Stuff you just...notice...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed May 21, 2008 7:06 pm

In episode 60, Koan is in a crowd of little kids and she's not in disguise.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Wed May 28, 2008 6:52 pm

Perhaps I am drinking too much coffee or studying too hard but:

Season 1 - new monster every episode, bad guy wants world domination

Season 2 - new monster every episode, a new bad guy wants world domination

Season 3 - new monster every episode, another new bad guy wants world domination

Anyone see a pattern here? Or am I seeing things.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed May 28, 2008 6:56 pm

bioengineer wrote:Perhaps I am drinking too much coffee or studying too hard but:

Season 1 - new monster every episode, bad guy wants world domination

Season 2 - new monster every episode, a new bad guy wants world domination

Season 3 - new monster every episode, another new bad guy wants world domination

Anyone see a pattern here? Or am I seeing things.
considering that's the basic premise of the show...of course there's a pattern. That's the basic premise for ANY "superhero"-type cartoon/anime.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed May 28, 2008 7:26 pm

They did kick it up a bit in season 5 by having Galaxia wanting to dominate the universe. Out of all the nutcase baddies, Galaxia was clearly the ambitious go-getter.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:01 pm

Recently I've been watching the first season again and I'm nearing the end, and I just noticed a few small things. In the episode with the lake monster at the hot springs, at the end after the monster is healed she looks at Tuxedo Mask who turns back into Mamoru. Then we see the healed girl's face again and then it goes back to Mamoru but he's Tuxedo Mask again. Just a minor mistake on the animators part I guess.

In the following episode with Ami and Urawa, Urawa is at a phone booth at the beginning and a woman and little girl walk by. Later, Makoto and Ami are by the same phone booth, and the exact same woman and girl walk by. I guess the animators used the same background for the scene.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:38 pm

In episode 168, when Hotaru is getting her memories back, and she is at a picnic with the inners. However, when she went on the picnic in 116, she was with only Usagi, Mamoru, and Chibiusa.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:30 am

I noticed in PGSM that
-Usagi uses her disguise-phone in the middle of a crowded street to put on dresses and nobody notices
-Ami and Rei call Usagi "Tsukino-san" right in front of Tux and he's still suprised a couple of episodes later that she's Sailor Moon,
-and Motoki never seems to wonder where the girls have disappeared to when they enter their secret room. Well, Motoki isn't too bright, but surely a visitor would eventually notice the girls coming out of an invisible room. But then again, Crown never has a single visitor except Usagi & co. :roll:

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:19 pm

In the S episode where Yuuichirou's heart is taken, the girls are talking about Rei and Yuuichirou in their civilian clothes but when they hear Yuuichirou is leaving they hurry outside and are suddenly in their school uniforms.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:52 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:In the S episode where Yuuichirou's heart is taken, the girls are talking about Rei and Yuuichirou in their civilian clothes but when they hear Yuuichirou is leaving they hurry outside and are suddenly in their school uniforms.
That always bothered me.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:46 pm

rockable wrote:I noticed in PGSM that
-Usagi uses her disguise-phone in the middle of a crowded street to put on dresses and nobody notices
-Ami and Rei call Usagi "Tsukino-san" right in front of Tux and he's still suprised a couple of episodes later that she's Sailor Moon,
-and Motoki never seems to wonder where the girls have disappeared to when they enter their secret room. Well, Motoki isn't too bright, but surely a visitor would eventually notice the girls coming out of an invisible room. But then again, Crown never has a single visitor except Usagi & co. :roll:
Yea, especially the second one you mentioned. They're calling each other by civilian names in front of Tuxedo Mask, wouldn't Mamoru have gotten a clue?
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:54 pm

I noticed that at the end of the second opening for Classic, Princess Serenity and Tuxedo Mask are in front of the moon castle, yet the moon is clearly in the sky. [sarcasm]Wow! All this time I thought the moon castle was actually ON the moon! I guess I learned something.[/sarcasm]

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:04 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:In episode 60, Koan is in a crowd of little kids and she's not in disguise.
That scene always cracked me up. Wasn't she posing as a substitute teacher in the dub?

