Is Chibi-usa The Most Powerful Sailor Soldier?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Is Chibi-usa The Most Powerful Sailor Soldier?

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:47 am

A lot of fans say Chibi-usa is the weakest of the Sailor Soldiers, but when you stop and think about it, is she actually the most powerful? At the end of R, even Usagi using the Silver Crystal and the Inners working together weren't powerful enough to defeat Death Phantom, but they were able to defeat him with the second Silver Crystal, which only Chibi-usa could use. Then, in Supers, the combined powers of Usagi and the Inners couldn't defeat Nehelenia.

Even when the Amazoness Quartet stole the Golden Crystal from Nehelenia, the Sailor Soldiers were still outmatched by her strength. Only Chibi-usa could use the Golden Crystal which was the only thing powerful enough to defeat Nehelenia. At this point in the series, the Inners' powers are as powerful as the Outers', so I don't think even the Outers could have been much use against Nehelenia without the Golden Crystal. So, wouldn't this mean Chibi-usa is actually stronger than both the Inners and Outers combined?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:00 pm

She is tactically weak, but she has the advantage of heritage. With Mommy and Daddy being who they are, I doubt there would be any Magic Sparkly Thing in the solar system that she couldn't use.

So really, she isn't the most powerful soldier, she's just the most powerful conduit. She can't do much with her own power, but she can channel the power of Magic Sparkly Things like nobody's business.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:22 pm

in the anime Id say Galaxia is the strongest senshi

because [spoiler]even sailormoons ultimate attack did nothing to her, Usagi had to resort to diplomacy to win that battle[/spoiler]

Ive not really seen anything in the anime to make me think Chibi-Usa is particularly strong. It was more the 2 silver crystals working together then either sailormoon or chibi-usa who won that
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:31 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:in the anime Id say Galaxia is the strongest senshi

because [spoiler]even sailormoons ultimate attack did nothing to her, Usagi had to resort to diplomacy to win that battle[/spoiler]

Ive not really seen anything in the anime to make me think Chibi-Usa is particularly strong. It was more the 2 silver crystals working together then either sailormoon or chibi-usa who won that
Agreed. Galaxia was super powerful, and was known as a legendary senshi for a reason.
So really, she isn't the most powerful soldier, she's just the most powerful conduit. She can't do much with her own power, but she can channel the power of Magic Sparkly Things like nobody's business.
Again, agreed. It isn't Chibiusa herself whose power is strong...it's the power of the ginzuishou.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:00 pm

This is true. Her attack in S did next to nothing against the enemy, except distract them until Sailor Moon killed it.

In SuperS, I don't think she even had an attack. All she did was call Pegasus.

So yeah, I totally agree with NameGoesHere. While her own powers suck, she can use other things outside of her own power to whoop some ass.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:04 pm

I don't think she is how we see her, but possibly as an adult with much more developed powers. Plus she was a senshi at a younger age than the others and would have more training/experience later on.

Considering the rate at which the inners powers grew throughout the five seasons I'd say it's pretty accurate to estimate Chibi-Moon's powers being far above the level of the inners when they were at the same age. I mean, she did reach the Super level at a prepubescent age. With five or ten years added to that kind of power she could be pretty power senshi.