Name something you liked&disliked about each season

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:29 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:Yea, I hated how the Eternal Sailor Moon fuku came out in the anime. Over accessorized in my opinion.
Oh yes. I hate the Eternal fuku. Atleast in the manga Eternal Sailor Moon had uh... real wings. Though even the manga fuku sucks. It looks way too off compared to her previous outfits. Maybe it's the lack of Tiara? Or those god awful boots?

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:51 pm

Tiff wrote:
AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
laffinizluv wrote: Sailor Moon's new fuku
Yea, I hated how the Eternal Sailor Moon fuku came out in the anime. Over accessorized in my opinion.
I can't believe I forgot that. I really hated how big and fake ESM's wings looked. They were like...cut out from posterboard.
Yeah, I agree wit you on that. I always figured they got lazy with the wings, but if they would've drawn them the way they were drawn in the final episode,then her Eternal outfit wouldve been better looking.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:40 pm

The wings were definately the kicker for that outfit but the fact that it was yellow and (to me) shiny and plastic looking completely destroys any hope of a good fuku.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:30 pm

laffinizluv wrote:The wings were definately the kicker for that outfit but the fact that it was yellow and (to me) shiny and plastic looking completely destroys any hope of a good fuku.
Only the top skirt is yellow. The rest is mostly a mix of pink, red, and blue.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:24 pm

Classic

Liked: the first few Usagi-only episodes, sailor jupiter's intro episode, good character development, some interesting fillers (one of them is episode 37, in my opinion), 'moon healing escalation' (with silver crystal), the ending, interesting motd.

Disliked: some episodes looked worse than others, slow pacing, neprite's boring filler arc, the rainbow crystal arc, sailor venus showed up TOOOO late:'(

R

Liked: the black moon clan, sailor pluto, the makaiju arc, better animation, the inner senshi power-up's, NURSE VENUS!!!!!, black lady, some un-boring filler, faster paced.

Disliked: the break-up ark, not enough driods, cardians were boring, chibiusa got on my nerves, sailor pluto wasnt as important.

S

Liked: darker theme, heart crystals, eudial, daimons, professor tomoe (aka the crazy mad scientist dude), sailor pluto was back:)animation improved alot.

Disliked: pharoah 90 didnt even speak!, mistress 9 for only 3ish episodes? pffffffft, fillers were too repetative in the kaorinite arc, uranus (she was too anal... hmm... possible joke?... uranus was anal... ok, enough of that)

SS

Liked: animation was superior, episode 141 was the best filler, dianna, uranus wasnt there, nehelenia, dream mirrors, some funny moments.

Disliked: filler, no neptune or pluto, lemures (off topic... i just noticed that lemures can be said in english as remless because you can change the 'l' at the begining of the word to an 'r' (someone said in a smu comparison that 'r' and 'l' in japanese were interchangable), drop the 'u' , change the 2nd 'r' to an 'l', add a second 's', and you have remless, which is what cloverway translated it to. it is not a dumb change because the 'rem' means REM sleep (you have dreams in this state) and 'less' usually means lack off, so, it could mean 'dreamless', which the lemures are. that also concludes that 'lemures' and 'remless' are the same, and our japanese friends overseas were trying to aim for 'remless', but with thier speach and how they pronounce words, they could only say lemures instead of the intended (in my opinion) remless. back on topic now) as they were just so......annoying.

Stars

Liked: only galaxia (even she had flaws....)

Disliked: everything
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:38 am

Classic
Liked:
Immaturity of characters, Meeting all the senshi, Usagi and Mamoru scene in elevator, Finding Princess Serenity, Battle with Beryl, Senshi deaths, Senshi's goodbyes
Disliked:
Heart moving, Princess Moon, Mako and Minako's lack of episodes, Ami, Usa and Rei's episode hogging, Queen Beryl

R
Liked:
Chibi-Usa (There's a first), Snow White episode, Otome no policy, Neo Queen Serenity, Black Lady, Chibi-usa calling Usagi 'mom', Moon revenge, La soldier, aquiring Moon Crystal power, Moon Revenge
Disliked:
Usagi and Mamoru breakup (He ended up saving her anyway so what was the point?), too much Ail and An, Usagi's withdrawral symptoms from Mamoru, Moonlight Knight

S
Liked:
Outers theme, Pluto, Saturn, Chibi-Usa and Hotaru's friendship, Haruka and Michiru's death, Professor Tomoe, Usagi saving Hotaru, Professor Tomoe holding Mistress 9, Luna as a human
Disliked:
Neptune and Uranus' bitchy attitudes

SuperS
Liked:
Amazon Trio, Amzoness Quartet, comedy, Luna and Artemis episode (with the nun and Diana), Usagi saving Chibi-Usa, Elios and Chibi-Usa, Rashiku Ikimasho, Watashitachi ni naritakute
Disliked: Inners being useless, Chibi-Usa kissing a horse, Mamoru being more useless than ever

