Favorite Ami centric episode?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Favorite Ami centric episode?

Post by Chase Man! » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Title says it all. What's your favorite episode that revolves around Ami?

Personally, I say it's a tie between episode 97 and 151. Why? Well, for episode 97, I do like the chemistry between Ami and Michiru had, and it is refreshing that this episode took place in a swinning pool, if you ask me. And for 151, I do like the personally Ami had thoughout the episode.

Besides, it helps if you got bettter than usual animation directors on those episodes, along with a amazing voice actress to help convey the scenes.

Well, I explained mine, what's yours?

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:57 pm

I would have to agree on episode 97. It goes into Ami's insecurities, and it is interesting that it takes place in a swimming pool.

I also liked the chemistry between Michiru and Ami. It seemed fitting to put them together at least once since they both have similar strengths.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:37 pm

I think one of my favorite Ami centric episodes would have to be the one in Stars when she stands up for what she believes in to Takei. I also agree about the S episode, it also had brought some development into her character. And in R, when she was accused of cheating and she overcame the illusion that was created by the droid and defeated the droid.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:43 am

I'd say my favorite Ami episode is episode 41 "I Won't Run From Love Anymore! Ami and Mamoru's Showdown." I love this episode because Ami x Ryo is one of my favorite couples in the series and I was really glad when they finally got together. I also thought the fight scene between Ami and Endymion was cool and I loved the creative way she used her bubbles instead of just creating a fog with them like she usually does. I wish she had used her Shabom Spray attack more like that more frequently in the series as it gives more variety to her.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

sailor53
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by sailor53 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Episode 151 "True Power Explodes! Ami's Melody of the Heart" is one of my favorite Ami-chan episodes. The music and artwork used in this episode is beautiful. I absolutely love the scene with Ami's vision. The music combined with her father's painting is just gorgeous.

I also really like episode 62 "The friendship of the senshi! Good-bye Ami-chan" I love the song that is played during the airport scene.

Finally episode 97 "Labyrinth of water! Ami's the target" is another really good episode. I like the rivalry between Ami and Michiru. Plus the water scenes are beautiful.
Remember, every downhill has its uphill.