Stuff you just...notice...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:50 pm

yet another clone of lazyasianboi wrote:One thing i noticed is the Sailor Senshi and the EOTS (Enemis of the season) are so obvious to piont out in their human forms. It's kinda funny but then again if I was Naru i would be like "Hey, wasn't he the guy that stole my energy?!"
Maybe they all have a magical aura that prevents them from being recognized when transformed? Or maybe we just see their haircolors being the same in each form, but they're different when transformed in their world (like how it's done in PGSM). The hair colors of the Senshi, and even their transformations probably look different to us viewers and to the Senshi themselves.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:17 pm

Okay, please don't laugh at me because I'm serious. I realized this when I was watching one of my SS DVDs. Did anyone notice that the seiyuu for Zirconia is Hisako Kyoda, and Zirconia's dub voice sounds like Yoda. See Hisako Kyoda. I seriously said, "That is super freaky" when I saw it.

...and yes, I really do say Super Freaky.
Last edited by peachvampiress on Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Stephen Victor
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Stephen Victor » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:29 pm

Here's an interesting thing I noticed.

In episode six, there is a scene towards the end awfully similar to a scene in episode 106. In episode six, Amade risks his life to save Akiko from a monster and she tells him he shouldn't have done that because he might not have been able to play the piano anymore. [spoiler]In episode a hundred and six, Neptune risks her life for Uranus and Uranus tells her she shouldn't have done that because she might not have been able to play the violin anymore. [/spoiler]

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:49 pm

Isn't that part of a cliche joke here in America? Where there's some skit about a patient, and it's usually something like this:
Patient: Doctor, will I ever play the (insert musical instrument here) again?
Doctor: Of course you will.
Patient: Great, I never could before!

I know the joke is probably completely unrelated to the more serious incidents on Sailor Moon, but that's what it reminded me of.

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:03 am

peachvampiress wrote:Okay, please don't laugh at me because I'm serious. I realized this when I was watching one of my SS DVDs. Did anyone notice that the seiyuu for Zirconia is Hisako Kyoda, and Zirconia's dub voice sounds like Yoda. See Hisako Kyoda. I seriously said, "That is super freaky" when I saw it.

...and yes, I really do say Super Freaky.
I recently realized that Keiko Han played both Luna and Queen Beryl during the first season (old news, I know). Maybe that's how Luna knew all that stuff about the Dark Kingdom...so, when Queen Beryl was defeated by Sailor Moon, did she get transmigrated as a talking cat? Luna:I shall steal the Silver Crystal one day and I will rule the world! Mwahahahaha! Join me Prince Endyminion! First, I want to finish eating these field mice! Mmmm...so yummy-licious!
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:16 pm

I thought Luna eating mice was just a dub invention ^^;
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:29 pm

Cardcaptor Takato, that was funny about Luna, but that sounded more like it belongs in the silly rumors topic. I find it more interesting that both characters are stern authority figures who also have a hidden soft side. Also, both Luna and Queen Beryl get in unrequited love with a man who DOES help them at some point.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:07 pm

Sorry, too random here, I guess. Moving back on topic...
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

writergirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by writergirl » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:56 pm

How each of the Witches 5.... plus Karoi... could have some reasonable explination for somehow coming back? (I can only wish.)

I know this has been said soemwhere before

That the voice actors (dub) for Tommoe sensei (is that spelled right?) and hotaru are/sound the same as Kakaru (Spelling? the scientist in S movie) and Himeko?

Also for the dub
that Karoiknight and Zoicite sound eerily similair???? Especially their laugh? (Just something I caught in the Moon and uranus S eppy)
Plug for my message board Im awful. ::Hangs head in shame::

Left here alone, and unsure of what I feel. Unclear, but I see, Just what I'm afraid of.
I can't find my way anymore. And I cannot heal the wounds I've created. I can't let let go of whats killing me
Falling from this edge, I am lost to all I know
I can't breathe anymore Somehow I'm locked inside this cage And I've tried, but I cant Fight to stay alive
Falling from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.
I've tried But I can't fight anymore.
I've Fallen from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.
~ Megan McCauley's "Reverie"

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:00 pm

Um, writergirl, the Witches 5 don't come back in the anime. I hope that RPG on my forum isn't confusing you about the actual show. :wink:

writergirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by writergirl » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:21 pm

DUH!!!!!! no I'm not saying that at all! I know they don't, I'm just saying if they ever would... there's be a reasonable explination for it.