Stars
Liked:
Kaze mo sora mo kitto, Sailor stars song, Inners deaths, Outers deaths, Nehelania's happy ending, Mamoru telling Usagi he loved her, Princess Kakyuu, Todokanu Omoi
Disliked:
The starlights, Seiyaa's obesession with Usagi, Chibi-Usa's disappearance, Underweight Usagi, Galaxia, Way too many Sailors both good and bad, Certain episodes with crap art, too much focus on Usagi, too little focus on the inners and outers, Mamoru's lame ass death-We all know he's useless but did he really need to have his ass kicked so quickly?[/b]
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

denizenofevil
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by denizenofevil » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:17 am

Iced_Cappucino wrote:Classic
Liked:
Immaturity of characters, Meeting all the senshi, Usagi and Mamoru scene in elevator, Finding Princess Serenity, Battle with Beryl, Senshi deaths, Senshi's goodbyes
Disliked:
Heart moving, Princess Moon, Mako and Minako's lack of episodes, Ami, Usa and Rei's episode hogging, Queen Beryl

R
Liked:
Chibi-Usa (There's a first), Snow White episode, Otome no policy, Neo Queen Serenity, Black Lady, Chibi-usa calling Usagi 'mom', Moon revenge, La soldier, aquiring Moon Crystal power, Moon Revenge
Disliked:
Usagi and Mamoru breakup (He ended up saving her anyway so what was the point?), too much Ail and An, Usagi's withdrawral symptoms from Mamoru, Moonlight Knight

S
Liked:
Outers theme, Pluto, Saturn, Chibi-Usa and Hotaru's friendship, Haruka and Michiru's death, Professor Tomoe, Usagi saving Hotaru, Professor Tomoe holding Mistress 9, Luna as a human
Disliked:
Neptune and Uranus' bitchy attitudes

SuperS
Liked:
Amazon Trio, Amzoness Quartet, comedy, Luna and Artemis episode (with the nun and Diana), Usagi saving Chibi-Usa, Elios and Chibi-Usa, Rashiku Ikimasho, Watashitachi ni naritakute
Disliked: Inners being useless, Chibi-Usa kissing a horse, Mamoru being more useless than ever

Stars
Liked:
Kaze mo sora mo kitto, Sailor stars song, Inners deaths, Outers deaths, Nehelania's happy ending, Mamoru telling Usagi he loved her, Princess Kakyuu, Todokanu Omoi
Disliked:
The starlights, Seiyaa's obesession with Usagi, Chibi-Usa's disappearance, Underweight Usagi, Galaxia, Way too many Sailors both good and bad, Certain episodes with crap art, too much focus on Usagi, too little focus on the inners and outers, Mamoru's lame ass death-We all know he's useless but did he really need to have his ass kicked so quickly?[/b]
lol... I agree with you on the horse kissing thing. I didnt really dislike anything about the older episodes besides, that, and Mamoru and Usagi's breakup. However, i have a lot of complaints about the last season. I didn't like the Starlights. It's just so confusing. I hated the last battle because it was anti climactic. I mean, flying around naked is supposed to solve everything? I liked all the deaths and a few other touching/sad moments here and there but otherwise, that season just...wasn't cool. I really REALLY hated her new fuku. It was just hideous and for some reason, the season didn't feel much like Sailor Moon.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Classic

Likes-I thought this season had the best character development of all five seasons. I loved the Naru/Nephrite subplot, the relationship between Zoisite and Kunzite, and I thought Beryl was the best villain in the series. The monsters were actually menacing and threatening. I also felt this season had the best balance of comedy, romance, and tragedy and the ending to the first season is still my favorite ending of the series and I also thought Usagi and Mamoru's relationship was at its best in this season.

Dislikes-I felt like they could have shown more about what the Inners' past lives were like instead of focusing so much on Usagi. I thought Jaedite was just a rather boring villain and the animation errors are more obvious in this season it seems like.

R

Likes-Most of the Doom Tree arc, the Four Phantom Sisters, Black Lady, Saphir and his relationship with Petz, the new attacks for the Sailor Soldiers, the introduction of Sailor Pluto, and the whole concept of Crystal Tokyo.

Dislikes-The soldiers' new anime-only attacks in the Doom Tree arc were very shafted. Like, they only showed Jupiter's and Venus' new attacks once or twice, but Mercury got to use her Bubbles Freezing several times and even still used it throughout the Black Moon arc. Chibi-usa was an annoying brat most of the season and I didn't start to like her more until towards the end.

I thought Rubeus and Wiseman were boring generic villains without any character development at all. Esmeraude was the most annoying villain in the series and Demand was a male rip-off of Queen Beryl. There wasn't enough Sailor Pluto and I thought the manga version's ending was better as the anime's ending was too similar to the first season's, but lacked any of the original's emotion.

S

Likes-The season is darker than the others, loved the introduction of Sailor Uranus and Neptune and that Pluto finally gets some screen time. Professor Tomoe and Mistress Nine were some of the most twisted villains in the series. I also loved the friendship between Chibi-usa and Hotaru and I thought Chibi-usa had matured in this season.