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:06 am

Umino wrote:
AnimatedEvey12 wrote:In episode 60, Koan is in a crowd of little kids and she's not in disguise.
That scene always cracked me up. Wasn't she posing as a substitute teacher in the dub?
That's something else I noticed. These schools seem to let anyone come in and interact with the children for whatever reason. Like when Minako came into the school to talk to the children about how Sailor Moon is real. At least Minako looks normal. Koan has a freakin' big-ass jewel on her head and a kinky purple skirt! And no one seems to care that she's gathering a bunch children around her. Actually now that I think about it, in the original version I think she was just on a random playground, not at a school. Oh well, you'd still think a parent would be curious what this strange woman was doing with all the children.

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:56 pm

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:
Umino wrote:
That's something else I noticed. These schools seem to let anyone come in and interact with the children for whatever reason. Like when Minako came into the school to talk to the children about how Sailor Moon is real. At least Minako looks normal. Koan has a freakin' big-ass jewel on her head and a kinky purple skirt! And no one seems to care that she's gathering a bunch children around her. Actually now that I think about it, in the original version I think she was just on a random playground, not at a school. Oh well, you'd still think a parent would be curious what this strange woman was doing with all the children.
Well it was a different time and place so maybe concerns about a child being kidnapped were not as prevalent
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:10 pm

Another thing I noticed;)
Is it just me, or is PGSM Minako supposed to be Christian? We see her praying in a church and in the Act Zero special, she's singing a Christmas song. I know that Japanese like to celebrate Christmas for fun because they think it's exotic or something, but she seems pretty serious about it. :?:

Also, I noticed in general that everybody is *really* stupid for not figuring out each other's identities. Even if you assume that their identity is magically hidden. "Hm..we're in this holiday resort in the middle of nowhere and Haruka and Michiru are there. Hey, Uranus and Neptune are here too! What a coincidence!"

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:56 pm

rockable wrote:Also, I noticed in general that everybody is *really* stupid for not figuring out each other's identities. Even if you assume that their identity is magically hidden. "Hm..we're in this holiday resort in the middle of nowhere and Haruka and Michiru are there. Hey, Uranus and Neptune are here too! What a coincidence!"
That bugged me alot. Especially after Chibimoon's debut. A pink haired girl shows up hanging out with Usagi. A pink haired girl shows up fighting with Sailor Moon. HELLO?! What's funny is that in the Italian dub her name was "Sailor Chibiusa". XD

The only time it's really understandable is with the Starlights. I mean, who'da thought pop singers could change genders in a matter of seconds?

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:09 pm

Umino wrote:
rockable wrote:Also, I noticed in general that everybody is *really* stupid for not figuring out each other's identities. Even if you assume that their identity is magically hidden. "Hm..we're in this holiday resort in the middle of nowhere and Haruka and Michiru are there. Hey, Uranus and Neptune are here too! What a coincidence!"
That bugged me alot. Especially after Chibimoon's debut. A pink haired girl shows up hanging out with Usagi. A pink haired girl shows up fighting with Sailor Moon. HELLO?! What's funny is that in the Italian dub her name was "Sailor Chibiusa". XD

The only time it's really understandable is with the Starlights. I mean, who'da thought pop singers could change genders in a matter of seconds?
o_0 Sailor Chibiusa???? Weird

Yea and when The Three Lights change in The Starlights the The Starlights actually [spoiler] have breasts[/spoiler]
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:21 pm

I just noticed that the transformations in thee show and in the movies are different.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:51 am

I know why they did this and it doesnt bother me too much but I love to make fun of it.

Did you notice in sailormoon that Japan seems to be the only important counrty?

I mean the dark kingdom was stationed in the north pole, so they had access to a lot of countries yet they only attacked Japan, also the rainbow crystals that were scattered all over the earth were all in Japan.

And of course as the death busters proved only people in Japan can have pure hearts.

The Doom Tree and the Dead Moon Circus landed in Toyko so I can excuse those.

Galaxia seemed to be the only villian to notice those other countries on the planet.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:01 am

That's explained in the manga. All of the villians were drawn to the Silver Crystal.