Stuff you just...notice...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

yamichan2
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by yamichan2 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:58 pm

Pack to the panty shots thing,
The R season is really the only one with major panty shots (Only in the Japanese version).
They are most common in this season and you rarely see this in the other seasons.
My mom was wathcing R with me and noticed all the Chibi-usa panty shots that weren't cut in the dub. She questions if the guy in charge of edinting might be a bit pedophilillic.
Find me on www.gaiaonline.com! :P

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:35 pm

yamichan2 wrote: this season and you rarely see this in the other seasons.
My mom was wathcing R with me and noticed all the Chibi-usa panty shots that weren't cut in the dub. She questions if the guy in charge of edinting might be a bit pedophilillic.
Well, anime has always been known for showing upskirt shots of little girls.. since Mahoutsukai Sally, and Fushigi na Melmo.

Pipestrell
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Pipestrell » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:12 am

yamichan2 wrote:Pack to the panty shots thing,
The R season is really the only one with major panty shots (Only in the Japanese version).
They are most common in this season and you rarely see this in the other seasons.
That disturbing explanation would explain why they even have full-frontal-chibi-nudity in S dub. I shudder at the implications of these double standards.
Rosencrantz: Do you think death could be a boat?
Guildenstern: No; Death is not, it isn’t. Death is the ultimate negative; not being. You can’t not be on a boat.
Rosencrantz: I’ve frequently not been on boats.
Guildenstern: No; what you’ve been, is not on boats.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:49 pm

When did they show full frontal chibi nudity (or whatever you called it :D ) in the S dub? I don't recall it in the orignial let alone the dub. Well, I guess there was the transformation in the movie...or do you mean when she was taking a bath in S? I'm probably just wrong as usual.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:54 pm

It was in SuperS, when she pulled off her clothes and got into her nightgown near the end of one of the early episodes. I think it's the one where she first gets the Stallion Reve.

Also, she's naked in her transformation, just like the other Senshi are.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Pipestrell
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Pipestrell » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:11 am

It was the bath scene I meant and especailly the bit just after where she runs up the stairs in her birthday suit. (ep 123J 116E) According to the comparison it wasn't cut.

I have a rather poor quality screen shot from the sub but I feel loathed to post it incase someone actually gets a kick out of it. I have no problem with the use of nudity in the series but dwelling on one still image just seem wrong.
Rosencrantz: Do you think death could be a boat?
Guildenstern: No; Death is not, it isn’t. Death is the ultimate negative; not being. You can’t not be on a boat.
Rosencrantz: I’ve frequently not been on boats.
Guildenstern: No; what you’ve been, is not on boats.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat May 19, 2007 8:42 pm

I realized tonight, seeing fireflies outside, that Hotaru's birthday is not at a time when she could see them outdoors, since she has a winter birthday. It's just kind of ironic since her name means "firefly" in Japanese.

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:28 am

Here's a random one. In episode 116, everyone kept talking about what an "old man" the target was. To me he looked about 30, tops. I would almost go so far to say he was hot, but I always feel a little weird calling animated characters hot, lol.

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:11 pm

usachan wrote:Here's a random one. In episode 116, everyone kept talking about what an "old man" the target was. To me he looked about 30, tops. I would almost go so far to say he was hot, but I always feel a little weird calling animated characters hot, lol.
Yeah, that's one part of anime I really hate. If you dare to be past the age of 23 or so, you're getting up there. Youth-obsessed culture is the most irritating thing ever.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:55 pm

I noticed that even though Shadow Galactica was the most powerful enemy, it was basically the smallest group. The Dark Kingdom had Metalia, Beryl, Jadite, Nephrite, Zoisite, Kunzite, and all their armies of Youma. Black Moon had Wiseman, Dimand, Safir, Esmeraude, Rubeus, Koan, Berthier, Kalaveras, Petz, and their armies of Droids. You know the rest. But Shadow Galactica had Galaxia and 4 Animamates. All the other villains had armies of minor monsters. Sure there were Phages, but they weren't part of Shadow Galactica. They were just humans who had just had their star seeds stolen and for some reason did what the Animamates told them. Of course we don't know they exact number of youma, or cardians, or droids, or daimon, or lemures, but we saw enough to know that as a whole all the enemy organizations were larger than Shadow Galactica (by that I mean they had more members). I'm referring to the anime of course.