Dislikes: There was too much focus on the Outers and the battles against the Death Busters and not enough focus on the Inners and their lives as ordinary school girls. Sailor Chibi Moon should have gotten stronger attacks. The manga's ending was cooler than the anime's and I was disappointed that Sailor Saturn got shafted. I was disappointed the Inners didn't get any new attacks this season, either. The Witche's 5 also suffered from being too generic, like Tellu, Cyprine and Ptilol, Eudial, and Viluy. Mimete and Kaornite were the only ones of Tomoe's lackeys that I thought were interesting. And there didn't seem to be any consistency as to what counted as a pure heart in this season.

Supers

Likes-The comedy is some of the best in the season. Almost all the villains were shades of gray characters rather than stereotypical evil bad guys. The Amazon Trio and Amazonness Quartet are some of my favorite villains. Supers had the best animation and music in the series, along with my favorite ending themes. I loved the relationship between Chibi-usa and Helios, and I wasn't bothered by her kiss because they showed Helios' true form while she did it.

Dislikes-The Quartet didn't get to become Sailor Soldiers like in the manga, Mamoru was next to non-existent in this season, we didn't get to see Artemis' and Diana's human forms and I wish the anime had given Chibi Moon a new attack this season, and the Inners could have had more screen time.

Sailor Stars

Likes-The concept of gender bending Sailor Soldiers, Seiya and Yaten, Princess Kakkyu, the Sailor Wars, Aluminen Seiren and Lead Crow were hilarious vililains, loved Galaxia, the Outers return, the comedy was the best in the series and even funnier than Supers. Loved the new opening theme, Sailor Stars Song.

Dislikes-Iron Mouse was a rip off of Mimete, Tin Nyanko was annoying most of the time, we didn't get a new transformation scenes for the Outers and Saturn didn't get one at all. Pluto didn't get any new attacks and Saturn didn't do anything again. The Quartet didn't return any and I hated Taiki. I have mixed feelings about the ending. On the one hand, I thought the anime had a great ending on its own right, but on the other hand, I do wish we could have seen the Quartet return and Sailor Cosmos. The character designs were also inconsistent in this season. Sometimes they looked great but other times they just looked off.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

This Side of Paradise
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by This Side of Paradise » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Classic:

Likes: How they took their time getting all the Senshi together. The Monsters of the Day weren't goofy at all.

Dislikes: I would have rather have liked it be a surprise that Usagi was the Princess.

R:

Likes: The Monsters of the Day weren't too goof yet. The Sisters were fun to watch, and I liked how they were healed by Sailor Moon.

Dislikes: The Doom Tree Saga. Too much Chibi-usa this is one season I don't really like her in. To me she's too bratty in it. The Inner Senshi's powered up attacks are only seen and used once. :(

Supers:

Likes: The Outer Senshi arrive. Hotaru is introduced, as well as Sailor Saturn.

Dislikes: Sailor Saturn didn't get her own henshin sequence. Chibi-Moon's attacks (may be for comedic reasons) weren't powerful.

Super S.

Likes: I've always liked this season, I've always found it funny. I'm glad for once that the Inner Senshi (minus Moon) get's a upgrade and new powers, and new henshin wands. (I love the Crystal Change Rods the best) The Amazon Quartet are the minions, fav bad guy's out of the series.

Dislikes: Too much Chibi-Moon cuteness overload. Too much of Usagi and Chibi-Moon "at the right time right place" sort of thing. The Amazon Trio. The silly MoTD the monsters were too over the top, sometimes it got too much over the top.

Sailor Stars:

Likes: The Outer Senshi come back, they finally get their Super forms. That's pretty much it for me.

Dislikes: The Nehelenia (sp?) arc I just watched it so I knew what was going on afterwards, but I just skip over the six episodes if I rewatch the season. Too much of Usagi being the only Senshi to defeat the phage, and if the Inner Senshi are with her it's only one Senshi, and these episodes are too far in between. The Eternal fuku. I find that both the henshin and the attack takes way too long. The Sailor Starlights.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own. Adam Savage.

Adam: I think this is the strangest position I''ve ever been in on this show.
Kari: [quietly] Notice how he qualifies it with "on this show".

MythBusters.

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Classic:

Liked: The plot, action, introduction to the characters, and the Naru/ Nephrite relationship.

Disliked:Too many fillers!

R:

Liked: How Chibiusa made the scene (I know I'm a minority), and the drama surounding her. Also the Doom Tree Arc was very cute.

Disliked: After Rubeus dies and Chibiusa's past is revealed, SMR gets alittle boring and repetitive.

S:

Liked: EVERYTHING!!!! Especially when the talismans are revealed, Hotaru and everything surrounding her, and Sailor moon's henshin into Super sailor moon.

Disliked: Tough one, but I have to say the filler episodes.

SuperS:

Liked: The cute, sugary, pink, chibiusaness. Kawaii1 And the characterizations of the Amazon trio were a big plus in my book.

Disliked: The endless amount of filler episodes and how there was not much plot build up.

Stars:

Liked: The humor and plot. Love the return of the outer senshi.

Disliked: Very hard to choose. Everything was great.