Stuff you just...notice...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Mon May 15, 2006 6:20 pm

Here's a pun I thought about. Mimette's human name is Mimi Hanyu. And in the manga, she's an idol singer (or at least poses as one). I just thought, "Mimi" is a good name for a singer, since it means "ear" in Japanese and what do you hear singing with, but ears!

I was just wondering if that was a weird coincidence or else it really was a pun since Sailor Moon has so many of them.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Tue May 16, 2006 10:26 pm

Luna first appeared in episode 1. Artemis first appeared in episode 33. Diana first appeared in episode 133. Coincindence?

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:05 pm

Here's something I found out today. In episode 27 (Love for Ami-chan?! A Boy Who Sees the Future) Mako-chan and Usagi look at the lowest marks. All the other names are actual staff members at Toei Animation!

Tadao Matsumoto
Minori Kajimoto
Naomi Takeda
Masahiro Ando
Kazuo Komatsubara

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:27 pm

THREAD RESURRECTION POWA!

I just noticed in 2nd episode with the Starlights (8th in Stars) When Ami-chan prints out the Science paper about space (or something). On the paper it actually has Lyrics for Highway to the Dangerzone ROFL :lol:
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:49 pm

Here is something I just noticed. The catagory of this anime/manga is "super hero magical girls", which at the moment forget the correct japanese wording used to describe it.
But if the entire show is supposed to be girl power themed, showing they can overcome anything and everything, and targeted for young women/girl/female audience, then why add male/guy/men characters into the mix? I really can not see what purpose it serves or the importance of them.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:00 pm

Because then it would just be a bunch of lesbians... and it would create problems for Chibi-Usa...

^ is a hater...

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:15 am

Panda wrote: and it would create problems for Chibi-Usa...
What problems? Yes I am smart enough to know that Chibisa/Rini/SmallLady is not homosexual in either canon (except in fanon works).
Last edited by bioengineer on Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:30 am

Y'know if there was no men that would mean no Mamoru, that means Usagi and Mamoru cant do the deed and create Chibi-Usa in the first place.........DAMMIT Why couldnt they all just be lesbians :P
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:22 am

*cringes*
Didnt think about that. Thanks for clearing up that little fact I overlooked.

*bioengineer bashes head against the for being a moron*

Thank you very much Dragon Master. Thank you.

*bioengineer bashes his head against the wall again*

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:35 pm

bioengineer wrote:Here is something I just noticed. The catagory of this anime/manga is "super hero magical girls", which at the moment forget the correct japanese wording used to describe it.
But if the entire show is supposed to be girl power themed, showing they can overcome anything and everything, and targeted for young women/girl/female audience, then why add male/guy/men characters into the mix? I really can not see what purpose it serves or the importance of them.
That was precisely why guys were put in the show. It mostly had to do with ratings and such. If all they had were a bunch of girls running around in short skirts kicking some ass, then the only groups it would have appealed to would have been guys. There would not have been many reasons for girls to get into it. But with guys in the show, it also put in a romance factor, which does appeal to women. This had the effect of drawing in the female audience, in addition to the other factors of the show (a bunch of girls fighting for what they believe in while still able to look good doing it). If anyone thinks this theory is incorrect please feel free to correct me.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:32 am

Kind of lame, but.... One thing I've noticed is Hotaru doesn't have a mom. Is she dead, or did she just get tired of Professor Tomoe?
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Fruityla
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Fruityla » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:47 am

Hotaru's mom is dead. I remember Hotaru simply saying telling Usagi and ChibiUsa that in the anime (At least the dub did.) but the manga gets more in-depth and states the cause as being the huge lab accident.

"Don''t let the cave-in get you down
Don''t let the falling rocks turn your smile into a frown...Sokka"
- Minstrel "Avatar: The Last Avatar"

Now you see me <_< Now you don''t

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:29 am

bioengineer wrote:Here is something I just noticed. The catagory of this anime/manga is "super hero magical girls", which at the moment forget the correct japanese wording used to describe it.
I see where you are coming from actually! I mean, of course there needs to be guy characters, but do we really need to have one that is always bailing the girls out of trouble? I think there should BE a Mamoru, but I think it would be better if he didn't have to save Sailor Moon so often.

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:42 am

But usually in the final battles, for example like with Queen Beryl, the Deathbusters (with Master Pharaoh 90) and even Queen Galaxia, Mamoru wasn't there helping Sailor Moon at all. In the battle with Queen Galaxia, SM didn't rely on anyone (not Mamoru or the Sailor Senshi) but herself in order to win against Chaos.
Current Sailor Moon Season watched: Re-watching Sailor Moon Classic
Episode 15: "Usagi is Frantic! Rei''s First Date"

sailor skywalker
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by sailor skywalker » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:26 pm

maybe this is wrong to post it here

the voice of Trish/Dante's mother in Devil May Cry 1
is the same as Sailor Uranus in Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S: The Movie and Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon superS: The Movie

the name of the person who lend her voice to them is Sarah Lafleur

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:36 pm

Neon Heart wrote:Kind of lame, but.... One thing I've noticed is Hotaru doesn't have a mom. Is she dead, or did she just get tired of Professor Tomoe?
I believe she was mentioned as dying in that lab accident...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:49 pm

Dinozore wrote:
Neon Heart wrote:Kind of lame, but.... One thing I've noticed is Hotaru doesn't have a mom. Is she dead, or did she just get tired of Professor Tomoe?
You are correct, sir ^^

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:00 pm

Tiff wrote:
Dinozore wrote:
You are correct, sir ^^
Well, that's manga-only. In the anime Hotaru says she died a long time ago but that's it.

Yasha Kodachi
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Yasha Kodachi » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:06 pm

I'm not sure if it counts since it didn't happen IN Sailor Moon, or if someone said it before.

In one of the very last episodes of YuYu Hakusho, a character, Keiko, is seen walking with two friends. Friends that look A LOT like Haruka and Michiru with a dye job. You can see them clearly, and I think the Haruka-clone talks.

Also, in another episode, Koenma is seen dressed as Tuxedo Kamen. Appartenlty, Kurama also says, "Just call me Tuxedo Mask". I don't remember it, but that's what Wikipedia says.

I'm guessing Yoshihiro Togashi thought it would be sweet to slap in some SM references for his wife/girlfriend/whatever she was to him back then.

EDIT: Aha! Found a pic of the Ruka and Michi clones. Turns out, they both talk...and Michi-person is taller that Haruka....interesting.
Image They're not exact, but you can tell where they came from.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:40 pm

It was one of the last few episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho that Koenma had dressed up as Tuxedo Kamen, and that part with Kurama happened in the manga, not the anime. And he only said it because he had thrown a rose at whatever he was fighting at the time.

And I don't think that it was entirely Togashi-sensei's idea to put all of those Sailor Moon references in either the manga or the anime. He may have made joking references in the manga, but the anime he had little to no control over, much like the way Takeuchi-sensei had with Sailor Moon. So whatever was done in the anime probably had nothing to do with what Togashi-sensei wanted. [/off-topic-ness]
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?