, and Diamond all the time.
I remember there was a queen beryl doll released in america but it was pathetic looking
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:26 pm

So did Germany.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

StarFlame Soldier
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by StarFlame Soldier » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:40 am

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:There was no father. Princess Serenity was formed by Midiclorians! :D
So you mean that Darth Vader was Serenity's father :shock: (and the whole "... I am your father" applies).

That's why he was never mentioned, either copyright or shame. :D
Two wrongs don''t make a right, but three lefts do.

In Space, no-one can hear you scream. In Time, nobody listens

Smile for Saz!

sleep, Celeste

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:10 pm

Somebody at the Genvid forums made a really good point that I never noticed before but who is this person on the far right of the pic? http://fighter4luv.net/sm/blackmoon1.jpg
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:08 pm

StarFlame Soldier wrote:
sailorperkytoot123 wrote:There was no father. Princess Serenity was formed by Midiclorians! :D
So you mean that Darth Vader was Serenity's father :shock: (and the whole "... I am your father" applies).

That's why he was never mentioned, either copyright or shame. :D
Now that you mention the "I am your father" thing, it reminded me of how I always imagined in the scene in the anime where they land on the moon and the Queen first appears before them, she would say "Sailor Moon, I am your mother!" and then Usagi would be all surprised and say "No! That's not true! Luna told me you betrayed and murdered my mother!" Luna and Usagi always did have an Obi Wan/Luke relationship. :D
About that Black Moon pic, I always thought it would have been appropriate to put Chiral and Achiral in there, but those last two people don't seem to resemble anyone shown in the anime (or the manga for that matter). But Chiral and Achiral were simply Droids in the anime so I guess technically they aren't part of the Black Moon Family, which always bothered me considering they are the only Droids who are close to looking like a normal human, plus they bear the crescents on their foreheads which none of the other Droids did (as far as I can remember).

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:00 am

Tiff wrote:
LMAO :lol: You really don't know that for sure though :wink: There are any number of things that crystal can do?
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:32 am

Passions55 wrote:
LMAO :lol: You really don't know that for sure though :wink: There are any number of things that crystal can do?
Man, if that were the case, Serenity would have a multi-million dollar idea on her hands. Got a man with slow swimmers? Go to Serenity and her magic impregnating crystal!

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama