Do you think the Outer Senshi could've taken on...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Garland
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Do you think the Outer Senshi could've taken on...

Post by Garland » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:32 pm

*Spoilers*

Do you think the Outer Senshi could've taken on both the Dark Kingdom & the Black Moon if they were around, with just their regular attacks or something? I was watching the latest episode of the incredibly funny, popular, & well-done Sailor Moon: Abridged Series on youtube, and the character Zoisite brought up an interesting point. It's probably the dub version of this, I forgot. He mentioned how even though he and Kunzite had captured all of the Sailor Soldiers that there are still like 6 planets left in the solar system that has an individual Sailor Soldier to it that we haven't even seen yet (and a "Sailor Moon" for all of them since each planet in the solar system has it's own moon - the possibilities are endless, lol). Anyways one of the comments on that latest episode said that if the Dark Kingdom HAD realized that there were still other Sailor Soldiers out there in the universe besides the Inners, then they'd realize that they were screwed!

This got me to thinking that (even though they're not supposed to given the nature of their mission) had Sailors Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto had interfered could they have easily killed Queen Beryl/Metallia & the Death Phantom with merely their regular attacks? Sailor Saturn I know can easily kill anyone (except for Sailor Galaxia), no question about it. But what about those 3?

I think that it would make much more sense. Think about it, the inner senshi weren't exactly on the same level as the outer senshi until like, Super S. The first time they have gotten the upgrades in their powers & their henshin sticks was in Japanese episode 62 (Dub Episode # 56), & then again in Super S in Japanese episode 143 (Dub Episode # 136). Sailor Moon is a no-brainer, because she's the main character of the series & she always gets her locket & her powers upgraded through every passing arc. In Episode number 56 in the dub, Luna claims that the upgrades given to the inner senshi were 10 times as powerful as the old ones. LOL, right. They weren't even close to that! If the inners were so strong like the outers, then they won't even need any upgrades, nor need the outers help whatsoever. Why do you think that we never see the outers given any upgrades in their sticks or their powers in the anime? Because they were already much stronger.

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Re: Do you think the Outer Senshi could've taken on...

Post by Jonathan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:56 pm

Hell yeah the Outers couldve easily taken on the Dark Kingdom and Death Phantom. They were MUCH stronger than the Inners, even after the inners got their first upgrades. Frankly, I think they also could've easily taken on the Dead Moon Circus as well.

I think any of their attacks could've easily wiped out any of the Youmas and even the Four Generals, but maybe a combination of all three attacks would be needed to destroy Queen Beryl, Metallia, and the Death Phantom.

Also, let's not forget how they easily killed the first Daimon in Sailor Moon S. The inners were seriously struggling against it and they simply killed it like nothing. This showed how much stronger they were compared to the inners, and if they easily killed that Daimon imagine the Youmas and Droids from Classic and R.

Why do you think that we never see the outers given any upgrades in their sticks or their powers in the anime? Because they were already much stronger.
Actually in Stars, the Outers got an upgrade from Saturn. We never got to see a new transformation, but it was clear that they became even stronger than what they already were.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

Jermyn
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Jermyn » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:29 am

NO, they probably could beat the Youma and the Droids, However, they would have just as hard time as the Inners did if they go up against the Generals or the Black Moon Clan members. Remember, just because the Death Busters had stronger monsters than the last villains doesn't mean they themselves were stronger.

In fact outside of Pharaoh 90 and Mistress 9, none of the main members of the organization showed themselves to be that powerful. Let's look at the evidence shall we? Professor Tomoe had no powers and the fact that Germatoid had to leave his body to fight is telling. Eudial and Mimete had to use weapons in order to battle the Senshi, Tellu relied on her plants and Viluy relied on her nanomachines. So the only people in the group who were real magic users outside the bosses were Kaolinite and Cyprine and Ptilol. So in fact they're actually the weakest villain group in the series.