Left here alone, and unsure of what I feel. Unclear, but I see, Just what I'm afraid of.
I can't find my way anymore. And I cannot heal the wounds I've created. I can't let let go of whats killing me
I can't breathe anymore Somehow I'm locked inside this cage And I've tried, but I cant Fight to stay alive
Falling from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.
I've Fallen from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.

The Moonie
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by The Moonie » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:32 pm

Usagi did kinda reconize Kaoriniteand when minako transformed into Sailor Moon people did acept that she was Sailor Moon even if they did know it was Usagi. Plus seiya at one point noted the simalarities between Usagi and Sailor Moon. I think there is some kind of mental block or magic which disguises them.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:39 pm

writergirl wrote:DUH!!!!!! no I'm not saying that at all! I know they don't, I'm just saying if they ever would... there's be a reasonable explination for it.
Huh? What reasonable explanation? I don't get it... :?

writergirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by writergirl » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:44 pm

sorry that it is off topic.

KaroiKnight: Just dissappeared... could be sent to a pocket dimension.
Eujiel: Car crash, she could have mad eit out...
Mimmette, someone turned the machine back on, and turned the screen on... she escaped.
Telulu: Eaten by a plant... Well okay not a good one there. pocket dimension....
Vily... same.
Cyprine & ptilol: They knocked eachother unconscious, and are stuck in that alternate reality.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:14 pm

Now that I think of it, why did pulling that plug kill Mimet? I mean, she should have simply been trapped in those TVs until they were turned back on...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

writergirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by writergirl » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:34 pm

exactly... Telulu said that who ever used it, if the machiene was shut off while the person was in it, they would be locked in it forever..... but what if it was turned back on? coudln't they escape?

And the senshi, while surveying the area (i'm just going by the dub so gomen ahead of time) that everythgin the dimension, HOtaru, Deathbusters.. everythgin had just dissappeared.... how could that be??/ pocket dimension!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:19 am

writergirl wrote:
That the voice actors (dub) for Tommoe sensei (is that spelled right?) and hotaru are/sound the same as Kakaru (Spelling? the scientist in S movie) and Himeko?

Also for the dub
that Karoiknight and Zoicite sound eerily similair???? Especially their laugh? (Just something I caught in the Moon and uranus S eppy)
1) Himeko and Hotaru's voice actresses are completely different people.
2) Kaorinite and Zoicite's dub actresses, however ARE the same people. That's why they sound alike. She's also Emerald's voice actress.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

writergirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by writergirl » Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:37 pm

wow tiffu!!! i didn't realize she was Emerald;s as well! wow.... :shock:

I thought the two (Himeko and Hotaru) sounded similar.... hmm must have just been me....

Also somethign I just... noticed... there's a movie for R S and Ss but why not Classic or Stars????????????

(I was once misinformed ther there in fact was a movie for Stars but I think they got confused with they very end of it.. lol)

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:34 pm

writergirl wrote: Also somethign I just... noticed... there's a movie for R S and Ss but why not Classic or Stars????????????
Some possible reasons:
1) Toei wanted to give more attention to the middle child seasons.
2) Toei wanted to showcase Chibi-Usa-sama more. (she's not in Classic at all, and just in the beginning of SailorStars)
3) They weren't sure it would be as popular when it started, so they waited to make a movie until the 2nd season. Then, as is known, popularity of the show dropped off during/because of SuperS, so they thought a SailorStars movie would be unprofitable.

Personally, I think there should've been a SailorStars movie where Chibi-Usa-sama and Taiki meet, but that's just because I think they'd make good friends (and because of reasons in their characters, not just because they're both highly disliked in the BSSM fan community).

Anna Roz
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Anna Roz » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:53 pm

I would've liked to have seen Saturn in at least the SuperS movie, I mean even though she was a baby at the time in the anime, keep in mind that Sailor Pluto is in the SuperS movie even though she apparently "died", or at least faked her own death, in S and the other Outers were suddenly so surprised to see her in Stars, and if we're trying to fit the movies into the canon, it wouldn't make much sense. So therefore, Saturn, at least in my opinion, should've had an appearance in one of the movies, since the movies don't seem to follow the Sailormoon canon. Poor Saturn, she's shafted so much..If there was a SailorStars movie, Saturn should've been in it, and she would've at least appeared in ONE movie.