Stuff you just...notice...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:30 am

In the second episode of R when all the senshi except for Usagi are invited to audition they bump into eachother outside and mention they should go in together because TV stations are like mazes (Which Usagi gets lost in later in the ep)

And somewhere in Stars, Usagi and Chibi Chibi are wandering around Galaxy TV, I think, and they say its like a maze and keep getting lost.

A bit off-topic but did anyone else, at the end of Stars, feel like (not sure if this should be put in Spoilers so I will just in case) [spoiler]all the characters deaths had less of an impact because their Star Seeds still existed?[/spoiler]
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:09 am

DragonMasterZero wrote:A bit off-topic but did anyone else, at the end of Stars, feel like (not sure if this should be put in Spoilers so I will just in case) [spoiler]all the characters deaths had less of an impact because their Star Seeds still existed?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I just assume their deaths had less of an impact because they had been killed so many times before. Like, in the first season, it seemed more like there was a LOT more impact because the Senshi die for the very first time, and plus they seemed to have more physical wounds that might have lead to their death. Not just because they had a seed or crystal or whatever taken away.[/spoiler]

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:04 am

WHOA!

I was going through some Sailor Moon eps to make sure everything worked on my DVD player, when on episode 38 of the Dub (I think its 43 of the original when all the scouts are pretending to fight to find out where the Dark Kingdom is located)

When Usagi gives the photographer the letter from Sailor Moon you can see a small picture of Sailor Moon, and guess what, shes got the hairclips from her Super form!

I wonder if its just the dub that put it in, but that would seem really pointless and odd.
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:06 am

DragonMasterZero wrote:When Usagi gives the photographer the letter from Sailor Moon you can see a small picture of Sailor Moon, and guess what, shes got the hairclips from her Super form!
Sailor Moon always had the hairclips in the manga. If some reason the anime didn't include them until she turned into Super Sailor Moon.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:59 am

DragonMasterZero wrote:WHOA!

I was going through some Sailor Moon eps to make sure everything worked on my DVD player, when on episode 38 of the Dub (I think its 43 of the original when all the scouts are pretending to fight to find out where the Dark Kingdom is located)

When Usagi gives the photographer the letter from Sailor Moon you can see a small picture of Sailor Moon, and guess what, shes got the hairclips from her Super form!

I wonder if its just the dub that put it in, but that would seem really pointless and odd.
That was in the original as well. That also reminds me that in the episode where the Sailor Soldiers meet King Endymion for the first time in R, during the scene where he tells her that he always used to tell Chibi-usa stories about Sailor Moon, they show a silouhette of Sailor Moon also with the hairclips in her hair.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 am

Not sure if anyone mentioned this in or not...

But in episode 20, Summer! The Sea! Our Youth! Also a Ghost!

The family's name in the house was "ADAMS" could that be a possible reference to the Addams Family? ;)

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:58 am

I thought that was painfully obvious, Umino. :P xD

I was like: WOAH, CROSSOVER. o.o
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Pipestrell
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Pipestrell » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:27 am

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
DragonMasterZero wrote:WHOA!

That was in the original as well. That also reminds me that in the episode where the Sailor Soldiers meet King Endymion for the first time in R, during the scene where he tells her that he always used to tell Chibi-usa stories about Sailor Moon, they show a silouhette of Sailor Moon also with the hairclips in her hair.
The second example is more explainable as it was only those first two series that she didn't have the clips and she seem to have them for the rest of her life.
Rosencrantz: Do you think death could be a boat?
Guildenstern: No; Death is not, it isn’t. Death is the ultimate negative; not being. You can’t not be on a boat.
Rosencrantz: I’ve frequently not been on boats.
Guildenstern: No; what you’ve been, is not on boats.

djtaylor
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by djtaylor » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:30 pm

ep. 20-Addams Family? I think I mist that ?. (I don't think I'm stupid?,"but maybe")?
But something I did notice was, in ep.54 the monster jiggles, and I liked it. :)

Ursi-chan
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ursi-chan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:37 am

I can't remember which episode it is, but it is during StarS.