The Four Generals of the Dark Kingdom on the other hand were shown in the Anime to be extremely powerful magic users (especially Kunzite) who could've killed the Sailor Senshi quite easily if they hadn't been so arrogant, Queen Metallia was able to evenly match the power of the Silver Crystal during her battle with Sailor Moon. The Ayakashi Sisters were shown as perfect matchs for their Inner Senshi counterparts. Rubeus almost killed Sailor Moon by himself during the battle on his spaceship. And then there is Death Phantom who is probably more powerful then even Sailor Galaxia considering the fact it took the power of TWO silver crystals to beat him. So in the end, the answer is a definite no.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:09 am

I dont know about the dark kingdom but they could not defeat the Death Phantom I am pretty sure.

It took two silver crystals to beat him and even then it was just barely enough, and as the end of sailormoon s showed the outers were no match for the silver crystal. Neptune couldnt even keep a grip on sailormoon when the crystal activated, and that was just one of them.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:35 pm

While I agree the Outers are strong as the others had put it, it takes a team to take down the major villians in Sailormoon. I do not know that even the combined efforts of the four outer guardians would have been enough to take down metallia since it took the purification of the silver crystal to do so. Sure they could have done damage to many of the major villians but in the end it took the pure light powers of Sailor Moon to make sure they stayed down or the occassional sacrifice (IE Sailormoon diving into pharaoh 90 with saturn in order to take him down from within). And though Pluto has the strongest powers of all the senshi IMO her most devestating attack could not be used without serious consequences and she was not really supposed to leave her post anyway.

All in all I think the outers would have put up a strong offense against most of the villians you posted but in the long run they would still have needed the inners all the girls were guardians all have their strengths and weaknesses and all are pretty formidible in my eyes specially towards the end of the series.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:41 pm

o.O I'm trying to figure out why so many people have this idea that the Outers are like...infallable. They have weaknesses, just like the inners, and they aren't somehow this impenetrable force that's impossible to take down. Their powers may be a little more mature, but honestly...they aren't untouchable.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:27 am

I don't think the outers could have taken on anything greater than they everyday villians easily. Their fighting skills are easily on a higher level than the inners but power wise I would argue that they are on a similar level to the inners, with only slight variations depending on the setting of the battle (if they're fighting on an ice berg, Mar's fire is going to be stronger than Neptune's water... etc.)

Garland
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Garland » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Tiff wrote:o.O I'm trying to figure out why so many people have this idea that the Outers are like...infallable. They have weaknesses, just like the inners, and they aren't somehow this impenetrable force that's impossible to take down. Their powers may be a little more mature, but honestly...they aren't untouchable.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't say that they were invincible; I just had a hunch whatever or not they would also be a match for the past villians in a easier way, that's all.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Garland wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I didn't say that they were invincible; I just had a hunch whatever or not they would also be a match for the past villians in a easier way, that's all.
I don't mean you in particular, it just seems a lot of people who have replied view the outers as these god-like senshi who are far, far stronger than the inners. I saw the senshi as all having their own strengths and weaknesses.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:31 pm

The Outers might have easily beaten the Youma and Droids. If they tried to go defeat Beryl I think they would have been killed by the DD Girls. I would also think that they would not have been able to defeat Death Phantom.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 am

I agree the Outers could have easily defeated the MOTDs. I also think they could have taken on the Generals by working together and I think Saturn might have been able to defeat Metallia with her powers to destroy a planet, but it might have been a close call. I think the Outers could easily defeat the Four Phantom Sisters since their powers seemed to be on par with the Inners. Whether or not they could defeat Rubeus depends because remember Rubeus cheated when he fought Usagi, as most of his powers came from the spaceship rather than his own abilities. Battling against Rubeus on his own, I think the Outers could defeat Rubeus working together since his powers seemed to rival Usagi's not using the Silver Cyrstal, but they would need the Inners' help fighting against his spaceship.

I think the Outers could have easily defeated Esmeraude in her dragon form since all it took to kill her was to attack her crown to weaken her. She actually seems like the weakest Sailor Moon villain to me. And the Outers would have had to work together to defeat Black Lady since she was as powerful as all the Inners put together, although maybe Saturn could have defeated her with just her friendship. But I agree that the Outers would need the Inners' help against Death Phantom since they aren't as strong as the Silver Crystal and as already mentioned, it took two Silver Crystals to defeat him. But if they had Saturn's powers with them, then they might have only needed one crystal to fight him.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"