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Randomness

Post by usachan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:22 pm

I didn't notice a topic like this.

This is a topic where you can discuss things in Sailor Moon that just made you go, "Huhhh??? Raannnndom....."

I have a couple in particular on my mind.

In episode 184, what was the deal with a reporter just popping up at her house? It was just quite out of the blue.

And also in episode 187 how Rei and Minako just tied up the announcer and MC'd the game themselves. What the heck?
Wouldn't they get arrested for assault or something?

Those are all I can think of at the moment, since I am watching Stars afteral! :D

Feel free to post any you can think of!

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:01 pm

http://www.smuncensored.com/forums/view ... 64&start=0

I think this could fit with this thread.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:41 pm

Agreed. Topic Merged.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:26 pm

Ever notice how the Senshi's enemies never decided to cause trouble while they were in school? It's just like they decided "We must ATTACK them, and DESTROY them!!! But first, lets let them learn a little math".

Am I missing something, and has anyone else noticed this?
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:07 am

Neon Heart
Ever notice how the Senshi's enemies never decided to cause trouble while they were in school? It's just like they decided "We must ATTACK them, and DESTROY them!!! But first, lets let them learn a little math".

That would have made for some interesting episodes. Watching Usagi and the other girls trying to find ways of sneaking out of class to go fight would've been hilarious.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:30 am

The scene in Stars manga right before Rei and Mina get killed. The scene with them at the roof top talking together looked extremely somwhat very friendly. Does anyone think that maybe they were more than friends in the manga? This looks even more true to me when they tell the Starlights "they don't need men".

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:14 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Neon Heart

That would have made for some interesting episodes. Watching Usagi and the other girls trying to find ways of sneaking out of class to go fight would've been hilarious.
I thought about this, and it made me think of one of the Alan and Ann stories in the R series. I remember there was one where both Usagi and Ann were stuck in detention or something together and Ann kept trying to sneak up on Usagi and steal her energy or something. I don't remember what exactly happened, though, it's been awhile since I've seen that story, but I'm pretty sure Ann did get some of Usagi's energy. That and Tin Nyanko's disguise as a Juuban High student.

I didn't really notice that, but it would've been interesting. I think that they would've had to tell their teacher(s) that they were the Senshi so they would be allowed to leave. Or else the ones who weren't in school at the moment could fight the monster, which would possibly leave only Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Pluto and then they would really be in trouble if both of them got captured or something.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:44 am

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:When did they show full frontal chibi nudity (or whatever you called it :D ) in the S dub? I don't recall it in the orignial let alone the dub. Well, I guess there was the transformation in the movie...or do you mean when she was taking a bath in S? I'm probably just wrong as usual.
It's not even anything worth fretting about. All they show is her preteen chest.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:08 pm

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:
sailorperkytoot123 wrote:When did they show full frontal chibi nudity (or whatever you called it :D ) in the S dub? I don't recall it in the orignial let alone the dub. Well, I guess there was the transformation in the movie...or do you mean when she was taking a bath in S? I'm probably just wrong as usual.
It's not even anything worth fretting about. All they show is her preteen chest.

Oooo baby.
Just kidding, I'm not a pervert. Hmmm what have I noticed lately. Ah yes! In the R movie during the Moon Revenge scene Venus's back bow is blue instead of yellow when they show the Inners holding hands as the view goes across the whole asteroid from the back to the front (I think it's right before they start calling out powers.
I also noticed that in the Stars opening(s) when the Senshi all put their hands together, Mars and Moon are the first to join hands. Awwww cute ain't it? (If you're interested the order they join hands is Moon and Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, and then Venus).
Also in Stars I noticed that the rays of light or energy or whatever in the silent attack with the Tiare (the one shown in the opening) change the direction they're spinning in at one point. Yes, I notice random balogna like that.

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:50 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like they never completely re-animated a sequence for when Sailor Moon introduces herself to villians.
The animators will change her brooch, tiara, wardrobe, etc., but the sequence is always the same.
The only time a completely new sequence is used is in SuperS when she and Chibimoon introduce themselves at once.