In the episode where Ami-chan goes to a gaming event with Minako-chan, Rei-chan and Mako-chan to talk with Taiki-kun there is a boy with a shirt that says, "I love Anza"

Hmm... I seem to recall this is the real name of first stage SailorMoon from SeraMyu!

Isn't life funny?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:41 am

ADMIN MODE:

Ursi-chan: As per rules of this site and COPPA Laws, please input your birthday into your profile immediately if you want to keep posting here. Thank you!

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Witches5
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Witches5 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:01 pm

I think this general but did you guys notice that

Yaten' feminine looks resembles their female form
Taiki's masculine looks resembles their male form
Seiya's balanced *50% feminine & 50% masculine* looks resembles the Starlights true form.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:29 pm

Witches5 wrote:I think this general but did you guys notice that

Yaten' feminine looks resembles their female form
Taiki's masculine looks resembles their male form
Seiya's balanced *50% feminine & 50% masculine* looks resembles the Starlights true form.
Hmm... I don't know what point you're trying to make here. Could you explain a little? =/
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

SMfanx1000
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by SMfanx1000 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:51 am

Yeah... and, I hope this wasn't mentioned before(too lazy to read 20 pages :P ), but what I noticed a lot in the S season was how many times they changed Michiru/Sailor Neptune's hair color! I mean, it seemed to be around the same color(a dark blue with maybe a little green) until ep. 12, when it was Usagi's b-day. Then, they changed it to an undesirable light green!!
It at first seemed to me that they changed her hair color a lot because sometimes she was in shadow, or sometimes in the sun, but the color changes are too drastic! from eps. 1-11, her hair was dark blue, and stayed dark blue, even in broad daylight. then in ep. 12, it's light green! and after that, they change her hair to dark blue/blue-green when she's in the dark(i.e., ep. 14[Janburo festival], ep. 17[ Haruka and Michiru first meet] ), but her daylight hair color stays around a greenish color mostly. Maybe different ppl did the color for different eps, and the other staff people let them get away with it. Ugh! Let's see if I can find some pics of reference:

Blue hair
ep. 3
http://www.tcp.com/doi/images/smoon/mic ... ptune1.gif

Green hair
in transformation sequence
http://fairy-dust.net/sailorobsession/g ... ne/n15.jpg

Blue hair
ep. 14(Janburo festival)
http://www.animelab.com/anime.manga/pic ... umich1.jpg

Green hair
ep. 18
http://www.jonbales.com/kidspages/sailo ... usmile.jpg

In addition, I haven't seen much of Sailor Stars, but apparently, they change her hair color a lot there too!(I saw from watching vids on youtube.com)

Okay, I'm done! Phew! *wipes sweat off forehead*
Last edited by SMfanx1000 on Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:43 pm

Those are kind of bad pictures to use, since each one has different picture quality. One if a scan, another is a screencap from a fansub, etc.

the dooky
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by the dooky » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Yeah... I've looked at the screencaps in the Sailor Moon S Nakayoshi guides, and I really can't see any difference between the episodes mentioned. I'm pretty sure the colours are standardised during production, although depending on the source (DVD, fansub etc) the colours will appear to vary.
Amazoness! Because men seldom make passes at girls who routinely kill men.

Witches5
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Witches5 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:30 pm

I've noticed that Sailor Uranus only wore 1 earring on her left ear in her Normal Sailor Uranus form but in her Super Sailor Uranus form she wore a pair of earrings.

the dooky
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by the dooky » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:17 am

When Professor Tomoe's oven makes its penultimate appearance in Episode 119, it's in his lab, underneath his house. But when we see it for the last time in Episode 127, it's in the ruins of Muagen Academy. I know Tomoe evacuated his house in Episode 121, but I always assumed that he didn't move the lab, because the lab looks absolutely identical. So, did Tomoe move from the lab under his house to another, identical lab in Mugen Academy?
Amazoness! Because men seldom make passes at girls who routinely kill men.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:03 pm

I definetely noticed something... Luna-P's ears are missing!!!! o____O;;;
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon May 01, 2006 8:52 am