Stuff you just...notice...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:23 pm

Yasha Kodachi wrote:I'm not sure if it counts since it didn't happen IN Sailor Moon, or if someone said it before.
Actually, your post would be better suited for the "Sailor Moon Sightings" thread.

Thanks for the info though, now I want to see Koenma in the Tuxedo Kamen outfit! The screencap you posted actually reminds me more of Kei and Yuri from Dirty Pair though.

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:47 am

In the Sailor V manga, Minako says, "I never cry!" Come to think of it, I can't think of a single time in the 200 episodes that she does (except for maybe episode 42 or whatever, but my memory of that one is iffy).

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:48 am

One thing I've noticed... When the sailor soldiers are fighting, flying all over the place evading attacks, kicking, running, ect.... You never once see their skirts fly up and flash their panties. xD
Last edited by Neon Heart on Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:57 am

Actually, that does happen a lot on the Live-Action version, interestingly enough.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:51 pm

Neon Heart wrote:One thing I've noticed... When the sailor soldiers are fighting, flying all over the place evading attacks, kicking, running, ect.... You never once see their skirts fly up and flash their panties. xD
They were adheisive skirts. LOL
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:33 pm

Sailor V wrote:
Neon Heart wrote:One thing I've noticed... When the sailor soldiers are fighting, flying all over the place evading attacks, kicking, running, ect.... You never once see their skirts fly up and flash their panties. xD
They were adheisive skirts. LOL
Meh.Not to rain on your parade, but I actually remeber two separate occaisions when you got to see their panties:
1. In R, the episode with the droid Jamanen, jewels that turned women searching for love into men haters, Venus did a little backflip and you got to see her panties.
2. In episode 171 when Jupiter tosses Nehelenia into the air, you get to Jupiter's panties twice in that scene.
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:46 pm

Really? O_o I've seen panties on the show dozens of times.

But yeah, definitely happens more on the live-action show. ^^;
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:38 pm

There's also a panty shot of Rei during one of her first episodes... somewhere in the 10-13 range, I think.

Episode 11. http://www.smuncensored.com/images/scre ... 011-s8.jpg

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:20 am

>_>; I wasn't aware of any actual panty shots... It's been too long.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:24 am

For an interesting coincidence this year, Sailor Pluto's birthday is on the day Daylight Savings Time starts, at least where I am. I guess as a present, she gets to set time back an hour. :wink:

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:18 pm

Rainbow wrote:For an interesting coincidence this year, Sailor Pluto's birthday is on the day Daylight Savings Time starts, at least where I am. I guess as a present, she gets to set time back an hour. :wink:
ROFL :lol:
I didn't notice that, She probably did that so we don't forget that she's a senshi too

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:14 pm

Well, I only noticed it because I keep track of Senshi birthdays, even the ones who I don't like much. I even have them listed on the calendar in my room.

Kali
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Kali » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:14 pm

am i the only person who notaced that in SAILOR V, one of the first things artemas says to minako is that she is the reincarnation of the goddess Venus/ Aphrodite?

considering that queen serenity is apparantly a reincarnation of Selene that makes me wonder what other SM girls have divine connections. u get so little backstory with them, its sad........!!

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:04 pm

So... Sailor Jupiter would be Zeus? Makoto is a man? I think Mars was a guy to... I don't know. My friend loves greek mythology, I'm so gonna ask her now.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:02 am

Panda wrote:So... Sailor Jupiter would be Zeus? Makoto is a man? I think Mars was a guy to... I don't know. My friend loves greek mythology, I'm so gonna ask her now.
The only one that is named after a female god is Venus. The rest are named after male gods.
Curiously, Artemis is a female god...
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

yamichan2
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by yamichan2 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:59 pm

Aya Reiko wrote:
Panda wrote:So... Sailor Jupiter would be Zeus? Makoto is a man? I think Mars was a guy to... I don't know. My friend loves greek mythology, I'm so gonna ask her now.
The only one that is named after a female god is Venus. The rest are named after male gods.
Curiously, Artemis is a female god...
Artemis is a female god. Interestingly enough this is the Greek name for her, rather than the Roman (Diana) Most of the others follow the roman system, (Moon and Uranus being the other exceptions). Venus's (Aphrodite) is a female. However all the others except Moon( the moon is almost always charectorized as a female), were male charectors originally. So Venus is not the only one named after a female.

Mercury(Hermes) was the messenger, He had those winged shoes, Mars(Ares) was the god of war (who interestingly enough tried to get in Venus's skirts more than a few times, and succeded ocasionally, I think), Jupiter was Zues, and was the King of the Gods, he overthrew his creators (the Titans) to do it.
Luna(Selene) is the goddess of the moon, there is a story of a moon godess/princess falling in love with a sheep herder named Endymion^_^, though I do recall that this is not actually Selene but one of her children (Which might indicate Queen Serenity as the Moon Goddess and Usagi as that daughter).
Uranus(look up the Wikipedia entry on Uranus in mythology) was the god of the sky and is said to personify heaven. Neptune(Posiden) is the god of the ocean, and Zues brother. Pluto(Hades) is also Zues brother and is the god of Death and the underworld. Saturn (Chronos) is the god of time.
That is what I know about the mythology of the Planets and whatnot. Here is the link to Uranus's wikipedia entry.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus_(mythology)
Find me on www.gaiaonline.com! :P

Yasha Kodachi
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Yasha Kodachi » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:31 pm

I don't remember seeing this posted yet..

In the Sailor Stars opening, it seems that the Inners' hobbies are messed up, except for Ami and I guess Usagi:
-Rei is seen shopping, but that's more Minako's thing if I remember properly.
-Makoto is wearing a kimono, but Rei's the priestess.
-Minako is cooking, which is Makoto's forte.

I guess they decided to trade niches for the day or something.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:03 am

I hope this counts for this thread. I was saw this stupid show on Nickelodeon called Kappa Mikey or soemthing that was making fun of anime I guess and this one guy for like a couple seconds was playing an organ like Eugeal(sp) and he was playing the exact same song and it was completely identical. I think its a real song but I don't know, I forget I hope this fits the thread.
And just incase it doesn't fit, I'll add this: in episode 2 when Usagi hits Mamoru in the head with her shoe, we see a scene of Mamo from behind and his pants are green instead of grey or whatever they're supposed to be. But we see them in their correct color moments later I believe. Was he changing his pants during the scene? We'll never know...........

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:17 am

That song is Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, and it's played in many "scary villain" scenes in Sailor Moon that I've noticed.

However, since it's a song that predated Sailor Moon by a lot, that may not have been a reference to the Eudial scene.

StarFlame Soldier
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by StarFlame Soldier » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:24 pm

Rainbow wrote:For an interesting coincidence this year, Sailor Pluto's birthday is on the day Daylight Savings Time starts, at least where I am. I guess as a present, she gets to set time back an hour. :wink:

Along the same line, I noticed on a calender of '07 that there will be a full moon on June 30. :shock: (Usagi's birthday). I thought it was a cute coincidence. : )
Two wrongs don''t make a right, but three lefts do.

In Space, no-one can hear you scream. In Time, nobody listens

Smile for Saz!

sleep, Celeste